Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Epic 4G Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Plans With HTC Touch Pro 2

Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO 500! (Current)
    Feedback Score

Question WHAT TO DO Reply

Hey there all, just thought I'd letcha'all know that I'm having the same problem - only with a Diamond (should be the same idea though, right?) and I managed to change the MEID with DFS Software and then follow that post on page 2 of this thread with the pictures so that the data profiles matched (I also made sure that the MDN and MIN were correct - although the I changed the MSID to all zeroes for convenience's sake) and everything looks perfect, except if I try to call out, a guy just comes on and says "your authentication code could not be verified..." . If I try to do an "update profile", I get an "unknown error". I've been messing around with this for numerous hours after many days and I still have no idea why it won't work. I distinctly remember one time I got voice to work, and I could get SMS to work too, but only if I forced 1xRTT.

The only thing I can think of that I haven't done (but feel free to correct anything else it sounds like I might be doing wrong because I really have only a foggy idea of what I'm doing - CDMA programming is not my "specialty") is this thing I hear people talk about a lot in threads like this, and that is this stuff about "NVItems". If you set up the MDN, MIN, and data/ha/aaa/key settings manually in QXDM or DFS, do you still have to do any "NVItems"? The person who worked on this before me did do some of those, but he never got it working either (I think I'm a little closer to getting it to work myself ☺).

I guess my question for you guys is this - can you see anything that I could be doing wrong? Do I need to do any kind of writing "NVItems"?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny

Feedback Score
    I was able to get it to work the first time by calling and having them refresh my account. I started getting the same message you are again, so I called again but it didn't work the second time.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Post MY ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE FIXED... YET Reply

Quote Originally Posted by superfob View Post
    I was able to get it to work the first time by calling and having them refresh my account. I started getting the same message you are again, so I called again but it didn't work the second time.
    Really? You had it fully working and it just stopped on its own? I've been monkeying with this for a number of hours I'm scared to count and I can't see many more areas in the process that I could've done wrong. That one long post on the second page with the pictures looked really helpful and seemed quite promising, but I'm getting that stupid error still. I guess I'll try that thing you suggested about having Sprint "refresh" the account.

- 2B

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up SPRINT FOR THE WIN Reply

UPDATE! I might just have got this fixed...

So, I was still having the same problem as before and really at the end of my line, but I called Sprint like was suggested here in the thread, and they weren't really able to help me. After that, I read somewhere on XDA DEVELOPERS that someone found that there is a "hard to get" Sprint rep that can do the "refresh" thing for you - guess how you get that rep? You just stay on the line after the error message! She'll verify your account information, have you reboot the phone, and it'll be all fixed. Wish I would've known it was that easy before...

I've managed to now have voice, SMS, and some spotty 1xRTT data. The problem is that the signal here at the house really sucks (shouldn't even work at all according to their map), and I can't tell yet if the reason the EvDo isn't working is because something went wrong or the signal is just too weak. I'll let you guys know tomorrow. In the meantime, connecting to just the 1xRTT is a pain that takes forever - 45 seconds was my record time from enabling the connection to seeing the "1x" icon up top.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I've at least made some (major) headway in this problem and things can hopefully start settling back down to normal here soon. Stay tuned and tomorrow I'll let you all know what happens when I try data in an area with acceptable signal.

- 2 Bunny

Feedback Score
    Remember...your old phone must be off and STAY off FOREVER! Mucking around even in airplane mode risks triggering the error code. Also, keep note of leading ZEROS and all data fields (especially a greyed out one on the first couple of tab pages, forget which one, you can modify it by changing an ungreyed out field next to it). Match up exactly...GL!

For data, set the first login/password combo and delete the second. Then provision data...BAM! Note that the password on first can change on you. If you ask for a reset or provision data, it can most certainly change.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could the mods please move this topic to the appropriate forum? It doesn't belong here.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Arrow EPIC Reply

Just an update here everyone, I'd just like to let you all know that after my tests yesterday, I can confirm that this is fully working! Sprint EvDo does connect and load pages, although our area has been slowed significantly since I used it last (it was slow before).

What I'd really like to know is if there is any way to force roaming. I've read and tried every download of that stupid "roam control" program, but it just doesn't work. Not with the official PRL, "Prl 00000000000001", or the PRL with a bunch of "1"s and then a 5. I'm on the latest version of Legendary ROM and its accompanying Samurai kernel and have tried two different radios (currently on the EL30).

If "roam control" is indeed a lost cause, is there any OTHER way to force roaming on the Epic?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Could the mods please move this topic to the appropriate forum? It doesn't belong here.
    Where do you desire we put it?

