Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk voicemail on Android

Feedback Score

Straight Talk voicemail on Android

Hi there,
    So I've got my LG Thrive all set up, rooted, and working great with all of the right APN settings, but I can't get to my voicemail.
    In the past with my other ST phone I just dialed *86, so that's what I set the voicemail number to when I first got the new phone. Now I've got this annoying looking icon at the top of my screen and no way to get rid of it. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Sent from my LG-P506 using HowardForums

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Put your sim back in your e71 and see what your preset voice mail number is and use that.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G

Feedback Score
    Just set your phone to dial your cell phone number, it will take you straight to your voice mail.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evn153 View Post
    Hi there,
    So I've got my LG Thrive all set up, rooted, and working great with all of the right APN settings, but I can't get to my voicemail.
    In the past with my other ST phone I just dialed *86, so that's what I set the voicemail number to when I first got the new phone. Now I've got this annoying looking icon at the top of my screen and no way to get rid of it. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks

The code you used is for a Verizon phone. Hold down the "1" key to dial voicemail with AT&T-based wireless networks. Dialing your own number will only work if you have the correct forwarding number set in voicemail.
    Last edited by efparri; 06-05-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Just saying thats how I do it. Straight Talk on Android.
    I just have my phone number set in as the voice mail number, I dial it and I guess because I am dialing my number from my phone it goes straight to voice mail and I get my messages.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    On straight talk gsm you do not call your own number for voice mail... there is a preset number (that is programmed into your Nokia BTW) that you call from your phone to retrieve messages. So if you follow the instructions I posted earlier it will work.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The correct voicemail retrieval number is set over the air when you insert the SIM card into any GSM phone. The problem is that the Original Poster was using the code for Verizon voicemail. AT&T-based phones have the voicemail retrieval number linked to the digit "1."

Carrier
    Atrix on ST = :)
    Feedback Score
    Find a friend that can send you a invitation for Google Voice - it is so good, you will never use regular voice mail again

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    The correct voicemail retrieval number is set over the air when you insert the SIM card into any GSM phone. The problem is that the Original Poster was using the code for Verizon voicemail. AT&T-based phones have the voicemail retrieval number linked to the digit "1."

Sent from my HTC Inspire

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I wonder how the Original Poster expects to get an answer. The member has not returned to the forums since posting the question.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I have my e71 set up with conditional call forwarding with google voice. The voice transcription isn't perfect but you pretty much get what you need to know if you want to call back. You can also listen if you want but I never do. I do not use St vm at all. Works really well and has been very reliable for me. If you were on an android phone you can set the phone to go thru gv for international calls.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    I wonder how the Original Poster expects to get an answer. The member has not returned to the forums since posting the question.
    Woah there. I'm not dead yet, it's just finals week. I'm at work right now, so I'll try some of these suggestions out next chance I get.
    Have faith.

Feedback Score
    Luckily enough work is pretty dead right now. So i got it working. Here's how:
    I tried zmk76's solution last night. The voicemail number is stored on the sim not the phone so switching it back to my 6790 didn't help.
    As far as dialing 1 goes, it turns out that's just a shortcut for dialing the voicemail number stored on the sim card.
    All this talk about call forwarding made me check my call forwarding numbers in settings. I went ahead and called it and boom, done. I copied that number over to the right spot and it works great.
    Thanks for all your help. Now I guess ill have to see what all the hubbub is about for Google voice.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmk76 View Post
    On straight talk gsm you do not call your own number for voice mail... there is a preset number (that is programmed into your Nokia BTW) that you call from your phone to retrieve messages. So if you follow the instructions I posted earlier it will work.

Sent from my HTC Inspire
    On an Android phone if you press and hold 1 the phone dials your phone #.....just checked on my Inspire.

Sent from my Straight Talk HTC Inspire using the Howard Forums app
    For instructions on using Androids with Straight Talk don't PM me....I don't usually answer....click here!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...stop-asking%29

Feedback Score
    What I was saying earlier is this. I have a HTC Aria. I have my Nokia E71 Sim in it and all the appropriate APN changes made, everything works.
    To retrieve my voice mail I dial my Straight Talk cell phone number from my phone and it goes straight to voice mail.
    I called it right before I made this post just to be sure I was posting correctly.
    This is how it works on my phone. Any one else that has a Straight Talk sim in a android please call your own number from your phone and see if it goes to voice mail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast