Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are the AT&T APN/Data settings for Android?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Mega LTE & Sennheiser Presence
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What are the AT&T APN/Data settings for Android?

I'll be in Florida for 10 days and I have an unlocked HTC Desire. I've searched the multiple threads and there are a lot of dated info. I already have the proper AT&T SIM for the prepaid plans: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...hone-plans.jsp

I'll be on the Smartphone $2/day Unlimited Talk &Text with the $25 for 500MB plan.

I'd appreciate if someone sent me a link to the settings. My Desire is on 2.3.

Thanks

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The settings are device-independent. All phones use the same settings to connect to a given wireless network. Use the setting in this link and insert them in the appropriate place for your phone: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...wser-MMS-Email
    You may not need to use every entry. Password and user names are no longer required.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks. I'm assuming this is what I need?

APN: wap.cingular
    User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM

I already have the default gmail settings native to my Android based phone.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I said that the user name was not used anymore. You also have to add the MMS settings if you want to send and receive those types of messages.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So just the APN: wap.cingular

I don't use MMS as I attach pics to an email.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using HowardForums

Phones
    HTC DEsire Z, Iphone 4s
    HTC Desire Z
    Sprint Iphone 4s
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Name: ATT
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: Not Set
    Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: 2.0
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: not set
    APN Type: Not Set

This works on my Desire Z assume it's the same for you.
    It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Marka2k. We essentially have the same phone so your settings should work on my Desire.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One more question. I'm assuming I can wifi tether with this prepaid plan?

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyb View Post
    One more question. I'm assuming I can wifi tether with this prepaid plan?
    I'm in Orlando and it's good that I can tether on the prepaid smartphone plan. And once the AT&T SIM is inserted, the APN settings load automatically.

Phones
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone5s (unlocked)
    iPhone 4 (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    To add to this thread. last year, I tried to roam with an unlocked Sony Ericsson to the USA. Couldn't get data to work at all.

Now, I have an unlocked (purchased unlocked from Apple (it calles it "contract free")).

What are the odds that getting an AT&T prepaid sim card and setting the prepaid APN will work ?

(My iphone is jailbroken, so I can delete the AT&T carrier settings which causes the APN editing menus to become available).

Or am I better off going to T-Mobile ? This would be just for 5 days in July.

(I realise that ordering an AT&T sim would get me a standard size SIM which I would have to cut down to micro sim to fit the iphone4, but I have done that before).

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The rep at the store said their prepaid plans don't support the iPhone. I don't know if that's true or not.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmezei View Post
    To add to this thread. last year, I tried to roam with an unlocked Sony Ericsson to the USA. Couldn't get data to work at all.

Now, I have an unlocked (purchased unlocked from Apple (it calles it "contract free")).

What are the odds that getting an AT&T prepaid sim card and setting the prepaid APN will work ?

(My iphone is jailbroken, so I can delete the AT&T carrier settings which causes the APN editing menus to become available).

Or am I better off going to T-Mobile ? This would be just for 5 days in July.

(I realise that ordering an AT&T sim would get me a standard size SIM which I would have to cut down to micro sim to fit the iphone4, but I have done that before).
    The don't officially support iPhones with goPhone, but it will work. My iP4 an unlocked unit and it worked fine. I updated the APN to use the wap.cingular settings and it was all good. You don't need to be jailbroken. Just use http://www.unlockit and select AT&T or Cingular for the APN. I'd suggest doing this before you leave Canada and select the option to email the APN to yourself. Then when you get the States, just open the email and install the APN. You could also use Apple's iPhone Configuration Utility (free download) to manually tweak the APN yourself if you are bringing a laptop with you. (I just realized you only mentioned the JB allows you to edit the APN on the phone, so yes, that would work too).

TMobile has cheaper data options but the speeds will be slower as you will only use EDGE. When I last went to the states I got an ATT SIM, chopped it down and all was well. If you go to an AT&T store to get the SIM and activate it, they will ask for your phone and IMEI. Tell them you left it at the hotel and they can activate with a dummy IMEI.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Phones
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone5s (unlocked)
    iPhone 4 (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was thinking about buying the AT&T sim cards by mail. Get them, convert them to micro sim, and then when I get to the USA, call AT&T to activate service.

But doing so would let AT&T know I am activating on an iPhone... And that is a No No, right ?

Can I activate the service via a landline the day before I leave for USA, giving them the sim card number as well as IMEI of an old phone ? or will they insist activation be done via the mobile handset with the sim card inserted in it ?

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmezei View Post
    I was thinking about buying the AT&T sim cards by mail. Get them, convert them to micro sim, and then when I get to the USA, call AT&T to activate service.

But doing so would let AT&T know I am activating on an iPhone... And that is a No No, right ?

Can I activate the service via a landline the day before I leave for USA, giving them the sim card number as well as IMEI of an old phone ? or will they insist activation be done via the mobile handset with the sim card inserted in it ?
    They don't need the SIM in the phone to activate. They can use a dummy IMEI if you tell them you don't have the phone available.

Phones
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone5s (unlocked)
    iPhone 4 (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Another question...

AT&T told me that won't ship to Canada. So I am using Mr Google's services to find various AT&T sim cards.

If this is to be for prepaid service, is that any type/colour of the SIM card I should be looking for ? Or are they all the same ? (this would be for an iphone4, and I can cut it up into microsim myself).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast