Thread: Tmobile vs Simple mobile unlimited

Feedback Score

Tmobile vs Simple mobile unlimited

Frankly, with the launch of the new extended truly unlimited 2G /throttled data on Tmobile prepaid's $50 talk/text/100 meg plan and $70 talk/text/2 gig plans, I think Simple Mobile is going to take a licking.

With better CS, roaming and truly unlimited (if 2G after a point) data, Simple Mobile isn't that great a deal if you ask me.

Not compared to the new Tmobile offerings.

Feedback Score
    I still haven't found anyone that can beat my plan on GSM.

5 lines shared family plan - unlimited talk/text/MMS

$240 per month ($189 pre-tax) on T-Mobile EM+.

Feedback Score

Tmobile Prepaid $70 Unlimited everything vs. Simple Moblile $60 unlimited everything.

Two gigs? Try FIVE gigs of 4g level hspa+ speed data then truly unlimited edge throttle!
    Which is a better value folks? Tmobile with nearly postpaid roaming coverage (for at least voice), better customer care (by far from most reports), 5 gigs of 4g speed data w/ an unlimited edge cap and NO KICKOFFS for $70 PLUS the option of going to paygo for a while to park your account if you don't have the money for that month or Simple Mobile with native Tmobile coverage ONLY (no roaming, period), much maligned and lesser quality Customer care, a possible one gig HARD cap where they simply turn off your data if you go too high for $60?

I think the extra $10 is money well spent for peace of mind even though both are Tmobile based. Cheap insurance against coverage, customer care and data overage issues. Plus if you get the cards on discount, it makes it even cheaper and closer to Simple's price.

Carrier
    T-Mob Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post

I think the extra $10 is money well spent for peace of mind even though both are Tmobile based. Cheap insurance against coverage, customer care and data overage issues. Plus if you get the cards on discount, it makes it even cheaper and closer to Simple's price.
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but where could I get the 50 plan on a discount?

Also, I'm in IL, are the taxes usually included?

What happens if I don't refill in time? Do I lose my number?

Feedback Score
    There are other Hofos who know this better then I. I posted general information. Calling mart, Babble Bug and others offer small discounts but Tmobile has cut their discount rates to all sellers in the last six month to maximize their profits from their new aggressive push into prepaid (they launched five new unlimited plans about a couple of months ago).

You would have to check with your local tax dept for that one. I did a cursory check on Illinois but couldn't find anything about how much percent if they charge. Each state is different . Some charge an 911 tax, others don't.

Call Tmobile customer care and ask for their prepaid division. There should be a brief grace period of maybe 30 days if you don't refill on time.

Some things have changed since this thread went live six months ago in Tmobile prepaid.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Callingmart.com is where most people get their discounted refills. Check their twitter (linked from their web site) for discount codes. Its a very reputable site.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arl View Post
    I still haven't found anyone that can beat my plan on GSM.

5 lines shared family plan - unlimited talk/text/MMS

$240 per month ($189 pre-tax) on T-Mobile EM+.
    How is that even a good plan?! Each line is costing you $48 dollars and you don't have Internet. Simple Mobiles $40 dollar plan is cheaper and it has Unlimited 2g internet. Monthly it would be a solid $200 no taxes

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Same price on Walmart Family Mobile now -- $185 pre taxes and fees for 5 lines unlimited talk/text/data (slow data).