Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Results 1,456 to 1,469 of 1469

Thread: Getting Epic 4G Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Plans With HTC Touch Pro 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahgook View Post
    I tried first password (01F2030F5F678FF9) on QXDM and it did not work. The second password worked (2012112120131219) but the MEID change does not stick after I write it.

Seems like the upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 changed the security password as well. I think this update also added security to change the MEID. What doesn't make sense though is that why am I able to zero it but not assign a new one?

Can anyone let me know which software version they were using when flashing their phone? I am going to try downgrading to that version and see if it works.
    I made a nandroid backup of my phone, and then loaded a custom GB rom on my E4gt to make the processes a little easier. The settings stick between roms, so you just restore the backup, and all is good.
    While you have the GB rom loaded, I would suggest doing the wimax clone/freedom pop mod to get you the 4g for free too. Requires a doner though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
    I made a nandroid backup of my phone, and then loaded a custom GB rom on my E4gt to make the processes a little easier. The settings stick between roms, so you just restore the backup, and all is good.
    While you have the GB rom loaded, I would suggest doing the wimax clone/freedom pop mod to get you the 4g for free too. Requires a doner though.
    Which version of Gingerbread were you using? I just tried using EL29 and I'm still having issues writing the MEID. It still returns the zeroed MEID when I enter in the requestnvitemread MEID after I invoke the requestnvitemwrite MEID 0x00Axxxxxxxxxx command. I entered in the Samsung password and even the MSL before entering in those programming commands. Still not able to write the MEID. What gives? Please help. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Status update:

So I was able to write the MEID of the donor phone, but I had to use DFS CDMA Tool. It worked without a hitch. I am now having issues getting 3G to work (error code 67). I have been unsuccessful after many attempts.

My donor phone is an HTC Hero. I pulled the profile 0 32 character hex AAA password from QXDM; I could not get the HA password. But looking around the forums it seems like it is the word secret in hex form. I cannot pull the profile 1 AAA password nor HA password through QXDM or within the ##DATA#. I tried in DFS but those sections returned blank. In CDMA Workshop the memory locations for those items are access denied values. I've come to discover though reading through the forums that the profile 1 information is not that important since it can be populated automatically through a profile update if you set your active profile to 0 and it contains all the correct information.

Since I cannot successfully update my profile on the device it seems like I am incorrectly entering in my profile 0 information. I entered everything in as hex and double checked those values. When I click read in DFS or QPST the information for both the HA and AAA for profile 0 and 1 return blank. Does this mean they are not sticking to the device? I have seen videos online of a user showing how to pull up the values for the profile 0 and 1 information and the password sections were populated when read. For me however, they are blank.

What was strange was that I thought I had 3G working because the icon flashed and I saw the arrows bouncing. However I could not load any webpages on the browser or use any apps that required data. The phone status under "About" indicated a connected mobile network status. I also was not getting error code 67. I also checked under ##DEBUG# EVDO and it gave me an AN-AAA pass status where before when I was getting error code 67 it said fail.

I then restored Jellybean back onto the device and now the AN-AAA reads fail, mobile network status is disconnected, and I am getting error code 67. I tried writing the profile information in DFS but it appears they are not sticking to the device since it returns blank values when I click read and obviously because I am still getting error code 67. I have not tried in QPST yet, so I'll give that a go and report back here.

Any other advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Anybody have any advice on writing esn.meid to a motorola droid razr? I have done multiiple phones samsungs and htc without a hitch but this one I get access denied and cannot write or zero out the meid. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score

Who has the Sprint Stock ROM for Treo Pro (treo pro 850)?

I plan to use a sprint treo pro with a custom ROM as a donor and I can’t seem to find the sprint stock rom as most of download links for it are no longer working. Could someone please send it to me if you still keep it on your computer? The file name seems to be like this: SkyWriter_1.12I.E.S1_PO134__Treo_PRO_.exe

Happy New Year!

