Thread: Casio RAVINE HUGE problem!!! Help

Feedback Score

Casio RAVINE HUGE problem!!! Help

I purchased the phone used (they claimed everything worked like its supposed to. Well ever since i started it up it has been extremely slow. Whenever I do ANYTHING it takes at least a solid 2 seconds before responding. I have the newest software and everything. What could it be?

Carrier
    Verizon, Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    When these are brand new, they work well. If they ever have a factory reset done to them they will s-l-o-w down to the point they are nearly unusable. Sounds like they previous owner had a phone that worked just fine, but reset it just before sending it to you - as one would normally do when selling a phone.

Not that Verizon or Casio will ever admit it, there is something wrong with the firmware/software with these phones. When we moved from Nextel to Verizon we bought one of these and passed it around between the lines until everyone got a phone they liked. Unfortunately everytime we reset this particular model phone it would do this I had would have to call in to Verizon and have them send me a new one. When I finally sold it on ebay I manually removed all my contacts and sent it to the buyer with a warning to never reset it. I informed him of the problem before he paid and I belive he understood.

Since you are not the original owner you won't get any help from Verizon. These are fairly new so I would try and contact Casio to see if they will stand behind their product.

Feedback Score
    is there ANY way to get this fixed?

Phone
    ic902
    Carrier
    Sprint/nextel
    Feedback Score
    Is this also a Problem with the Ravine 2

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We have had our Ravine 2 for about two weeks. After one week we did one factory reset and during the following week have not observed any abnormal behavior.

The behavior of the factory reset on this phone is slightly different than that on two other models of non-smartphones that we've done factory resets on. The Ravine 2 forewarns you that the factory reset may take up to five minutes; ours took about two minutes.

After a few days of owning the phone, the phone alerted us that a new firmware is available. We gave permission to the phone to install the firmware, and so far we have not noticed anything made broken because of the firmware. The possible exception is when you press the directional key to the right to access the four shortcuts; it *seems* like prior to the update that the list of shortcuts popped up instantaneously and that now after the firmware there is a delay of about 1.5 seconds -- but I might be mistaken in so far as that prior to the update I accessed the list of shortcuts only about twice and didn't think of paying closer attention to the responsiveness of the list popping up.

I don't know if it would it worth doing your hard reset before the update or doing your hard reset after the update.

So far we've been very impressed with the phone.
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)