Thread: No coverage

Carrier
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score

No coverage

In an area called Brooks, Oregon there is no coverage. But on their ICP and maps shows that there is 4G available.

Sent from my HD 7 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gprsking2001 View Post
    In an area called Brooks, Oregon there is no coverage. But on their ICP and maps shows that there is 4G available.
    The coverage map shows Brooks is in an area of marginal coverage, served at the edge of a cell site.

Depending on structures, phone used, where you are in that area it could not work as desired. Not to mention a cell site could be down for maintenance, especially since you are posting in the middle of the night.

It's not unusual for "no coverage" posts from the middle of the night to magically resolve themselves in the morning.

You also did not address foliage (trees) in the area. Some areas have better service when the trees are bare.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The HD7 has weak reception as well.
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Carrier
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    I used to work at t-mobile and eversince I can recall brooks nit having service. just recently I actually got a response from engineering and they said that expansion is not in the budget. And no it is clear skies and the same can be said at the fire station where I work. Not even outside, now across the freeway at the pilot gas station there's service.

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carriers
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    I used to work at t-mobile and eversince I can recall brooks nit having service. just recently I actually got a response from engineering and they said that expansion is not in the budget. And no it is clear skies and the same can be said at the fire station where I work. Not even outside, now across the freeway at the pilot gas station there's service.
    If you can see the cell tower than this is a little odd.

Most likely the signal, as suggested on the maps, is very suspect on the east side of the freeway. You might try with an old Nokia or other reception champ to see if it is the phone or if there is truly no signal.

Carrier
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    True. I have heard that Nokia is great on reception. Have you heard of a Nokia device that tells you what sector of the cell site and the radio. When I worked at tmo I saw one but didn't pay much attention to it.

Phones
    Carriers
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    True. I have heard that Nokia is great on reception. Have you heard of a Nokia device that tells you what sector of the cell site and the radio. When I worked at tmo I saw one but didn't pay much attention to it.

Old school Nokias for GSM yes; for 3G I do not know. They removed that from the basic firmware years ago.

8290, 6340, 6340i (for 850) are some.