Phones
    Blackberry Storm
    Voyager (retired) / Dare (retired)
    Sony Ericsson w900i (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Xperia Play on PrePaid?

does anyone know if the verizon Xperia Play can be on prepaid? like on metro or pageplus or another company?

Phones
    Evo * Imagio * Incredible * TP2 * Vogue * Fascinate *
    Evo * HTC Incredible
    Imagio * Sprint Touch Pro
    Carriers
    BoostMobile
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

YES! Xperia Play on PagePlus

Indeed it does!! Verizon's CDMA Xperia Play on Page Plus works great & they have recently reduced their data fees. ($15/100mb)

Xperia Play IOTA activated & runs flawless on PagePlus network.
    Extremely pleased to confirm that Verizon's hot new Xperia Play /Station phone
    Activated IOTA on PagePlus & all features run flawlessly, right outta the box!!
    Easy online activation @ howardforums or free activation at pageplusdealer
    Activated easily OTA within 10 minutes with working 3G, phone & text.
    The VZW subscription apps (bloatware) will not work -- such as vcast media manager, navigator. etc)

However included games work (require no subscription). The Xperia Play app zaps you to VZW Vcast, which doesn't play nice with PP, but the games are also readily available for 3G/wifi download via Android Market or various websites/forums. Yay!

Amazon Wireless is offering contract free (choose VZW replacement phone option) for $500 +tx & free 2 day shipping (vs $99 w/2 yr VZW contract & $350 ETF).
    Price is $100 less than anywhere i've seen online. Be sure to select CDMA version so PP can activate

Android honeycomb is blazingly fast & the graphics are incredible.
    Data management is great so far as android disables 3G while Wifi is on, & we are lucky enough to have wifi most of the time. Data connection is not necessary to play the games once downloaded.

VZW individual plan for this cool device was about $100/month w/only 450 minutes
    Instead we are on PP 1200tnt for $29 month - 100mb data.
    The $70 more per month that we would have paid VZW in 4-5 months covers the cost of purchasing phone without contract discount.
    Also found great phone insurance plan with WorthAve for $59 year.

Hoping those rumours of more data availability on PP are true & imminent

Phones
    LG Dare
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Really? I just bought one and it did not activate properly. I tried ota and had them change a bunch of stuff. Page Plus was SURPRISINGLY helpful considering they don't support it. But unfortunately, it still did not activate properly.

Phones
    Evo * HTC Incredible
    Carriers
    BoostMobile
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep Really. Ours was right out of the box, never activated.
    Was this a verizon branded Xperia Play you tried to activate?? w/original software or hacked?

It is unclear what you mean by "did not activate properly", or had them "change a bunch of stuff"
    The only reason I have known a vzw phone NOT to work on PP for (at least) calls & text was if the min/mdn was programmed in wrong (typo), OR if the meid/esn was incorrect on the device.
    Generally speaking PagePlus staff has been unhelpful, or not knowledgeable in troubleshooting for me.

Every verizon branded phone I have activated on PagePlus (except for HTC XV6900), has activated with
    all features working without a hitch, whether a new "never activated" vzw device, or already activated/used on VZW. As long as it was not blacklisted (bad ESN) by verizon, all is good.
    I usually use howardforums for activations.

On occasion, I have had issues with 3G after flashing a custom rom, but this can usually be resolved by
    esn swapping a diff verizon device, and then swapping back the intended phone, which forces reprovisioning.
    It helps to have original verizon software/prl on the device.

If you are interested, some tips to try:
    PagePlusDealer dot com offers free activations AND ESN swaps for pageplus on their website.
    I would recommend borrowing a verizon phone, and esn swapping that phone onto pageplus account you
    created, or just activate as a new PP account. PPD will email you the phone # & special programming #
    Save this email. Next, *228 the starter/borrowed device and place a test call to be sure it works.
    VZW phones MSL/Unlock code is 000000

Then, backup and factory reset your Xperia Play. if you have hacked or altered ESN /internal settings other than rom, you might want to RTN (Try ##786# send) device to restore original vzw settings.

I usually wait about 15 minutes and go back to PagePlusDealer website and esn swap your Xperia Play to replace the other device you just activated.
    The Experia Play should OTA program, if not, you can usually program by entering ##000000# send on the dialpad, then enter your assigned PP phone # and special programming # (sometimes these #s are the same)
    shown on PPD confirmation page, or from email they will send you.

To provision with PP, dial *228 and choose option 1, phone will reset after programming, then redial *228 and choose option 2 to update roaming PRL. Automated voice will say 'welcome to verizon" that is OK.

Be sure to use the ESN/DEC #s from the device itself, rather than what is printed on the box.
    Additionally, verify the ESN/DEC #s under batt match what is programmed in phone/android by tapping settings, scroll to bottom & tap about phone, tap status

Hope this helps !

Feedback Score
    My son got a neew Ericson Play by SONY and changed the password then forgot what he did and the phone is in lockdown. NO GAMES or Calls not even 911 for emergency. This sucked because Verizon can't reset it. We either bite the cost for replacement or it looses all setings and games preinstalled. It becomes dumb and no go no show. Sony factory rep service tech repairs only at that point and since it is user error issue they say it will cost at SONY repair shop full rates. Like I said no show, no go. It is a boat anchor unless somone knows something the reps dont. We tried the factory password which is 000000 but no show no go. We even tried other type resets like hold this and that down and start but no show, no go. We are at wits end and I have to pay out the cntract or pay full boat for the unit plus the contract cancellation of another $200.
    That is too high for a family living on social security check and kindness. The contract is high the minutes and all so it was a bad buy and I regret doing so. His psp was a much better buy even with all his games, etc. Can anyone help me?

Phones
    Evo * HTC Incredible
    Carriers
    BoostMobile
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    does he remember his gmail address?
    A master/factory reset does wipe apps & custom settings, but apps installed from android market can easily be redownloaded as they are attached to his gmail account