Thread: Picture transfer options, Samsung M340 Mantra

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Picture transfer options, Samsung M340 Mantra

I needed a cheap Bluetooth camera phone and since VM is lately forever out of anything worthwhile I paid double on eBay for a Samsung M340 Mantra. I think what folks are doing is buying VM out and then jacking the prices for eBay..

Anyway enough complaining about that. The trouble is they also advertised a data cord for the phone and so like a sucker I sprang for the extra $4 for a total of $44 for a $20 phone. The thing is though as far as I can tell the only use for it is charging?!? I have Samsung PC Studio installed but it will not connect with this phone by Bluetooth or cable. So the only way I can transfer pics is to email them to myself? I have the $30 paylo, so I really need to find a way to get pics to myself for the PC without emailing if at all possible, anyone know anything that might help? Thanks much in advance!
    Last edited by martin_j001; 06-03-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You can try BIT PIM, it may work but don't expect much from a VGA camera.

www.bitpim.org

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    BitPim has no listing for that phone and does not connect. Though I am still a BitPim novice so any other suggestions are still welcome.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thread title edited. I would hardly call having a charging cable not working for data transfer "getting screwed". And now people actually know what the thread is about too.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well the edit is appreciated and it makes sense, so thank you; but people buying all the $20 phones and selling them for double price on eBay feels pretty screwy to me, especially when the data cable advertises to work to transfer pictures from this specific phone. I have been lied to and that much is a fact.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If the ad claims the cable can transfer data, then indeed you were screwed, and that sucks. Did you contact the seller and ask what they were using to make this claim, see if they were actually able to transfer pictures and all? Might be worth a shot. Have you tried transferring anything else to and from the phone--ringtones or anything (even if you have to buy one from VM or something)? I have heard of other phones in the past (not on VM per se, but other carriers/manufacturers) that won't allow picture transfer but they seem to handle ringtones and such just fine.