Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG800G App install--USB

Feedback Score

LG800G App install--USB

My computer does not have Bluetooth capabilities. Is there a way to install an app (Java) in my LG800G using a USB cable? I copied the files (.jad and .jar) to my phone's memory card in a folder called "games & apps", but nothing shows up. There is evidently more to it than copying files. Appreciate the help.
    Last edited by Rolph; 05-24-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Try copying the .jar and .jad files into the "other" folder, instead.

They didn't show up for me either when I tried dropping them directly into the "games/apps" folder. Rather, put them into "other". Then on your phone go to "my stuff" and under "other files". Then click on the the .jad and the phone will then install and copy the apps over to the "games/apps" section.

Or if all you've got is the .jar file then click on that file instead. But same procedure.

Feedback Score
    Thanks...it worked.

Feedback Score

How do you copy these files?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3235 View Post

They didn't show up for me either when I tried dropping them directly into the "games/apps" folder. Rather, put them into "other". Then on your phone go to "my stuff" and under "other files". Then click on the the .jad and the phone will then install and copy the apps over to the "games/apps" section.

Or if all you've got is the .jar file then click on that file instead. But same procedure.
    I don't know how to copy these files. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aruba116 View Post
    I don't know how to copy these files. Any and all help will be appreciated.
    What you do is when you are at a site like Getjar, or any other site, just download the fille initially to your desktop or other folder - it will be a file with a .jar extension. Then connect your phone to your computer with the USB cable. Then just copy that file from your computer to a folder on the phone (Documents, for example) using the regular Copy, paste operation (like you would any file). In fact, while you have your phone connected to your computer, you might copy some mp3s to your phone - put them in the Sounds folder (recommend organizing them by folder). When finished copying, disconnect your phone by selecting the Exit button on your phone, then unplug your USB cable. Then on your phone, navigate to the folder you copied those .jar files to, and just select them , and the phone installs them properly.

Feedback Score
    Another way to get apps on a phone like the 800G is WITH THE PHONE go to m.getjar.com and transfer the files directly to the phone. It will cost you a few minutes but ........ Go to Getjar.com w/your computer and read about how to download directly to your phone.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all of the help srt8mo and rich in STL. Everything worked like a charm.

Feedback Score
    I plugged my LG800G into my computer, but I went to "My Computer", and no drives
    showed up. Does anyone know where to go to download a driver so my computer
    detects my LG800G? Help would be much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    You have to make sure that the cable supports both data and charging, not just charging. I know this sounds crazy, but the cables are different on the inside. Once you plug in a data/charging cable, the computer should have built-in software that knows what to do. And as a bonus, the phone gets charged at the same time.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I left it connected up while listening to what I had downloaded to MP3 and the battery was able to fully charge during the process.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bspamo View Post
    I plugged my LG800G into my computer, but I went to "My Computer", and no drives showed up. Does anyone know where to go to download a driver so my computer detects my LG800G? Help would be much appreciated.
    You don't need a driver. You must have a microSD card installed in the phone. When connected by a USB data/charging cable, the PC only sees the phone's microSD card (also referred to as external memory). It doesn't see the phone's internal memory.

Bluetooth can transfer to/from the phone's internal memory as well as the microSD card, but USB transfer cannot.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bspamo View Post
    I plugged my LG800G into my computer, but I went to "My Computer", and no drives
    showed up. Does anyone know where to go to download a driver so my computer
    detects my LG800G? Help would be much appreciated.
    See if this helps you understand:

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...ropagation=end

Feedback Score

Cannot get Bolt to start in LG800g

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3235 View Post

I have downloaded from Softpedia and followed the above procedure. The application is now in the games and aps BUT when I try to start it it seems to stall. This is the second time I've tried to download and install. any suggestions???

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I go to getjar.com and when I click on download,a box pops up to tell me to go to m.getjar.com on my phone and tells me to select quick download and gives me a code...I do that,and it will say "file not supported" and it will keep asking me if I want to continue...it's so annoying,and I've wasted lots of minutes.Isn't there a way I can just download the files to my computer and transfer them that way?Because I've looked on other sites for games,and they don't work...can someone please help,I'm ready to give up on having any kind of games or apps on my phone other than the ones that were pre-installed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl39 View Post
    ......Isn't there a way I can just download the files to my computer and transfer them that way?Because I've looked on other sites for games,and they don't work...can someone please help,I'm ready to give up on having any kind of games or apps on my phone other than the ones that were pre-installed
    Yes, you can download the jad/jar to your PC, copy them to your phone, and install from the phone and save minutes.

Go back and re-read this thread, then ask questions if it's not clear what to do.
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast