Thread: How to fix "com.android.phone" crashes?

Phone
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

How to fix "com.android.phone" crashes?

So this is the 2nd time this happened to me... the first time, the only way to fix it, was a wipe. I don't want to do that again.

What causes the com.android.phone to crash, and how can I prevent it?
    I turned off the phone and THAT stopped the crashes, but, now I can't turn it back on!!!

Help. (First time it happened, was Monday around 2pm. I reformatted, reinstalled. Tonight around 10:15pm EST it started again.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How did it start? What apps you have installed after the wipe? I'm running the videotron gingerbread ROM and haven't had the problem at all.

Sent from my HTC Panache using HowardForums

Phone
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Since you're also helping over on XDA, I'll just copy/paste what I put there. (Except that I recognize you *L*.)

The first time, it started nearly right after I installed/calibrated a Digital Compass.

The second time, it started out of the blue. Just bam! Tried to phone someone and voila, an endless loop of "com.android.phone unexpectedly ended." I DID install "Fake Call" app from HTC's "HUB" but that was 3 hours before it started going wonky.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanVS View Post
    Since you're also helping over on XDA, I'll just copy/paste what I put there. (Except that I recognize you *L*.)

The first time, it started nearly right after I installed/calibrated a Digital Compass.

The second time, it started out of the blue. Just bam! Tried to phone someone and voila, an endless loop of "com.android.phone unexpectedly ended." I DID install "Fake Call" app from HTC's "HUB" but that was 3 hours before it started going wonky.
    It's a pain I know but do factory reset and don't install any of those apps right away, slowly add apps and monitor what happens. Doing this you're sure find the culprit. As I said I've no problems with my Videotron ROM factory 2.3.3. If that changes I'll post it here. Sorry to hear you had some pains I love this thing. Don't give up on it , this is an android problem not device specific.

Phone
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    From Mobilicity's techsupport team, this is happening because an 'important system file has been deleted.' The last thing I remember doing was attempting Gfree but that was 8 or 9 hours BEFORE it started crashing... and I hadn't rebooted in that amount of time.

So I don't know what could have caused it. I'll be exchanging it today shortly.