Thread: How do I remove Undeleteable Apps from the Nokia 5230 Nuron?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How do I remove Undeleteable Apps from the Nokia 5230 Nuron?

I recently purchased a Nokia 5230. It is a great phone but little internal memory. The phone came preloaded with several apps I will never use but the phone won't let me delete them. Is there a hidden menu or special software that allows you to remove Apps? Thank you.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No you can't unless you can debrand the phone.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOCustomer View Post
    I recently purchased a Nokia 5230. It is a great phone but little internal memory. The phone came preloaded with several apps I will never use but the phone won't let me delete them. Is there a hidden menu or special software that allows you to remove Apps? Thank you.
    You need to get the phone re-flashed with generic firmware. The generic firmware won't include all the bloatware.

You might try iUnlock.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Someone said if you do a hard reset, the apps will be gone. But so would a lot of other apps. I am tempting to do it. I believe all the missing apps can be downloaded again.

Device(s)
    Nokia Nuron
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    You can't delete all of them through Settings -> App Manager -> Installed apps.

You can get rid of most of the included apps from T-Mo this way, but a few like the games just won't go because they're in the rom itself.

---

Several ways around this problem.

1. If you have a 12.x or lower firmware and crossflash to the 40.x Candian 5230 firmware ala the Debranding Nuron thread here at HF, no silly apps remain. You easily get 50-60+MB free thereafter.
    Potentially requires a lot of work to download everything and you risk bricking your phone if not done right, but my 40.x crossflashed works fine and was worth the trouble.

2. Download the same version firmware you have installed using Navifirm, then edit using Nokia Firmware Editor (NFE 0.3 or higher). Delete the apps from the ROM that you don't need, then flash to your phone. You'll be running the same firmware as you have now w/o those apps. Potentially requires a LOT more work than #1 above since you'll have to figure out which files are related to which apps you want deleted by hand.