Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing phones within page plus

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Changing phones within page plus

Hi everyone,

We have a phone on page plus right now and we want to replace it with a different phone, keeping the same phone number and account and all that.

How do we do this??

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just found this website....is this legit and what I need to do?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-Dealers-lt-lt
    Last edited by icebook; 06-06-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: edited direct link

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it is legit. Simply follow the directions in the e-mail you will receive. It works very well.
    My PagePlus Phone History---12 Years & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thank you boz, just did it and everything worked fine....only took about 5 minutes to switch the phones!

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that link Skydmark1. That self-serve feature is really useful... And thx for confirming Boz1...

I wish they also have a page for switching between two existing PP phones (ESN swap) without having to call CS...

Or if someone knows one, please post... Thanks...

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    joe.joe, you can also do that yourself BUT you need to have a third, currently unactivated, currently unused phone available.

Feedback Score
    Why is this post allowed? Your naming a website and they are not a paid advertiser here.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.joe View Post
    Thanks for posting that link Skydmark1. That self-serve feature is really useful... And thx for confirming Boz1...

I wish they also have a page for switching between two existing PP phones (ESN swap) without having to call CS...

Or if someone knows one, please post... Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    joe.joe, you can also do that yourself BUT you need to have a third, currently unactivated, currently unused phone available.
    Actually you do not need the extra phone ESN. Simply bump the phones off the PP accounts by using an ESN that consists of 2500-xxx-xxxx, where the x's are the last 7 digits of that phones PP telephone number. Now both phones are free to be ESN swapped to the other number by doing an ESN change.
    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Tracnet you are right! I found my old notes on ESN swap and it's exactly what u described. This would save me a whole lot of waiting time over the phone with the CS (assuming that this would work smoothly of course.) Thanks to everyone involved in this post!

Feedback Score
    I thought links to specific dealers weren't allowed?

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    Actually you do not need the extra phone ESN. Simply bump the phones off the PP accounts by using an ESN that consists of 2500-xxx-xxxx, where the x's are the last 7 digits of that phones PP telephone number. Now both phones are free to be ESN swapped to the other number by doing an ESN change.
    Thanks for posting this!

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashForward View Post
    Why is this post allowed? Your naming a website and they are not a paid advertiser here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmason68 View Post
    I thought links to specific dealers weren't allowed?
    Wow! This REALLY seems to be bothering you! If it is a problem, I'm sure that a moderator will take care of it. But I don't see how it could be, since the dealer is listed in the ===>> List of Dealers <<=== AND it was simply a link to a SELF-SERVE page!

Feedback Score
    Call me stupid.. But I don't understand how this works.. I'd like to switch phones as well but I don't know how too..

Carriers
    PagePlus normally, sometimes Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerkeyes View Post
    Call me stupid.. But I don't understand how this works.. I'd like to switch phones as well but I don't know how too..
    When in doubt, just call Customer Service at (800) 550-2436 or #CCARE from your PagePlus phone. Save yourself some time by taking out the batteries of both the old and new phones and write down the ESN of each phone before you call since the Customer Service Representative will ask for them.
    Last of the talk & text dumphone users

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    The headphone jack on my Incredible 2 needs repair. I still have the enV2 I used when I was with Verizon and it's currently deactivated. Could I do an ESN swap from the Incredible 2 to the enV2, and then swap them back after the repair? I use Google Voice, so it doesn't really matter what number the phone uses. All that really matters is having the minutes I bought.

I don't know where to go to get my phone repaired. Computer store like Micro Center, Fry's Electronics, etc? Page Plus dealer? HTC customer support? I don't know if it's under warranty because I bought it secondhand.
    Last edited by Slinkwyde; 07-11-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast