Thread: E71 Web Connection always times out. Whats the problem?

Feedback Score

E71 Web Connection always times out. Whats the problem?

I use the default browser on the E71 and since ive had it I always get the web connection timed out message like 1 or 2 minutes after I start using the internet. I dont really have time to even get to a page before it does it. Ive had the cant find address message recently also even if going to pages like google.

Is this a known problem on the phone or straight talk? Is there a fix? Thank you.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The GSM phones on Straight Talk allow voice roaming only. When you are roaming, the web is disabled.
    From the Terms and Conditions:
    9. ROAMING: “Roaming” occurs when a subscriber of one wireless service provider uses the network facilities of another wireless service provider. Roaming usually occurs when a subscriber places or receives a call while outside of the network coverage area of their wireless service provider.

Service on the CDMA Network. If your Straight Talk Service is on the CDMA network, your Straight Talk phone will not roam when you are outside of the Straight Talk CDMA network coverage area.

Service on the GSM Network. If your Straight Talk Service is on the GSM network, your Straight Talk Wireless phone may roam when you are outside of the Straight Talk GSM network coverage area. When your Straight Talk GSM phone is roaming, Voice and SMS messaging will continue to be available to you at no additional charge. Mobile Web Services access will not be available while you are roaming outside of the Straight Talk GSM Network coverage area. When your GSM Straight Talk Phone is roaming, an indicator light on your handset may display the word "Roam" or "RM" on the screen while the phone is not in use.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have this problem as well, and have had it since day one with the e71. Funny thing is that using Opera Mini it doesn't do it, so I just have always used Opera. The new Opera Mini (6) is by far better and faster than the previous versions of Opera for the e71 by the way.

Feedback Score
    Well that certainly makes sense. Im about a mile away from a Tmobile tower. So when im at home the web will never work. No biggie. I hate using the browser on this little screen but its nice to have if I want to google something quick.