Thread: Data Caps on Transitioned Air-Cards?

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate, AT&T USBConnect Turbo
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Data Caps on Transitioned Air-Cards?

I know that AT&T has a history of Data Capping, but I'm unable to find any documentation on caps applied to Air-cards. When I look up their capping policies all I can find are the ones for their DSL lines. I posted in the Alltel to AT&T thread, but I didn't get a response.

I'm worried because in my area, the Data/Aircards are THE ONLY form of reliable internet, and since my transition on the 20th, I've used a gig of data already, and that has only been mild net usage, a few Hulu episodes, and a single session of WoW (1.5-2 hours max). That is my normal day-to-day usage of the connection, but I do work from home several time a month remoted into servers across ND and MT.

If anyone has any info they could share with me I'd really appreciate it, or any insight into what this could mean in the long term for me.

Thanks again y'all

Ryan
    Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Lite a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I transitioned in January, and have used 30+ GB a month so far.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate, AT&T USBConnect Turbo
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I finally got thru to an AT&T rep today that could give me a good answer instead of bouncing me around until I got disconnected.

Final verdict: They will honor the Alltel agreement and if for some reason i do get cut off for data cap usage just to call to get it reactivated. All Alltel accounts are showing as Unlimited Data/Unlimited Cap on their end so there should be no issues

Just to be on the safe side I had her notate my account and open an incident number for me for future reference in case they decide to change their minds.