Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG 800G Downloading Opera Mini From Web

Feedback Score
    When I try to download licensed Opera Mini 4.3 from m.opera.com I get the following message:
    Sorry, but there's no Opera Mini for T-Mobile available for your device. More devices are added continuously, so please check back later
    Anyway around it so that I can install the signed version?
    Last edited by RAZOR0018; 06-07-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    licensed version ???

Do you mean signed version?

Feedback Score
    I meant signed version. Sorry. If I downloaded/installed it to a LG 500G, move it to an external memory card and put that memory card in the LG 800G would that work? Or would there be a compatibility issue since I downloaded it with LG 500G first? Is there a reason why it is blocked on a T-Mobile SIM?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Not a clue on the T-mobile issue. I don't see where it would matter what you use to download the files, as long as you get the correct files.

I downloaded on my PC and copied to the phone (LG500G) via blutetooth.
    I'd never nownload an app using the phone unless I had to and the app was important.
    It's just not worth the added cost to download with the phone.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Downloading to the LG500G might get you an incompatible version - not sure, haven't tried. Installing Opera mini from other than using your phone and going to m.opera.com will probably get you an unsigned version. I don't understand the T-Mobile thing since T-Mobile is not a device, it's the service provider.

Question: Have any other folks w/ LG800Gs on T-Mobile service successfully installed Opera mini onto their phones?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    There's another thered on HF that discusses how to download the signed version of Opera on the PC.
    Both phones use the same version as they are both JAVA, I just wouldn't use TF minutes to download such a large app.

There are only 2 version of Oper Mini 4.3 for download, the JAVA version (.JAR and .JAD files) and the Blackberry (a ZIP file).
    http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/

Opera Mini 6 has several "native" version, like Windows, iPhone, and Android inaddition to the generic JAVA version.

I do see where Tmonbile has had some issues with their network when it comes to data connections, but noting recent.
    Maybe a port issue, ie the built in browser won't connect to the port opera wants due to a T-mobile configuration setting.

Feedback Score
    Problem is I don't have a way to connect my phone to my PC at this moment. If I downloaded them to my PC could I send them via email to my phone? Also are those particular installation files the signed version or do I have to do soething to them?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I don't think email would do much good, but I haven't done anything with email on the phones.

As for the issue with getting from PC to phone, you mentioned using a LG500G and a SD card.
    You'll need the SD card for USB or BT as well. A USB cable (standard USB A to USB micro B cable) can be piced up for $10 or less.
    The same for a USB card reader. Take you pick. I prefer the cable so I don't have to remover the card form the phone.

You'll want that anyway for getting pictures off the phone, adding audio files for the MP3 player and ring tones.

Find the thread on this site about downloading the signed verions of Opera mini.
    The ones at the link above won't. It takes a little trickey to get the signed version with a PC.
    (UserAgent spoofing if I remember correctly. Maybe other ways)

Feedback Score
    I tried to be crafty by using a mobile web proxy through the default browser to reach the download section of m.opera.com. I was able to access the website and download section but the wbesite was unable to determine my phones model through the proxy so it just kept looping me through the download selection screen.

I wonder if I was in an area that only offered an ATT signal whether or not I would be able to download it?

Anyway to know if/when your default signal changes over to the other?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    The default is set by the SIM card.

As to which network it's on at any given time, I don't know how to tell.
    I do know my phone with AT&T SIM goes into "roam" some times (weak signal here) and then I cannot access the data network
    (no MMS messages or web browser).

Like I suggested earlier best is to fake the User Agent on your PC and download it there. Then use a USB cable or SD card reader to get the files on the phone. It's cheaper to but the reader/cable than continue using the TF airtime.

Feedback Score
    I owe you all an apology. By me being zoomed in so much by default and thinking I was scrolled down as far as I could go I couldn't see the rest of page. The download links were waaaaaay far down from the T-mobile message. Needless to say I found the signed version now and I feel extremely embarrassed for jumping the gun. This is my 1st touch screen phone so I am still getting used to the scrolling. Thank you all for your rapid responses. Sorry for wasting your time XD

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    No problem. Glad to hear you got it.

Good info for others either way.

Feedback Score
    What threw me of is that on other phones the download link options appear on the screen right away. On the LG 800G T-Mobile SIM You see that T-Mobile paragraph then just a large patch of white blank screen that you have to scroll past to get to the download options.

Feedback Score
    how do you download 6. Opera Mini on the LG800G?

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 279785 View Post
    how do you download 6. Opera Mini on the LG800G?
    Go to http://m.opera.com with the phone browser and download the recommended version if there is one. If Opera says it doesn't recognize your phone scroll to the bottom the page, and choose "Other download options" then "Select code signing certificates"s under "Options for Opera Mini 6.1:" and pick "All certificates". On the next page click "Download Opera Mini 6.1"
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2