- 2 Bunny

Feedback Score

Can't connect Epic to computer anymore

So, I was following dubroz's suggestions from #11 the guide attachedEpic 4G to Boost Mobile Guide.pdf
    and after step 5 in the PDF guide where I wrote the 4 NVItems to the Epic, it asked me if i wanted to do a reset or reboot or something. I just said yes. It was after the NVItems had all successfully written and everything was going golden. Then, when it rebooted, it won't connect to my computer and won't come up in device manager.

After much searching I saw that many people have problems with cheap cables and get only "Unknown device" in device manager (which is what I get, or sometimes just nothing at all), and lots of sites said that the only way to go was to get the $23 Gigaware Micro USB cable from Radio Shack. I finally broke down and did that since I was at my wit's end. 23 bucks for a USB cable, that's how desperate I am.

So, anyone have any ideas? Anything I can do to revert what was done? I'd like to either continue changing the E$N or go back to the way it was before I started modifying it. But to do anything, I need it to show up in device manager. FYI, I'm in Windows 7 64 bit.

TIA

Device(s)
    LG800
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was fighting with a different update, but had tried it more than half a dozen times to no avail. Tried every port on the pc... Switched to a different PC... ran the first time.

I was using XP and trying to put cwm on a admire with odin... but the idea is same. If you can find another computer, give it a shot.
    Lions Rule!

Feedback Score
    i am stuck at where you were...my voice is working but my data is not...i keep getting a login error (error 131) registration invalid...i can't exactly have sprint tech support help me...i set all the NVitems, all numbers and settings are matched exactly....i am very stuck....please let me know how you managed to get data working again...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nlogn View Post
    Remember...your old phone must be off and STAY off FOREVER! Mucking around even in airplane mode risks triggering the error code. Also, keep note of leading ZEROS and all data fields (especially a greyed out one on the first couple of tab pages, forget which one, you can modify it by changing an ungreyed out field next to it). Match up exactly...GL!

For data, set the first login/password combo and delete the second. Then provision data...BAM! Note that the password on first can change on you. If you ask for a reset or provision data, it can most certainly change.
    how do you provision data?

Feedback Score
    3G works now!!
    Funny, this was the final bit for me also. I finally had the passwords set right and the debug applet was reporting AN-AAA status as pass, but I had no 3G, just talk and text. I could also successfully update profile and PRL. Then I read through this thread again and gave your post a bit of thought. I had not seen anywhere, in several long threads on similar discussions, that the any AAA password should be only the last 16 characters. Where did you discover that bit of info? Maybe that is Sprint-specific info.

Anyway, I decided to try it, and after writing to the phone and rebooting, I immediately had the 3G icon over the signal strength icon in the notification bar. (Turn off wifi or you will not see it.) I ran a quick speedtest and speeds wer above 600 up and down, so I know it was 3G. Thanks a bunch.

Please note, I used the last 16 chars of my AAA password on the PPP-AN password. I'm pretty sure that was the one, but maybe it was the M.IP Profile 1 also, as you mentioned. I'll know better when I fix the next phone. Anyway, I'm sure I put in the full 32 chars the first time round and only entered the shorter password after I had achieved AN-AAA pass status and could update profile and PRL.

Quote Originally Posted by krwshl View Post
    wow finally got it to work, don't think I ever had 3g until now.

Found that I needed to only use the last 16 digits of E813E3801315ES78 (8DD4780B45188878) in my aaa hex key for profile 1. Not straight forward but I got lucky I think
    Last edited by djinks; 06-03-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    How do you get into debug mode to xheck the AAA status?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paul62285 View Post
    How do you get into debug mode to xheck the AAA status?
    on the dial pad:
    for the Nexus S 4G - *#*#debug#*#*
    for a Galaxy SII - ##debug#

You will need to enter your phone's MSL, then tap the EVDO Engineering item.

Feedback Score
    I have now worked on a second device, an Epic 4G Touch and my results are not quite as good as the previous device (Nexus S 4G). I have Voice, Text working and AN-AAA status = pass, but get an error 67 (registration failure), so no 3G. My experience however confirms (for me at least) that the Profile 1 AAA password is indeed just the last 16 characters, while Profile 0 requires the entire 32 characters. When I entered the full 32 char password in Profile 1, I think I still had AN-AAA status pass, but the entries on the ##DATA# -> Advanced screen were mostly not set. I then changed the Profile 1 AAA password to the last 16 characters and the the ##DATA# -> Advanced items were set. I did not use a password on the PPP config Tab, as that caused the same DATA-> Advanced items to revert to unset status.

[edit]The password for the profile 1 entry that I used was wrong and caused all my problems. Please see my next post.[/edit]
    Last edited by djinks; 06-05-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast