Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF is this "Tracfone 411" crap?

Feedback Score

Question WTF is this "Tracfone 411" crap?

First time today with the LG800G I try using 411 and to my surprise I get this new Tracfone 411 and listen to a advertisement for Wal Mart for about a minute and then after another 2-3 minutes of crap I could not even get the number I was looking for and had to hang up.

What happened to the regular 411?
    I'm on AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone Wireless, Inc. intended place ads on their phones in North America in the future. There's been a few threads started by users including one started mine. A few months ago, it was thought they would put an ad at the end of a call. But you are the first person that I heard to report using 411 directory as an ad conduit.

Also, please cool the language language in the future. I don't think your acronyms are liked by the administrators. I am very sympathetic to your position. Believe me I have requested and they had removed their pop-up ads from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    First time today with the LG800G I try using 411 and to my surprise I get this new Tracfone 411 and listen to a advertisement for Wal Mart for about a minute and then after another 2-3 minutes of crap I could not even get the number I was looking for and had to hang up.

I'm on AT&T.
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Feedback Score
    Yet another scum thing tracfone does!

BTW there is nothing wrong with "WTF" its a way to say it without spelling it out. I get amazed more and more!

Feedback Score
    Sorry for my language but I can not believe that I can't get the regular AT&T 411 on the LG800G.
    First I got a 1 minute advertisement for Wal Mart offering their specials this week and then I had to select between 3-4 different languages before they offered me English.
    Were are in America and should not have to push a button for English.
    Anyhow the 411 is useless on the LG800G.
    On the Samsung T301 slider that is also on AT&T and in the same area I still get the regular AT&T 411.
    What Gives?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackers View Post
    Yet another scum thing tracfone does!

BTW there is nothing wrong with "WTF" its a way to say it without spelling it out. I get amazed more and more!
    Yes, there is something wrong with it. Mature people don't talk like that in a public forum, whether it's explicitly spelled out or masked by initials.

Feedback Score
    Wow, I did know the Etiquette standard was so high on the prepaid cheesy Tracfone boards.
    Where talking about $15.-$50 prepaid phones here.

Feedback Score
    It's well-known that there are problems with the LG800G. Tracfone apparently is trying to have a different approach with this model, but a number of things are messed up. If you don't like the people on this forum, go elsewhere where everyone just tries to out-cuss each other. Then see how much help you actually get there vs boring old fogies here. It doesn't matter what these phones cost. Would you rather be a sucker and pay way too much like postpaid people do? I think you are plenty smart but it can be hard to tell with some people. You get more help when it seems boring, because it's more facts and less garbage.

Phones
    Zte Merit LG 900G
    Lg 900G
    Zte Merit
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    just tried the net 10 900g, And it too is giving a walmart ad when calling 411. It even says to hit the star button to get a text message for more info on this add. But after the ad, it went right to 411 in english. Did not have to pick a language. I may as well put in my 2 cents on the WTF part. In my house and as far back as I can remeber, That stood for What The Freak. I was raised that, When someone reads those LETTERS and thinks about the other word, then they too need to think better, dont mean to upset people IJS

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't experienced any ads, but I notice that on AT&T-based TracFones, I'm routed to a different generic 411. I just called it now and it sounded like an Indian gal, someone I'd talk to if I were calling TracFone. That's fine for me, I hardly ever call 411, but I think the ads are a bit much if that's what they're switching to. We're paying for our service with TracFone, so that should exclude ads.

As a side note, on Verizon-based TracFones, 411 gets the same generic 411. However, dialing 1411 gets you Verizon Wireless directory assistance. That's a nice perk because I get to talk to someone at least in the US, sometimes even local.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Toyota | let's go places

Primary: Galaxy Note 3 and LG F6: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    None of the language or suggestions you are making are necessary. I don't want to see people unnecessarily banned. There are other forums if you want to engage in gutter talk. It is just not accepted here. People are trying to give you the heads up. If you don't like it, stop arguing and go to a different forum that accepts that language. We are here to discuss phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackers View Post
    lol agreed! maybe I shouldnt say lol might be too immature! People are so sensitive when it comes to words and now they are just as sensitive to non words that are coded words! AMAZING

Hooterville change you account name you are referencing a female body part and might insult someone!

Feedback Score
    I saw you were criticized after you made your apology but your response is out irrelevant and out of bounds. The people here believe in low cost not low class. If that what you think you are low class because of your interest in these phones then go onto a different forum where you feel more comfortable.

Wow, I did know the Etiquette standard was so high on the prepaid cheesy Tracfone boards.
    Where talking about $15.-$50 prepaid phones here.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    If you want a good alternative to Tracfone's or Net10's 411 try Bing411 (dial 800-246-4411). It's like the old Goog411 before they discontinued it, a voice recognition system (has worked really well for me). I have the number stored in a speed dial so if I hit and hold "4" it connects me to Bing411. It's free, no ads, but you do get charged minutes for your call like a normal call. Play with it on your home phone to see how it works, since it is an 800 number it's free to play with and experiment. You can get directions, phone numbers, addresses, traffic, weather, etc.. all by speaking the right words. It also gives you the option to connect your call if you want. I think it's a pretty cool system I've come to use on a regular basis when traveling. Give it a shot from your home phone and see if it's for you. Bing411 has a web site: http://www.discoverbing.com/mobile/411/index.html
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 05-26-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Wow, it don't take much to work up the people on this forum.
    Don't come in this thread and make numerous posts if there is nothing here that interest you.
    I said I was sorry, give it a break.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

I'm on AT&T.
    My opinion is this - if we have to put up with advertisements, then it should be free. If we are paying for it (and we are - for the call, but not any extra charges), then why do we have to hear the ads?

However, on my wife's AT&T plan. I do note that if she uses 411, she is charged something like $1.99 per instance. I guess Tracfone doesn't charge us anything extra to use 411 (?) besides the normal charges for phone call use so perhaps this is the trade-off.

Would you rather pay extra minutes and have no ads, or put up with the ads (and pay no extra minutes) to use the 411 service?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    However, on my wife's AT&T plan. I do note that if she uses 411, she is charged something like $1.99 per instance. I guess Tracfone doesn't charge us anything extra to use 411 (?) besides the normal charges for phone call use so perhaps this is the trade-off.

Would you rather pay extra minutes and have no ads, or put up with the ads (and pay no extra minutes) to use the 411 service?
    Honestly, I'd rather have the option to just pay more. But I have 1K min on each of my two TracFones so that's why I don't mind. I've never called 411 from my postpaid phone because I've always had an extra TracFone for "free" 411 or I just look it up online. Usually the latter though.

Sent via Android

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast