Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp 007SH (Android Flip) The Hybrid

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raiden_t View Post
    Noo..yamanote don't tell me things like that I was hoping to hear only good things

Well maybe their next attempt at an android keitai will be a greater improvement, I guess I'll stick with my galaxy S for a little bit longer.
    I think it's more of a limitation of the flip design than the fact that it has Android on it. For example, my LYNX 3D (SH-03C, first-gen Android keitai) has a 1400mAh battery which lasts quite a bit longer than my other keitais, but it's based on the slab form factor.

All the flip keitais have miserably tiny batteries. Probably due to the amount of hardware they have to stuff in there. It isn't exactly small or thin as it is right now so either they make a gargantuan flip or you get a crappy battery. I'd take a hugeass flip over a flip that won't work for more than 4 hours but they seem to think otherwise.

Sorry for shattering your dreams

iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They can make better batteries, well, a bit better... In comparison, my 904SH has a 900 mAh battery, while my girlfriend's SH-01B has a 770 mAh one - and they hardly differ in size.

Of course, I agree with yamanote about the impossibility to stuff a big capacity battery in a flip phone, e.g. 1400 mAh, but hey, they could go for 900 mAh at least as I'd imagine technology has improved (slightly) from back in 2006.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    I guess they just expect people to rely on external AA battery & solar chargers or something to get their phone through the day...

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People in Japan have chargers at work desks and at home. So the companies save money on batteries.

My WX-T923 had a 1350mAh battery....

I am sure larger ones can be purchased at a later date.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Sharp site says: "Softbank Mobile for Smartphone "AQUOS PHONE THE HYBRID SoftBank 007SH" Renesas Technology". Anyone know what exactly role Renesas play here? Renesas are a major semiconductor manufacturer and as such they are a direct competitor to Sharp.

* I thought the name sounds familiar and just remembered the USB 3.0 chip/wiring on my motherboard is by Renesas and one of the startup processes on my Win 7 is USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver by Renesas Electronics.

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This one??
    EVERYTHING'S GONE

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see. I thought Sharp were making their own photo/image processing engines, but obviously they aren't.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    So Renesas = the new image processing engine for Sharps? What happened to ProPix?

(Renesas for smartphones and ProPix for AQUOS SHOT phones? idk)

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    So Renesas = the new image processing engine for Sharps? What happened to ProPix?

(Renesas for smartphones and ProPix for AQUOS SHOT phones? idk)
    No, I don't think this is the case. The new Aquos Phone image processors are still dubbed "ProPix". It is either that Renesas are the new manufacturers of the ProPix engine, or they have always been, but only now does Sharp reveal the fact.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    they've always used Renesas...I think haonan can explain it better

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 007SH was officially approved by the FCC for the US and Europe: http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/05/2...n-for-the-fcc/

And now we wait...

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/docs/news...23_447831.html
    Sharp is kidding themselves if they think that an 820mah battery will be enough for this phone. Number one complaint from anyone switching from a Gala-kei to android is "damn the battery drains too fast". It would take about 3 seconds to realise this type of thoughts are all over twitter, 2ch, blogs etc (and thats with the 1100mah batteries)

It is excusable for the first round of Androids (they didnt know), but they should have realised since then. So either they are too thick-headed to listen to customer feedback; or they have found something completely revolutionary in terms of battery conservation on Android...

Device(s)
    Nokia N9
    Feedback Score
    If somebody finds a video of the phone please post it, I want to see it in action

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Device(s)
    Nokia N9
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klanse View Post
    that video has makes me want to ignore its faults and buy it

I wonder when it will be released in Europe, and if Vodafone UK will supply Sharp phones again.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast