Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp 007SH (Android Flip) The Hybrid

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    No he didn't steal donation money (I don't think mods can just take money from the donation box lol).

To be more accurate he stole money from one member, not members.

See:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...!-!?highlight=
    and
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...er!?highlight=

Just reading through that thread 'gives me a sad'
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Nokia N9
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    No he didn't steal donation money (I don't think mods can just take money from the donation box lol).

To be more accurate he stole money from one member, not members.

See:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...!-!?highlight=
    and
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...er!?highlight=

Just reading through that thread 'gives me a sad'
    Wow, that's pretty messed up, that guy is scum.

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by raiden_t View Post
    Maybe you can pop into a phone shop and give us a quick 'youtube' style review? lol
    Sure thing

Device(s)
    SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, im a long time member of the boards and I have been keeping an eye on this section of the boards for a while now because I really love flipphones and Android OS. Anyhow, with that said, should start saving up for this phone for use on T-mobile or would unlocking it be too much of an hassle? Thanks for your time and your responses!!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using HowardForums

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0510 View Post
    Hey guys, im a long time member of the boards and I have been keeping an eye on this section of the boards for a while now because I really love flipphones and Android OS. Anyhow, with that said, should start saving up for this phone for use on T-mobile or would unlocking it be too much of an hassle? Thanks for your time and your responses!!

It'll be 2G only. 007SH doesn't support aws.

Internet etc should be fine since you can change APN though.

The lock isn't as annoying as other SoftBanks though (no mm lock, just CPR issue).

Device(s)
    SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd be ok with that. Where I live there is no 3G. Thanks for the reply. I really like this phone and can't wait to and get one.
    I was concerned about CPR issuses. Lol it kinda sounds not fun to deal with constantly.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It really isn't fun but if you live in an area with good signal it wouldn't be a big deal at all, and having android on board slims down chances of doing CPR, I have an 003SH that I had to CPR only once in the 4 or so months I used it.

Device(s)
    SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I might try and buy a less expensive phone and use it for a while before plunging on this one. Lol I just love the idea of an Android powered flip.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahhdillon View Post
    It really isn't fun but if you live in an area with good signal it wouldn't be a big deal at all, and having android on board slims down chances of doing CPR, I have an 003SH that I had to CPR only once in the 4 or so months I used it.
    What is it that causes the phone to do a CPR? I thought only DoCoMos have this problem, but here SoftBank is mentioned (and elsewhere I think).

Lucky me, I guess, I haven't had a SINGLE signal loss issue with my 904SH and it's been to several different countries, not just different regions in my country. My girlfriend's SH-01B hasn't been around for very long but there's been NO signal loss either - only moved within the city though, maybe change 5-10 different signal towers.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, other members can elaborate on this in more detail but basically both docomo and softbank have always needed CPR. Docomo phones are apparently less frequented by the issues and Softbank phones after the 920SH have CPR issues as well (not too mention that damn mm lock).

I don't really wanna spread misinformation so I'm sure Ionnuke or someone else can fill in for some info if they feel like it. But basically no vodafone phones faced CPR issues. The reason why this is? Well, I'm sure someone can explain this and looking into older threads help as well. I hate hypersims because of obvious reasons so I've never felt the need to look up some things on them, but hearing about your no signal loss with the SH-01B sounds fantastic, must live in a city?

And of course there's so many diff. hypersims and the combo on which sim card/frequency you need for them to run on just makes me avoid the hypersim game even more

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, hypersim is both a blessing (we can use keitai outside of Japan after all) and a curse

I am thinking of upgrading the SH-01B hypersim (it's Mr. SIM 2.1 and I downloaded the latest software) but I am a but worried because if something goes wrong my girlfriend will lose her phone until another hypersim gets delivered (can take ages). Why I want to do this? In the hope of unlocking MTP and maybe, just maybe, getting 3G to work for incoming calls... the battery drains damn quick.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread.

Device(s)
    SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Guess we won't know any definite CPR issues till this phone is released.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Android or not it will have CPR issues (the hypersims can't renew the TMSI or something like that so when you leave the area your CPR phone was assigned it will usually go OUT).

I don't think Android affects it- I think it's a hypersim x baseband kinda issue not the OS.

SoftBanks used to not have CPR issues up till 920SH. docomos have always had CPR issues.

Device(s)
    SH12C
    Carrier(s)
    CHN CMCC
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey guys I heard with the upcomming SB season, SB will have software unlock available. not sure if its true yet!
    N04B For Sale: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e!-Red-95-new!

Fujitsu:F906i,F08A,F01B,F06B,F07B,F01C
    NEC:N906iL,N906i,N01A,N02A,N08A,N09A,N04B
    Sony Ericsson:SO905ics,W64s
    Panasonic:P905i,P906i,P01A,P01B
    Sharp: SH905i,SH01A,SH03A,SH06A,SH01B,SH02B,SH07B,SH01C,S H12C,v903SH,911SH,816SH,920SH,922SH,923SH,
    930SH,T930,932SH,T923,933SH,934SH,003SH,8010c,9010 c,9020c,0902c,1810c,7218U,8158U

Device(s)
    SH12C
    Carrier(s)
    CHN CMCC
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yamanote your PM boxis full!!!! clean it and send me a price on the SH12C from tofu

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast