Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Gingerbread update for the DROID X thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mugendc4 View Post
    Not sure if everyone is experiencing this but the miss call notification LED doesn't blink anymore. All my other notification works but just the miss call won't blink. Any work around this?
    For me its not just missed calls, it includes text messages as well.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone being noticing issues with google maps after the update. I am noticing a similar issue as reported with the compass pointing incorrectly in the maps. When I calibrate the compass it is pointing in the right direction always.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ah man, I really don't think I want to update if I'm losing the "recent" list under favorites... I find that to be one of the most useful features of froyo.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Droid X which I purchased July 2010 and has been running near perfectly since... until last week... the Gingerbread 'update' has corrupted my phone big time!

There are so many features which are no longer there and the phone freezes up on occasion and needs to be rebooted more times than the entire eleven months on the old froyo.

Verizon wants to send me a refurbished phone and I highly doubt if this will fix the problems.

Been a VZ customer for many years and if Motorola and VZ thinks this Gingerbread update is a plus, they are kidding themselves and alienating previously satisfied customers.

Does anyone think the Gingerbread works well on their phone?
    “The strength of an individual is not measured by how much one can control others, but by how much one can control oneself.” Hidy Ochiai

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Works fine on my phone, I've never had any issues. I was running leaked GB for last few months and had 0 issues. Have you tried a hard reset? Also wipe cache/data etc and then run from there, you should see all issues gone.

I loaded the official over the leaked and had some issues, but after wiping cache and reloading OS it runs like butter

Quote Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
    My Droid X which I purchased July 2010 and has been running near perfectly since... until last week... the Gingerbread 'update' has corrupted my phone big time!

There are so many features which are no longer there and the phone freezes up on occasion and needs to be rebooted more times than the entire eleven months on the old froyo.

Verizon wants to send me a refurbished phone and I highly doubt if this will fix the problems.

Been a VZ customer for many years and if Motorola and VZ thinks this Gingerbread update is a plus, they are kidding themselves and alienating previously satisfied customers.

Does anyone think the Gingerbread works well on their phone?

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mie View Post
    Works fine on my phone, I've never had any issues. I was running leaked GB for last few months and had 0 issues. Have you tried a hard reset? Also wipe cache/data etc and then run from there, you should see all issues gone.

I loaded the official over the leaked and had some issues, but after wiping cache and reloading OS it runs like butter
    I appreciate your comments!

For the record, I have a lot of business information, e-mail addresses, and business correspondence on the phone. It is my own corporate phone and not used for Facebook, Twitter or playing games or apps.

After dealing with VZ Tech Supervisors for one week, I relented to having them send me a refurbished phone. I will take the new and old phone to one of the reputable VZ stores and have them do ALL the updates and transfers, making sure we have everything running 100%. I am not a phone geek and will have VZ do all the work.

Bottom line: After having the SAME cell number for eighteen years and with VZ for eleven, I am no longer either enamored or a satisfied customer of theirs!

From now on, not cutting them any leeway... it's all BUSINESS with them from now on. Business and nothing friendly! Will NEVER recommend VZ to anyone else and will be looking for alternatives when my contract is up in one year.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    so i factory reset my phone and lost all my games that i moved to my SD card. I went into Applications and moved the games i wanted from the phone to the SD and even checked off the ones already there thinking it would not get erased. After the reset all of it was gone, I'm guessing I can't recover it right?
    If ignorance is bliss and patience is a virtue, you'll have a good life if your dumb enough to wait.

Device(s)
    8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well I'm sorry to hear people are having problems but I'm glad I'm not alone. My issues:

1) I hate the UI. Not VZW's fault.
    2) The UI lag was awful, awful, awful.

I installed a 3rd-party launcher to help with the above. So far it's quicker and looks more familiar to me.

My biggest problem, though, is the Swype keyboard. It absolutely sucks on my phone. I went from flying through emails to not going four words without having to correct one. It's just awful. I know I'm not the most accurate swyper in the world, but it worked perfectly before and now it comes up with all sorts of inaccuracies. It's like the touch sensitivity is completely off. I've noticed it in other places, too. And there's no option to recallibrate your screen like there was with stylus-based screens. I'm really not sure what to do except go to a store and ask for a Froyo phone.

Has anyone had this screen/keyboard issue?

On a positive note, I don't have nearly as many reboots as I had with Froyo (was up to about three a week last month).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Received the refurbished Droid X the other day and spent forty five minutes with the local store's top tech and he helped me reload and transfer many of the files, contacts and apps from the phone that was not working well following the Gingerbread auto download.

The VZ store manager gave me a free new battery and screen protectors as he knew that I had 'gone through a lot' following the disasterous Motorola Gingerbread download.

So far, so good... the 'new' phone is working well, smoother and with greater ease.

Take each day at a time and let's see how things progress!

Device(s)
    8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just realized I'm also not getting text and missed call LED notifications. And even the vibrate function is only working some times for SMS. Also, when I get a phone call, it vibrates for a few seconds before ringing just once and going to voicemail. Annoying if I don't have the phone on me as I've missed several calls because of this. What the hell is wrong with Gingerbread?! Shame on Google.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My phone has been restarting now and then since the 2.3.3 update. Doesn't happen that often, but it's annoying. Last time it happened, the only thing I was trying to do was listen to music via Pandora.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just updated and now the status bar / notification bar changed from its previous white color to a very dark (almost black) color. Does anyone know if there is a way to change it back to white? Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That was initially bugging me, but I don't notice the difference in bar color any more. Thankfully I dumped the rest of the Moto UI for ADW launcher, though. Moto screwed the pooch on this one.

Feedback Score
    My camera and my camcorder both freeze up all the time now. It will show on the screen for about 1 second, then completely freeze, and not do anything. Most movies that I took with my phone don't want to play, and if they do it's for a couple seconds, then says it can't playback. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this problem. My phone itself is in great condition, only dropped it once, and at that it wasn't a big deal. No scratches on the thing.

Device(s)
    Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been having data connection issues even when I have full signal strength, I have also been having terrible signal strength since updating the phone. The keyboards have been acting up and the occasional reboot here and there. The only thing that seems to fix the signal issues is resetting the phone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast