Phones
    V3c
    LG TM520
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Question Not receiving all texts and phone calls

I've had this problem for a while.

When I upgraded to the 3GS from a BB, once in a while I would not receive a random text or two. This is from friends with Bell and Rogers. Sometimes I would only find out if they complained to me that I've ignored them. I imagine that few complain to me.

I called Telus, and they worked on it for a while, and told me that it was fixed. Soon after, I realized that the problem was never solved. I would also have calls that don't ring on my end. I would sometimes hear my voice mail go off, but the phone would not ring, and the call would not register in my call log.

I recently switched to a Iphone 4, and the problem continues.

Is this something that can be fixed, or is it a problem with Telus? If it continues, I don't mind switching to Rogers as this is a huge problem for me.

Thanks for reading

Phone
    iPhone, BlackBerry
    Carrier
    Telus, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Yes. I have a 3GS and am missing calls almost daily. Phone just doesn't ring, and the caller is sent directly to voicemail. I also get "Call failed" when making calls about 1/4 of the time. My phone has been replaced twice and the issues remain.

Also have a BB 9700 on Telus, and it suffers from the same problems (much less frequently mind you).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i have the same problem for many many many month ... one day ... all problem is solved ... but some time ... like today ... some area and some tower ... just stop working ... like today ...
    all people at my work with telus and have see this today ... 2 or 3 tower are down in my area ...
    result ... many dropped call because no signal ... or signal but ... go to voicemail ...
    just keep in mind one thing ...

in cdma you can call with one bar without any problem ... but in hspa .... is not the same case !

Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I've more or less had the same problem - although with texts moreso than voice calls (but I must admit, I could be missing calls without ever knowing). Definitely seems like a telus. HSPA thing.

Sent from my Milestone using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    It is definitely the network and I will tell you why

- I've been on the HSPA network since launch in 2009 and I've never missed a call because of this issue in the Halifax area (or Nova Scotia). I recently spent 2 months in Mississauga Ontario and I experienced this call goes directly to voicemail even if the phone is turned ON almost daily. I thought the phone got broken, I took out the SIM and cleaned the contacts but it was the same thing. All problems went away when I returned to Halifax.

So this is 100% a network related issue and it seems to appear in dense populated areas with too many subscribers connected to one tower.

Phones
    Nokia E71-2
    LG Rumour
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier
    Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    I have the same not-receiving-all-calls issue and I find it comes and goes. This is with a Nokia E71 in Vancouver. For some reason a TELUS rep. thought that swapping my SIM card with a new one would work, but it didn't.

So much for the cute fuzzy animals in their advertisements.

Feedback Score
    I also have a similar issue. On going. I too was given a new sim card (after new hardware) and its still messed up. The apple store blamed overwhelmed towers.
    So I now say, TELUS SUCKS.

Phones
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Ifone4, WinMo7,Milestone
    Sierra 306/298
    Carriers
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm the same behavior, missing texts too, in Alberta. I know due to workers the actual useage is much higher than the official population, and it's a super problem with speed, missing texts, etc around here. not 100%, that's for sure.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I have had the same issue for weeks now.. Texts not sending or being received, call failed (sometimes 5+ times), and visual voicemail.. forget about that.. I've called Telus four times in two weeks to no avail. Smartest agent I spoke too confirmed that I was trying to connect to a tower that was too busy.

If you make a call (to say a 1-800 number or something) where your not actually talking to someone, you can exit to the home screen (while keeping the call connected) and text/data/visual voicemail all you want and it works fine because you are currently connected to the tower (via the phone call), sounds silly.. but it works in a pinch.

I don't want to go back to Rogers, but this is getting rediculous.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I've been experiecing very delayed SMS texts and even when I make a call or someone calls me, it goes straight to voice mail or saying the user isn't avaiable. Longest SMS delay was about 2 days and it was an urgent SMS too!

Either this has to do with their recent 4G upgrade that's causing network problems, or it's that iPhone app that's flooding the network like it was last summer.
    Unlocked Moto X (4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)

Feedback Score
    Hmmm, this seems to be the early signs of the HSPA network being close to maximum capacity in some places. It might not be a bad idea to get the LG Android smartphone and switch back to CDMA.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Update: That last rep I was telling you about (the one who owned up to the network capacity being too high), issued me a ticket # and said the problem should be fixed by Friday (today) and I haven't had a problem with my iPhone all day.. keeping my fingers crossed.

Feedback Score

Same Problem

I been having the exact same issues with telus in sherwood park, alberta. Its a very inconsistant problem, I also have been issued a ticket # with regards to this problem but still no anwsers, I have replaced my phone, sim card and upgraded to the latest software this is most definitly a network issue.

I'm not even sure its a network conjestion issue as I'm up really early in the morning (like 5am) and sometimes still can't squeeze a call out or txt.

If they don't resolve this soon, I will have to find another provider.

On a side note a couple of times i thought it may be related to my home wireless router, so I unpluged it and then my phone would work for a short time, but eventually it would go back to the same issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    in the first years of the hspa network i have same problem like you in quebec city zone ... now i don't have this problem ... i receive call and txt without any problem ... the only problem i have this day is the signal is not consistant ... normally i have 3-4 bar ( around -90db ) of signal at my house ... today 1 bar ... ( -106 db ) ... i receive call without any problem but my aircard is a little ...

Phones
    Milestone
    Bold 9700
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I too am having texting and missed call issues. First I was told, change your sim card, or it's my phone. There are days my voicemail icon displays that I have a voicemail but my phone doesn't even ring. It is getting worse everyday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast