Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp 007SH (Android Flip) The Hybrid

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    No, I don't think this is the case. The new Aquos Phone image processors are still dubbed "ProPix". It is either that Renesas are the new manufacturers of the ProPix engine, or they have always been, but only now does Sharp reveal the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
    they've always used Renesas...I think haonan can explain it better
    Oh I see... that press release makes it sound like it's a completely different engine lol. So Renesas chips and Sharp programming? Or am I missing something (as I am prone to do)?

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/docs/news...23_447831.html
    Sharp is kidding themselves if they think that an 820mah battery will be enough for this phone. Number one complaint from anyone switching from a Gala-kei to android is "damn the battery drains too fast". It would take about 3 seconds to realise this type of thoughts are all over twitter, 2ch, blogs etc (and thats with the 1100mah batteries)

It is excusable for the first round of Androids (they didnt know), but they should have realised since then. So either they are too thick-headed to listen to customer feedback; or they have found something completely revolutionary in terms of battery conservation on Android...
    I think it's mainly due to the fact that they wanted to conform to the traditional keitai look- long, narrow, not-too-thick and craploads of tech in there. All that = small batteries are needed, like traditional keitais.

It's not that they don't know Android uses gobloads of battery- they did cram 1000+ mah batteries on the original slab android keitais
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Porsche Design P'9981 by BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You know, scrolling home menus would have been where the Touch Cruiser would've come into good use. Swipe on TouchCru and change home menus. Use direction keys to select icons.
    Current Phone: Porsche Design P9981 by BlackBerry + BlackBerry PlayBook

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have already forwarded this news to the guys at Mugen-Power... I expect they will be makeing "bathtub" batteries for this in no time...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i really like these types of phones so original than those new ones......

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    The 007SH was officially approved by the FCC for the US and Europe: http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/05/2...n-for-the-fcc/

And now we wait...
    Does that mean we'll definitely get it, or there is just a little chance? Because I still highly doubt that Sharp will release it outside of Asia...

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 007SH was officially approved by the FCC for the US and Europe: http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/05/2...n-for-the-fcc/

And now we wait...
    That happens with every phone. It doesn't mean that there will be a US/Europe release at all.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I imagine that they would need to do that in order to certify it for global roaming, right?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by martindesu View Post
    That happens with every phone. It doesn't mean that there will be a US/Europe release at all.
    Well, that's what the Engaget article claims, that this approval is because Sharp is going to sell it in the US/Europe. After all, the FCC is an American organization and they've got no business approving Japan-only phones, have they? For Europe, it's the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) but they don't get mentioned - I guess if the FCC's approved it that "automatically" means the ETSI will too.

The second press release by Sharp I linked in the main forum: http://www.sharp.co.jp/corporate/rep...ne2/index.html

actually mentions the US and Europe. Here's the quote again:
    "Finally, in addition to Japan and China, U.S. and Europe and in emerging economies "AQUOS PHONE" explained the expansion." (最後に、日本・中国に加え、米国や欧州、新興国への「AQUOS PHONE」展開を説明しました。).
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    att us
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raiden_t View Post
    @Martin you've become a mod? lol

This phone has got me excited about Sharp phones again, I was considering upgrading to the galaxy S II but now I will wait and see lol.
    Exactly same situation with me but I don't know if I can be patient enough for the probable docomo version

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Well, that's what the Engaget article claims, that this approval is because Sharp is going to sell it in the US/Europe. After all, the FCC is an American organization and they've got no business approving Japan-only phones, have they? For Europe, it's the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) but they don't get mentioned - I guess if the FCC's approved it that "automatically" means the ETSI will too.

The second press release by Sharp I linked in the main forum: http://www.sharp.co.jp/corporate/rep...ne2/index.html

actually mentions the US and Europe. Here's the quote again:
    The FCC has to certify every single phone that *might* be used (roaming or otherwise) on American soil.

It might be a sign of things to come but probably just to certify it for roaming (y'know, to ensure its radiation won't kill every American it touches or something).

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, that's what the Engaget article claims, that this approval is because Sharp is going to sell it in the US/Europe. After all, the FCC is an American organization and they've got no business approving Japan-only phones, have they?
    Dude, you can find the 920SH, SH-07B and basically any other roaming capable phone on the FCC.

Engadget are full of crap

Quote Originally Posted by raiden_t View Post
    @Martin you've become a mod? lol

This phone has got me excited about Sharp phones again, I was considering upgrading to the galaxy S II but now I will wait and see lol.
    Yes mate. The last mod stole money from members and left the us all in the dark. Nasty piece of work.

I volunteered my services as I am now living in Tokyo and felt I have been around here long enough to be trusted. I won't be throwing weight around; just catching spam, re-routing threads and being a point of contact for any issues or concerns.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    engadget likes to BS people with their snide comments, i hate those blog tech sites that like to insert their snide comments into every article

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    (popping back in for a while before going back to my excessively time-consuming schoolwork)
    Yeah, that habit is a bit annoying. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they went global with this one, given the feature set.

Device(s)
    Porsche Design P'9981 by BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    This line is gold.

Device(s)
    Nokia N9
    Feedback Score
    Dude, you can find the 920SH, SH-07B and basically any other roaming capable phone on the FCC.

Yes mate. The last mod stole money from members and left the us all in the dark. Nasty piece of work.

I volunteered my services as I am now living in Tokyo and felt I have been around here long enough to be trusted. I won't be throwing weight around; just catching spam, re-routing threads and being a point of contact for any issues or concerns.
    Really? that's terrible, was he stealing donation money or something?

Maybe you can pop into a phone shop and give us a quick 'youtube' style review? lol

Quote Originally Posted by yangj08 View Post

Yeah, that habit is a bit annoying. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they went global with this one, given the feature set.
    Yangj I hope you are right mate

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast