Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Epic 4G Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Plans With HTC Touch Pro 2

Feedback Score
    And yes, "secret" seems to be the universal HA password. I guess they just stopped worrying about that one.

Feedback Score
    Thanks you are right, I have found speeds vary dramatically based on location

Feedback Score
    Ok, I need help. I got an Epic 4G phone and am trying to follow the pdf instructions from the link in the first post.

These instructions are for switching the Epic to Boost. I need to know what changes in the instructions for keeping this on Sprint. My donor phone is a TP2 on Sprint.

Thanks!!!!

Feedback Score
    Ok, so I have followed all the steps in the pdf and now I restart the Epic 4G and I can not dial out & I can not get Data to work. I tried the hand free activation and that did not work, I also factory reset the phone and that didn't work either.

Please help.

Feedback Score
    After a solid day of messing with settings, I now have voice & texting working on the Epic ... but I can not get Data to work.

I have tried the ##DATA# and copy all my pervious settings
    I have tried going into QPST service programing and coppying all the M.IP settings
    I have tried going into QXDM and reading the HEX codes for the donor phone and reuse those
    I have tried calling Sprint to re-provision the phone

I am going crazy, need help!!!

Feedback Score
    Bump for need answers or specific links to videos PDFs that are most helpful/accurate/complete.

These forum are great when you can get the complete picture quickly rather than hrs and days of mucking around pages and terms that are not clear to the inexperienced.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This topic should be moved to the proper subforum
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    After a solid day of messing with settings, I now have voice & texting working on the Epic ... but I can not get Data to work. ...
    Would you mind sharing what you did? Did you have to have your phone refreshed to get voice & text working?

I had mine refreshed & voice/texts worked for a bit, then it deactivated on its own. Data did not work, and under Status, I could see the mobile network trying to connect, but wouldn't. I was not getting the "User name / password" error, so I think mine are correct. Copying data via ##3282# isn't straight forward, since all the data fields between the phones do not match up 100%. I'm thinking there are particular settings that must be set on the Epic that aren't shown via the TP2Z ##3282#.

If someone with an Epic with voice/text and data working could share what their settings are (except for their AAA key & MEID, of course), that would help a ton.

The next thing would be for someone with an Epic with voice/text and data working to share their settings across all the Tabs in QPST, that would help tons too.

At least we could rule out what is and what should never be...
    Last edited by nlogn; 12-19-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Feedback Score
    Good news .... I have voicemail, txt, voice, and data all working

Bad news ... I tried so many settins that I am not sure what actually did the trick.

In QPST, beyond the pdf, I made sure the ppp tab was exactly the sae as the old phone. You needto pus a bunch of buttons on the tab to check the charts and do something like ctrl d to block out the rm id with red x's.

Also on the m.ip tab I made sure all settings matched. A long shot was editting profiles to manualy input passwords. I hooked the donor phone to qxdm and did some com mands to get the ha nd aaa hex passwords for profile 0. Prfile 1 passwords are text strings from ##DATA#.

I then hooked the new phone up programmed these settings and re wrote the nv items 465, 466, 1192, 1194.

After that data worked but voice didn't. I got error 16, called sprint and reprovisioned the phone. Its now been working for a day.

Ps ... this is postedfrom the new epic. Ill clean tis post up and add more details later.

Feedback Score
    can i get the PPP config, i want the 3G to be always connected. Right now if idled too long it disconnects itself ( the 3G icon disappears) and it takes about a minute or two for it to repop up. Then a few more minutres for it to actually connect itself.

would very much appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    More details as promissed ....

POST #1 in this link is a good reference ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=all+zeros

Step 6 & 14 from the above link - This will get you the profile 0 (sprint) ha and aaa passwords from your donor phone. You don't need the profile 1 (user) information from QXDM. The profile 1 user ha and aaa passwords are text strings that you will get from ##DATA# on your donor phone. In my case my profile 0 (sprint) ha key was 736563726574 and my aaa key was 00000000000000000000000000000000. If you get all zero's then this is wrong!! I learned that if you are using a TP2 then it doesn't show the aaa password correctly. If you get all 0's then instead, you need to send these commands in QXDM .... spc YOUR6DIGITSPC <ENTER> requestnvitemread hdr_an_auth_passwd_long <ENTER> this should give real data. The password string [0] to [15] will give you the all the digits for the sprint profile hex key of 32 digits. When you have the info, put profile 0 and 1 keys by hitting the appropriate edit button in the M.IP tab of service programming. Make sure to check the buttom to make profile 0 a hex combo and profile 1 a text string.

STEP, 15, 18, 20 - Ignored.

Regarding the PPP tab. I attachd 3 images of the PPP tab, one for the RM, UM, AN buttons. (((NOTE THAT I HID MY USERNAME IN THE AN button screen, this will be your [email protected])))

Last note, for voicemail install the latest "voicemail notifier", DO NOT INSTALL apk from post #2 in link above. It does not work with sprint. I installed this one ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1261630
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by dubroz; 12-21-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Cheers...good info.

Can ignore "NV_UE_IMEI_I ...................... NV_READONLY_S".

Feedback Score
    I don't know what that is.

Feedback Score
    i am wondering how did you get to gray the box for 1xEVDO->1x on the PPP Configuration UM setting.

I am only getting 1x and not 3G/EVDO it is slow

Feedback Score
    I connected my TP2 into QPST service programming and then hit save to file.

To make these images I opened service programming, selected work offline, selected Surf 7600 WinMob, and selected Load from File. Perhaps when you load from file it greys out the unchecked boxes.

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast