Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Gingerbread update for the DROID X thread

Feedback Score
    Yes, I miss the favorites feature, can't figure out how to get it back.

Also, SMS text messages getting alot of "not sent" errors, sometimes the flagged error messages get through, sometimes not.
    Any help appreciated on both these issues.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I also want the "frequently called" feature back! I don't understand why they got rid of it!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if everyone is experiencing this but the miss call notification LED doesn't blink anymore. All my other notification works but just the miss call won't blink. Any work around this?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've read on another forum that typing is now laggy and I am experiencing it as well, also launching programs and going back to the home screen lags a little too.
    If ignorance is bliss and patience is a virtue, you'll have a good life if your dumb enough to wait.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Updated to it on mine....now the keyboard keeps force closing.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone else noticed that Birthdays/Anniversary dates previously enter on individual contact entries have gotten screwed up since upgrading to GB?

One of my contacts had a "Birthday" indicated as 4/12/2008. After the upgrade, it is appearing as 1207958400000 but if i open the contact in edit mode, this data isn't available for update. In fact, when creating a new contact this field is no longer part of the contact record.

Because I had a birthday widget I am able to access the birthdays that appear there; the dates appear correctly there, BUT when I go in to edit from the widget and just make a random change in order to save the record, the date format IN THE CONTACT record changed to 2008-04-12 and I can't seem to figure out how to get this to appear on the contact record in the correct MM/DD/CCYY format.

Any ideas!
    Last edited by NYCgirl; 06-06-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    The other feature I miss from froyo is the battery meter. In froyo one could easily see how much charge is left easily. In GB one has to figure it out by enlarging the graph. Is there anyway to add some information about the amount of battery left in the graph?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else experiences losing 3G signal from time to time and have to do a reboot to pick up the signal? Ever since the Gingerbread update, I lose 3G signal like every other two days and I have to do a reboot to pick up the signal again.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mugendc4 View Post
    Anyone else experiences losing 3G signal from time to time and have to do a reboot to pick up the signal? Ever since the Gingerbread update, I lose 3G signal like every other two days and I have to do a reboot to pick up the signal again.
    Yes. I have 3 X's on a plan. Two are acting similar to your post. One of them is also having GPS problems with locking in. I also miss the favorites menu. There are nice changes, too

Device(s)
    Many
    Carrier(s)
    USA: Sprint, VZW, AT&T, OmniPoint
    Feedback Score
    I have not yet experienced that, but I have noticed that, while I'm right down the street from a 3G tower, sometimes my 3G and signal strength meter indicator color changes from BLUE to WHITE, then back again - in between downloads. Never consistently, and it seems to have nothing to do with 1X as that mode I rarely see.

Anyone seen that? What does it mean?

So far I really like the GB release. At first it was quite buggy until a few reboots and then it started behaving pretty well.

"...build it and they will come..." - James Earl Jones, Field of Dreams

Device(s)
    Many
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if everyone is experiencing this but the miss call notification LED doesn't blink anymore. All my other notification works but just the miss call won't blink. Any work around this?
    Yes, this is happening to me on every missed call, and it SUCKS!!!

I also have tried to override with the FREE "Blink" market app to force it to blink after missed call - to no avail.

Device(s)
    Many
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bharath23 View Post
    One thing i liked in froyo was when you went to contacts->favorites it would list the most frequently contacted contacts even if they are not marked as favorites. In gb this option is missing, i was wondering if there was any option of replicating that behavior in gb.
    I see this too and the only work-around I have found so far is to go into each of the contact that I want to make "Favorite" and then check the STAR in the upper right hand corner. That makes them show up in the favorites list.

Seems like the frequency in which you make/receive calls from contacts no longer contributes to the favorite list.

They do have/display the "Most Likely" list, which so far has been inconsistent. It's more like "Last few" rather than the most likely.

Device(s)
    Many
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NESiteSeer View Post
    I have not yet experienced that, but I have noticed that, while I'm right down the street from a 3G tower, sometimes my 3G and signal strength meter indicator color changes from BLUE to WHITE, then back again - in between downloads. Never consistently, and it seems to have nothing to do with 1X as that mode I rarely see.

Anyone seen that? What does it mean?
    Found an answer to my question from Droidforums.Net

White means you don't have a fully dedicated connection because you're phone is still syncing with Google and color means you have a fully synced dedicated connection.

Feedback Score
    I am also noticing that when I have a missed call the led doesnt blink anymore.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Now that the official update is out, I guess it's time to see if anyone has an easy way to root it. Would like something simple like the Z4 Root app.
    Was previously rooted with z4. After ota update to gingerbread I lost root. Superuser is still there but haven't been able to reroot via z4 yet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast