Thread: Boost CDMA signal issues

Carrier
    BoostMobile
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Boost CDMA signal issues

Hi everyone,

I've been on the phone with Boost at least 3 times now, updating PRLs and other things that have done no good in helping my issue. I just bought a Sanyo Incognito and while I like the phone, it would be cooler if I could use it, you know?

So long story short - coverage map says I'm good, phone says "I feel like having two bars or less today for no reason".

At home, it fluctuates between three/four and lower, sometimes higher. I never have too many problems except data is kind of slow but I figured I can't expect too much out of it. The thing is, it does not work AT ALL when I use it at work, which is kind of why I have the phone to begin with. Works BARELY outside and inside is...nothing.

I don't know if it's the building / grounds but I doubt it. No one else seems to have cell phone reception issues, except for me. Granted, I don't know their network or carrier. Could be that Boost is just crap but I'll leave that topic alone.

Again the coverage map indicates "best" and "good" in that area. Boost confirmed this when I called them. They had me update my PRL multiple times and input some ##numbernumber thing (sorry, I'm cellphone retarded sometimes) to change settings there to no avail. I mean, the signal did change by a bar or so, which is better than 0. But it wouldn't stay that way for long.

So I guess what I'm coming here for is to ask - is there anything else I can do before I place a call to Boost technical support instead of customer care, like they told me to, to save me time and frustration? Thanks in advance.

Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's your zip? There might be an outage
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Carrier
    BoostMobile
    Feedback Score
    Zip where I'm working is 49022. If there's an outage it shouldn't have lasted this long, right? I mean, I got the phone about two or three weeks ago.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    According to the coverage map, you're in the "Good" area.

It could be your area just isn't running at full power right now.

If you get good signal in other cities, or maybe 20 miles away, then it probably isn't the phone.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Buildings and homes can certainly have that effect on cell phone signals. The info about no one else having signal issues is basically useless unless you know their carrier....if you want that info to be helpful to you, find out if others use Boost and whether or not they have problems.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My tour that past week has been very bad its getting to be out of hand. It will go from 3/4 Bars down to none with 1X back to 3 then searching CDMA then stable with 3/4 bars for a while then try to make a call and starts all over. this is being in the same spot... ANYONE