TIA

Feedback Score

errors

HELP? [Evo4g cloned from TP2 completely I think for about 8 months?]

Within the past 3 months or so, my phone has been having issues with calling (error 16), disconnecting, sms (sms error: cause code 107 [sometimes 102], error class 2) errors, etc. I am in populated area with several towers nearby. Recently, seems to be the only time that I have good reception (voice/txt/data) is mainly 1 location, across the street of a tower. 0.5 mile away outside a cafe where I did get reception in the past, I would get frequent roaming. Texts come in ok, but calls would disconnect and incoming calls would not ring the phone. Data would fail or be very slow.

Sprint technical didn't see any issue. One tech suggest for me to reset the network connection by issuing ##3282#, 539742, reset. He said the code is for my particular phone/type. I have not done it as I don't want to risk them possibly identifying a clone???

Can a Sprinter customer check this on their sprint profile: After logging in to website, under the MY DEVICE tab, is there a "?" mark after the name of your phone device beneath your phone #? Mine would state "HTC Touch Pro?". But, under the "My Account" tab, under "About my Devices" catagory, it would indicate "HTC Touch Pro" without the "?" mark. I don't know whether or not this has always been the case.

Any advice? Thanks.

BTW, I have dropped the phone several times. Could it be a damaged radio? 3 weeks ago, the tech before the previous one did update PRL or something like that. I also went through prl updating myself via Sprint Zone by dialing *2

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I had no idea this thread was still alive. I have since moved on to XDA cuz this thread was hard to search, no way to edit past posts to update info, etc, etc. So if you'd like up to date info, you can see them here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2060085

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Thumbs up cdma reply

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    I had no idea this thread was still alive. I have since moved on to XDA cuz this thread was hard to search, no way to edit past posts to update info, etc, etc. So if you'd like up to date info, you can see them here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2060085

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    That's probably for the better. Doing the entire job in DFS instead of doing half in QXDM and half in DFS streamlines the process. As a pioneer of the old method from almost the first page of this thread, it appears that the procedure we helped put together has helped numerous people save money and I'm proud to see it move on to an official thread on XDA DEVELOPERS.

Thank you.

b

Feedback Score
    has anybody gotten a sprint glaxy s3 on the new 4.3 working? I cant get the phone to be recognized in dfs or qpst.
    I can set it in modem mode and it shows up in device manager but the phone does not send its info through the port

Feedback Score
    Anyone in SoCal can help me do this on an old legacy plan that has a TP2 line. I'm willing to buy your old phone (prefer S3/4, but will consider the Epic) or pay for your help. Please let me know via PM or email my user name ATgmail. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Email sent. Canceling my sero line and have a TP2 and epic looking for a good home

Quote Originally Posted by zzvelik View Post
    Anyone in SoCal can help me do this on an old legacy plan that has a TP2 line. I'm willing to buy your old phone (prefer S3/4, but will consider the Epic) or pay for your help. Please let me know via PM or email my user name ATgmail. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Getting out of range. Read error at address 0363:0000. This address from the direction in the PDF file is for Incognito. Is it the same for TP2?
    Last edited by tuxmask; 06-05-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    The process for the TP2 is a bit different. You should go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2060085 to talk about this as this thread is mostly dead.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Guys, I have a long time confusing point in the CDMA phone flashing. For those with sim card, for example, LG G2, can I pop in a Sprint SIM card and use the GSM mode overseas? Sprint has a $5 add on for roaming with Softbank network in Japan, I'm going there for a week and trying to figure out if I can use the add on or not.

My donor is a Touch Pro2, which is a world phone with GSM part as well. When I flashed the G2, I actually copied over the IMEI for GSM at my TP2 just to be safe. But then the original SIM card got me error msg saying not valid, so I popped it out and have been running at CDMA only mode since. Question is, can I pop back in the G2 sim and use it to roam in Japan or can I use the TP2's SIM to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98