Phones
    Iphone 4
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Thinking about leaving AT&T for Metro PCS

For the purpose of saving some $ I am looking to switch from AT&T to a family account w/ Metro PCS. I live in Texas and per the map (zip 76208) there seems to be good coverage. Any opinions as far as if saving (about $20 per month) some money and getting more features in all accounts is worth the switch from what I think is good coverage and selection of phones w/ AT&T.

Phones
    Google LG Nexus 4
    Google LG Nexus 4
    LG Esteem (Wife's)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sotolu View Post
    For the purpose of saving some $ I am looking to switch from AT&T to a family account w/ Metro PCS. I live in Texas and per the map (zip 76208) there seems to be good coverage. Any opinions as far as if saving (about $20 per month) some money and getting more features in all accounts is worth the switch from what I think is good coverage and selection of phones w/ AT&T.
    The only thing I would be prepared for is the data speed, with att you are looking at much faster data downloads.
    with metro its back to dial up speed, maybe even slower.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Black69Camaro View Post
    The only thing I would be prepared for is the data speed, with att you are looking at much faster data downloads.
    with metro its back to dial up speed, maybe even slower.
    Except for LTE phones on Metro -- data speeds are fine there. But those are pricey phones and Metro's LTE coverage is still sparse. By end of this year it will be as dense as their CDMA network coverage, supposedly.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    Google LG Nexus 4
    Google LG Nexus 4
    LG Esteem (Wife's)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Except for LTE phones on Metro -- data speeds are fine there. But those are pricey phones and Metro's LTE coverage is still sparse. By end of this year it will be as dense as their CDMA network coverage, supposedly.
    Great point, but as of now there are only 2 lte phones and both have there quirks. And the indulge has several.

Phones
    Iphone 4
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

voice

Thanks for the response. While data speed is important, how is the voice coverage? I have read about phones going in ans out of roaming... but it is sort of confuising.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sotolu View Post
    Thanks for the response. While data speed is important, how is the voice coverage? I have read about phones going in ans out of roaming... but it is sort of confuising.
    Don't believe everything you hear!! I have Metro and I travel and my phone never drops calls " or should I say very rarely ".

I have the Samsung Indulge LTE phone and the speeds are really good data wise.

I have been on Sprint/Nextel, Cingular and I have NEVER had a problem with Metro PCS. As a matter of fact... I have gotten 2 other family members to switch over to Metro and they will be saving money too!!!

Feedback Score
    I very rarely drop coverage... almost never. MEtro has great coverage. At times, my co-worker has to use my phone (He has verizon) because I get more coverage than he does in some areas. Great choice btw, this will save you a LOT of money.

Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    In dfw, att is coverage king. Buy a cheap metro phone and carry it around for a couple weeks before you start to port numbers out though to make sure you have coverage where it counts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897
    At&t SGS III Belton/Nolanville, TX

Feedback Score
    Hey, I went from AT&T to Metro. I live in NJ though. I think I've had more drop calls on AT&T and call quality is clearer on Metro.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i say port it out. no problem porting it right back or to anyone else. i truly believe there are less issues when you just port immediately than wait. at least, from what i've dealt with there are less issues. i end up having less issues that way, including when they need to port back to their original carrier or to another one.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    u said texas eh? lol ull have some of the best coverage in texas and as far as Lte goes ur speeds will be even better i belive another member from texas with metro clocked out around 6mbs if im not mistaken while here in florida my best clock out was at 5 by a miracle. so coverage ur good to go lte data even better. ur in metro pcs home land where its main company is located at any better than that and ull live next to one of the towers lol jk