Thread: Sharp 007SH (Android Flip) The Hybrid

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
    There's always hope since it's Android . I hope......
    As far as I remember they locked something, which makes it very hard to unlocked it........
    EVERYTHING'S GONE

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unless they pull a samsung and include the unlock code in the efs folder, it won't be unlocked :P
    What a long emoticon...

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yttrasil View Post
    Wait wait wait, just what with this phone is better/cooler than tha sh-10c? What does it have and the other not, except worse design??
    PC mail, Android Market Place, smart phone UI, proper touchscreen (i.e. fast with no lag)...

Not sure if you're aware, but the world is going bonkers for having apps on phones these days. Having a standard keitai doesn't cut it so well... even in Japan. Lots of people here are saying their next phones will be smart phones. They don't want to get left behind and would quite like apps and proper internet browsing.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klanse View Post
    Very little chance of getting it unlocked...
    Why wouldn't a hypersim unlock it? Did they do something special this time 'round?

Software unlock is unlikely but a hypersim has always worked so...?

GPS and Internet will work obviously since it's got Google Maps and you can always edit the APN.
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Porsche Design P'9981 by BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martindesu View Post
    Having a standard keitai doesn't cut it so well... even in Japan. Lots of people here are saying their next phones will be smart phones. They don't want to get left behind and would quite like apps and proper internet browsing.
    Interestingly, last I read 87% or something of users (all ages, all genders) said they'd rather stick with a keitai instead. Lost the source, but it made me breath slightly in relief.
    Current Phone: Porsche Design P9981 by BlackBerry + BlackBerry PlayBook

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    Why wouldn't a hypersim unlock it? Did they do something special this time 'round?

Software unlock is unlikely but a hypersim has always worked so...?

GPS and Internet will work obviously since it's got Google Maps and you can always edit the APN.
    I am talking about Software unlock

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Wait wait wait, just what with this phone is better/cooler than tha sh-10c? What does it have and the other not, except worse design??
    One is a smartphone with some decent hardware (by smartphone standards) running full Android and one is a 'classic' keitai.

They're for two completely different markets. One is for people who want a smartphone in the shell of a keitai, and one is a keitai.
    If you're considering a SH-10C you're unlikely to be considering this, and if you're considering a 007SH you're definitely not going to consider a SH-10C.

Quote Originally Posted by klanse View Post
    I am talking about Software unlock
    Haha okay I see then.

You're better off with a docomo if you want a sw/factory unlock.

Device(s)
    Sharp sh906i blue
    Feedback Score
    Oh ok, i thought the sh10c was running full andriod except that maybe the specific android market wasn't working but the other ones were. That explains it and why the phone is pretty awesome

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Oh ok, i thought the sh10c was running full andriod except that maybe the specific android market wasn't working but the other ones were. That explains it and why the phone is pretty awesome
    It's like saying a Mercedes S-Class is better than a C-Class. It is, obviously, and they're similar since they both have doors and wheels, but they're for different markets- one for the high-end luxury (power user) market and one for the average Joe (ie regular users of keitais who prefer a simpler OS).

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah the SH-10C is running standard docomo os.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's like saying a Mercedes S-Class is better than a C-Class. It is, obviously, and they're similar since they both have doors and wheels, but they're for different markets- one for the high-end luxury (power user) market and one for the average Joe (ie regular users of keitais who prefer a simpler OS).
    The problem with that analogy is that i'd say 90% of C class owners would rather be in an S class! (it may work in Japan though)
    I would have thought a better comparison would be a Porsche Cayene (007SH) vs a stripped out race car (SH10C)

One is ugly, but it is still fast, can go virtually anywhere, and has lots of useful features
    The other is very good looking, much faster, but being a race car isnt very useful and there are lots of places it cant go :P

People who have race cars usually have a second car for a daily driver

Oh and back on topic, i just read somewhere on 2CH that the 007SH is planned to have an 840mah battery. If that pans out, then that pretty much kills the chances of this phone succeeding. For android that is laughable and you would be hardpressed to last until the afternoon without requiring a recharge

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    The problem with that analogy is that i'd say 90% of C class owners would rather be in an S class! (it may work in Japan though)
    I would have thought a better comparison would be a Porsche Cayene (007SH) vs a stripped out race car (SH10C)

One is ugly, but it is still fast, can go virtually anywhere, and has lots of useful features
    The other is very good looking, much faster, but being a race car isnt very useful and there are lots of places it cant go :P

People who have race cars usually have a second car for a daily driver

Oh and back on topic, i just read somewhere on 2CH that the 007SH is planned to have an 840mah battery. If that pans out, then that pretty much kills the chances of this phone succeeding. For android that is laughable and you would be hardpressed to last until the afternoon without requiring a recharge
    Fair enough

If the battery is that tiny, and with my kinda usage, I'd say it goes for around 3 or 4 hours before requiring a recharge. Let's see... 2~3 spare batteries? No thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia N9
    Feedback Score
    @Martin you've become a mod? lol

This phone has got me excited about Sharp phones again, I was considering upgrading to the galaxy S II but now I will wait and see lol.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raiden_t View Post
    @Martin you've become a mod? lol

This phone has got me excited about Sharp phones again, I was considering upgrading to the galaxy S II but now I will wait and see lol.
    Me too, but the pathetic battery life killed it for me

Shame about the last-gen hardware too. Argh.

Device(s)
    Nokia N9
    Feedback Score
    Me too, but the pathetic battery life killed it for me

Shame about the last-gen hardware too. Argh.
    Noo..yamanote don't tell me things like that I was hoping to hear only good things

Well maybe their next attempt at an android keitai will be a greater improvement, I guess I'll stick with my galaxy S for a little bit longer.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast