Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Epic 4G Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Plans With HTC Touch Pro 2

Feedback Score
    Finally figured out the final bit. I now have 3G on the Galaxy Epic 4G Touch also. Thanks to Dubroz for post 26. There it stated that the Profile 1 AAA password is different from the Profile 0 AAA password and is found in the ##DATA# info on the original Touch Diamond or TP2, not in the QXDM results for nvitem 1192. It is a text field, not a hex value. When I fixed my first phone (Nexus S 4G) I did try that value in Profile 1 but forgot I had done so.

Apologies to anyone who was mislead by my post 57, but I cannot edit it now.

Feedback Score
    Finally got an E4GT working on sprint sero from TP2. I used the great guide from post #26. For profile 0 I used the full 12 HEX HA key and the full 32 hex AAA key. Profile 1 was the info from my T2 (username(at)sprintpcs.com HA: secret AAA: from TP2) as text strings. Then my data was not working. Then i set the Active profile to 0 instead of 1 in Service programming. Then i got that error while trying to make a call, gave rep all my info, she refreshed/provisioned me and then it all worked! Loving the phone especially for 30/month! Thanks everyone!

Feedback Score
    Ok, brushing off the cobwebs on my wife's HTC Touch Diamond. Tonight I am going to undertake getting her an Epic 4G Touch running.

If I'm rusty and have quesions I'll post here. Glad to see my post has helped others.

Feedback Score
    I followed the pdf from original posted link. The things I forgot or needed to re-research DIAL ##DIAG# to put the Touch Diamond in the mode that CDMA workshop will read your COM port ( I Was COM 3). Always use QPST Config to enable and check COM for donor phone before using CDMA workshop or other steps.

Two ways to get the SPC / MSL info from Touch Diamond ...
    1. The easier way ... http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=1
    2. If you use the pdf instruction. The diamond memory to read in CDMA is address 018E:0190 ... open bin file with text editor, screen filled garbage except one 6 digit code ... this is your MSL/SPC code

All steps on the E4GT are the same as the EPic 4G. Including how to get ESn, etc ... The only difference I found was that you need to dial ##8778# on E4GT and use CP mode as equivalent to DIAG mode from TP2/TPD, when done set back to AP.

Also, the voicemail notifier link I gave in post 26, follow the link and the one you want is from modeuce2 posted Oct 24 2011, this is verision 1.3.1 (9) ignore the newer posts, they are older revs.

I have the E4GT up & running.
    Last edited by dubroz; 06-08-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Feedback Score
    Very cool, Dubroz...I'm going to test out a E4GT tonight or in the morning. FTW

Feedback Score
    I am going from a sanyo pro 700 to epic 4g. Voice is working, data is not. Sprint zone- Update profile gives a Client Authentication error. ##3282# gives SPI HA 1234, SPI AAA 1234, Is 1234 my string password for profile 1 HA? Is 1234 my string password for profile 1 AAA?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the guide! I'm using a Sprint HTC TP2 donor phone to swap with a Sprint Samsung SII Epic. I followed everything exactly but I'm not getting voice or text. If it matters, the Sprint Samsung SII Epic had a bad ESN. Can anyone help me?

Feedback Score
    One last step ... if you have data working but no voice then it doesn't mean you did something rong in the guide / following threads. If you try to make a call and you get ERROR 16 followed by a mesage, stay on the line to be connected to a sprint rep. Tell them you are on your phone with no access to another phone (this way they won't have you mess with settings). The sprint rep will reprovision your phone and voice will be working within 2 minutes.

I had to do this with the phones I swapped from tp2 and diamond. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I really appreciate the quick response dubroz! I actually haven't tried to see if data worked since it didn't have the 3G icon and it kept running the Hands Free Activation whenever I turned on the phone. For the voice problem, I don't actually get an ERROR 16 message. I'll dial an active number, but then there's no dial tone. Eventually it'll time out and end the call. Something else I tried to do was Update Profile in settings. That one would search for the network and then come up with Error: Connection Error. Update PRL would get me Error: Unknown Error. I wonder if it's just something wrong with this specific phone...

Feedback Score
    I would restart the whole process and try again making sure you exactly replicate all settings/tabs from previous phone onto the new phone. Maybe you mistyped an entry. It shouldn't matter that the Epic SII had a bad ESN.

And you should get a 3G icon when getting data. If my memory is right, you should be selecting active user profile 1 as your active profile in QPST (since you copied that info from your donor). When you do this right, the Epic shouldn't be trying to do a Hands Free Activation. It soudns like you may have set it incorrectly to profile 0.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'll give it another try tonight. I already tried to redo it a few times, but maybe this time I'll copy more than what the guide instructs. Will it cause problems if I copy the other tabs from the donor phone in QPST in addition to CDMA, CDMA2, AMPS, System, and Roam tabs?

Feedback Score
    I copied CDMA, CDMA-2, AMPS, SYSTEM, ROAM, MIP, and PPP (AN, RM, UM) tabs.

The MIP tab, you have to make sure you edit profile 0 & 1 with your info & HA/AAA secret. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Hey dubroz, I did follow the instructions on the guide to the T and was able to get rid of the hands free activation. But my voice, text, and data are still not working even though I still get some bars for signal. I called Sprint to refresh but it still doesn't work. I haven't read of a case like this in any forums and I'm starting to think I got a dud phone or something.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skardem View Post
    I am going from a sanyo pro 700 to epic 4g. Voice is working, data is not. Sprint zone- Update profile gives a Client Authentication error. ##3282# gives SPI HA 1234, SPI AAA 1234, Is 1234 my string password for profile 1 HA? Is 1234 my string password for profile 1 AAA?
    1234 is definitely not your AA or HA password. I don't know if you can read them on that model. After entering ##DATA# on the dial pad, did you select EDIT and enter your MSL? After doing that and selecting Data Profile, you click on the HA and AA password items to see the passwords. They are not displayed in clear text on all models. HTC Touch Pro and Diamond do display the passwords.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure your MEID, ESN, MDN and MSID are correct? you do that first. You should have Voice and text by just setting you MEID and ESN, MDN and MSID correctly. Make sure all are set correctly. I think I did a factory reset after the MEID/ESN were changed and then changed MDN/MSID. Then try to make 3G work.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriouslop View Post
    Hey dubroz, I did follow the instructions on the guide to the T and was able to get rid of the hands free activation. But my voice, text, and data are still not working even though I still get some bars for signal. I called Sprint to refresh but it still doesn't work. I haven't read of a case like this in any forums and I'm starting to think I got a dud phone or something.

Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast