Thread: Signed version of Google Maps, downloading, LG 800G

Feedback Score

Signed version of Google Maps, downloading, LG 800G

Using the browser on the LG 800G I went to maps.google.com and saw a line saying "download google maps" or such. I took that. then it said showed a screen saying something like "use this link to download" so I took this link but it said I was downloading an unsigned version, so I cancelled and clicked this link again, and again it said I was downloading an unsigned version.

I kept cancelling until it gave me a signed version. I felt dumb and I wasted some minutes but I got the signed version!

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    How do you resize the screen on the lg 800g using Opera Mini 4.3 or 6, is it either full page where you can't read a thing or full zoom where you only see about 5% of a page, am I doing something wrong or what? Just got my lg yesterday.....

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mongooserider View Post
    How do you resize the screen on the lg 800g using Opera Mini 4.3 or 6, is it either full page where you can't read a thing or full zoom where you only see about 5% of a page, am I doing something wrong or what? Just got my lg yesterday.....
    Yes you pinch in or pinch out like on the Iphone. Look at the following:

http://www.opera.com/mobile/features/

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Have you ever actually used the "pinch/pull" option on the lg800g, I couldn't get it to work. If you did get it to work, what version are you using, I've tried Opera mini 4.3 & 6.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Have you ever actually used the "pinch/pull" option on the lg800g, I couldn't get it to work. If you did get it to work, what version are you using, I've tried Opera mini 4.3 & 6.
    I tried it with the 4.3 - but it doesn't seem to have it - all that works with the 4.3 is to zoom in and out. And no gradual zoom in/out - just one zoom in, and one zoom out as far as i could tell, on the page that I experimented with. I do not have ver 6, was waiting for someone w/ that ver to try it and see, but maybe I'll go ahead and get it and try it out. Ver 6 is supposed to have it...

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Pinch zooming only works in the Android, Symbian and iPhone versions of Opera Mini. The Java version that runs on the 800g only has two zoom levels; zoomed in and zoomed out. Double tap to switch between them.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rich in STL View Post
    Using the browser on the LG 800G I went to maps.google.com and saw a line saying "download google maps" or such. I took that. then it said showed a screen saying something like "use this link to download" so I took this link but it said I was downloading an unsigned version, so I cancelled and clicked this link again, and again it said I was downloading an unsigned version.

I kept cancelling until it gave me a signed version. I felt dumb and I wasted some minutes but I got the signed version!

I was skeptical but the above method worked after about 7 tries. I no longer get the untrusted application message. Before starting Google Maps app for 1st time, I terminated the browser. Cost about 5 minutes.

Thanks Rich in STL.
    Last edited by cat_paw; 06-03-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Feedback Score

need SIGNED google maps for Lg800g Net10

I DID NOT FInd th e link on the said page no option to download anything wasted about a 100 minutes trying different ways of getting a signed Google maps for my LG800g the browser stopped workig or said thje page was too large.If I could get a definate signed version onto my laptop I would be set then I would transfer it(I have already done this with an unsigned version. Can anyone Help please

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bwainy View Post
    I DID NOT FInd th e link on the said page no option to download anything wasted about a 100 minutes trying different ways of getting a signed Google maps for my LG800g the browser stopped workig or said thje page was too large.If I could get a definate signed version onto my laptop I would be set then I would transfer it(I have already done this with an unsigned version. Can anyone Help please
    Try this one: http://boostapps.com/apps/google-map...creen-version/