What is this?
(If there was already a thread for this, Forgive me. I did not see it)
First off, You need to be rooted and have a different ClockWorkMod. Root is simple by using Z4root.
http://handheld.softpedia.com/dyn-po...110178&t=4&i=1 (Z4root 1.3.0)
You need to have ClockWorkMod. These instructions are taken from Isaacj87 and Joser116:
How to install CWM Recovery: ***(Other option below)
To Be Safe, Format SD Card. You Can Copy Your SD Card Content To Your Computer If You Want Before The Format. Format will erase all SD Card data.
FORMAT THE SD CARD: Press Menu key while in the phone’s homescreen and go into SD card & Phone Storage. Unmount SD Card, Then Format SD Card (Or you can format it on a computer, Just make sure it’s formatted to Fat32 and NOT NTFS)
1) Using a computer, Download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?egzfp41ti4l84e4 (CWM 126.96.36.199, Newer one on Wiki 188.8.131.52)
2) Connect the phone to the computer via USB and make sure the drivers are installed. Turn the phone off and wait until the battery screen comes out after the Huawei logo then press and hold Volume DOWN, End Key, and Power Button You should see the Huawei logo. Leave the phone like that and move on to the computer.
3) Open the CWM Recovery folder that you downloaded. Find and Run the fastboot- file according to your OS. Extract all if necessary. Once you run it, you should get a black window that disappears immediately. Phone may still be at the Huawei screen. Then Run the install-recovery- file according to your OS.(If there is any command prompt problems or the pc says waiting for device go into control panel/sys/device manager and find android 1.0 right click and update driver.)
4) Once it is done, Unplug USB cable and take out the battery for 10 seconds and try to get into recovery by turning phone off and pressing and holding Volume Up, Call key, and Power until the black Clockwork screen comes out.
STOP!!! Before proceeding, do a backup of your current ROM in case something bad happens. To do the backup:
5) Select backup and restore. Select Backup and do a backup. This is going to take about 5 minutes. After that, go all the way back and select reboot system now, Connect the phone to the computer, Press Mount on the notification that pops out in the phone, View your files on your sd card, Find the clockworkmod folder and copy that file to your computer.
***You can also download Rom Manager from the market as well. Then you can use this to flash the newest recovery, Also is another place you can find Rom Updates. :]
You also want to make sure you’ve either backed up your Apps with Titanium back up (Or another alternative) or you know already what apps you need. Make sure you’ve got your contacts backed up to your Google account.
Download the newest Cm7 file, Gapps and MetrOFF if you are Metro PCS. Cricket does not need any third party MMS file.
This is the link to the files you will need - http://prepaidandroid.org/index.php?...cend#Changelog
Make sure you have placed them in the actual SD card and not any sub-folders. Also, You want to check the sizes of the files to insure that they match the actual download size. If they don’t, You’ll get a bad flash.
Press Volume up + Call + Power button to get back into the CWM.
Now on to installing:
You want to do things in this order;
*Wipe data/factory reset
*Wipe cache partition
Go under advanced :
*Wipe Dalvik Cache, Then go back into the main screen.
Go under mounts and storage :
*Format cache (Be careful here as this is very close to format sdcard and you don’t want that!)
Then go back to the main screen and select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
You then want to choose to install the Cm7 file first. After this is done you want to reboot. If you have wifi, This is a good time to set this up. Also go into spare parts in the app drawer and change the End Button Behavior, Set it to Go to home. This is also a great chance to try out some overclocking options!
Then go back into recovery. Find the Gapps file and install it following the same instructions for the Cm7 file (Choose zip, etc). Then repeat for the MetrOFF (If you are Metro PCS and not Cricket). If you are Cricket, It is okay to do Cm7 together (Do Cm7 first though). If you get stuck in a boot loop, Re-Flash and try the Rom and Cm7 separate. Once you’ve finished doing these steps, Reboot
If all this is a success you’ll first get a finish setup screen, Though it will bring you back to the beginning where you press the droid to start. You definitely need to choose at least gmail, google maps, google voice, street view on google maps, and voice search. The rest are optional.
Also, If you are having a problem with wifi, Just turn it off and back on. I’ve noticed I have trouble with the Market after that first set up. You just need to reboot and it will be back to normal and working fine!
Note: Under Settings > Cyanogen Mod settings > Performance > Cpu settings > You can change this to anything you’d like. I’d recommend trying 710 but DO NOT check the set on boot. That way if it makes your phone act up/reboot you can just start it back up running on 600. If your phone DOES restart running 710 then I do not recommend changing it to over 690. 671 should be stable, speedy and it’s also not a major battery killer.
If all this went well, Enjoy your new rom!
If you like this rom, Please donate to Isaacj87 for his work. ^.^
Follow him on twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/IcarusMod
ƸӜƷ•°*””*°•.I'm lost. If you find me, Please return me to myself.•°*””*°•.ƸӜƷ
What is this?
lol Septembersrain is one of the good guys, she wouldn't do viruses.
Too bad I've moved on from the Huawei Ascend to the Motorola Triumph! LOL.
I'm on the Droid X2 myself, but keep the Ascend around to play on. I'll always have a soft spot for it.