Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone LG800g- Anyone know why I'm getting the same text message 15-20 times?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    Shannara,
    If I were you I would probably try to return it. It seems that the people that have good working units are fine but those who are having this problem aren't seeing any results in getting them fixed. Since they have no idea whether it's a software problem, hardware incompatibility, or issues with certain systems unable to operate with this phone THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE to get everyone up and going. I wonder if this mess will cause them to delay releasing the Motorola EX124G for awhile? I was thinking about ordering one to play with but I can't find a zip code that would let me order one on Tracfone's web site so maybe they pulled it for now.
    According to a post on net 10 fb they are sending all the ex124g that they had as replacements for defective 800g and that is why they are not for sale on the website yet.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    According to a post on net 10 fb they are sending all the ex124g that they had as replacements for defective 800g and that is why they are not for sale on the website yet.
    Thats what theyre doing for me!!

Phones
    Samsung T404G, iPhone 3G
    Samsung T404G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well, a day or so ago, I sent a picture message from my sister's phone (I asked for her permission, don't worry!), and I know that one went to my current number. That message has not come yet, and neither has the picture message my Mom sent! Do you think "not receiving picture messages at all" could be a variation of this problem?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Piqutchi,
    I'd think that any problem with texting at this point is a variation on whatever problem needs fixing. Most posts I've read talk about delayed messages, messages not received, and multiple texts being delivered while blocking new texts from being delivered. If I were you I would be on the phone with Tracfone griping and complaining until they either got it working or they agreed to send me the new Motorola EX124G as a replacement. If you wait too long they may start sending out new 800Gs that have some fix in them but then you lose the opportunity to get the EX124G. Just my opinion, I'm waiting to get my hands on an EX124G. Good luck with whatever route you take.

Feedback Score
    My LG800g was getting the same text at first, 50 times over about three days. No pics involved. The first time they tried to fix it, it still did the same thing after a few hours. The second time, I was getting them about five times a day about every day and I thought it was fixed again because it didn't do it for a few days, but then when I got several texts, it started all over again. At first I just deleted them, but it quickly became very annoying. I called again today and told them and they offered to send a new phone, different one, and I was very thankful. Now I just hope the new phone works okay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannara View Post
    I called again today and told them (about the texting problems) and they offered to send a new phone, different one, and I was very thankful. Now I just hope the new phone works okay.
    Do you have a Tracfone or Net10? Are they sending you a new LG800 or the EX124?

Feedback Score
    I have a Tracfone and they are sending the EX124, altho I really wish they had fixed the problem on the LG because I really liked that phone, otherwise. I liked the setup for texting in Qwerty on the LG because you turned the phone sideways and it made for really easy texting and it knew what words you were texting and finished them. The Motorola has the Qwerty keyboard upright which I am betting, will be harder to text on, because the letters will be closer together. I'm just hoping that I like it as well.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Shannara,
    When you get it please come back and give us your opinion. I've already heard of one person who got his replacement and thinks it sucks. He would prefer a fixed LG800G over the EX124G, something about touchscreen and stylus don't work well unless pushed hard. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Motorola EX124g Replacements for defective LG800g Phones

Shannara,
    When you get it please come back and give us your opinion. I've already heard of one person who got his replacement and thinks it sucks. He would prefer a fixed LG800G over the EX124G, something about touchscreen and stylus don't work well unless pushed hard. Thanks.
    So what if the Texting is more difficult and the spacing for characters is tighter and the pressure needed for the resistance TouchScreen is harder, at least you gained the "Stylus". Until you loose it, it will come in handy as a Toothpick and it will encourage you to keep "flossing" as your Dentist recommends. LMAO

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Shannara,
    I happen to have a stylus that came with a multi-function pen (actually have 2 different ones) - and have been testing it out w/ my LG800G. It works fine, but I see that you do have to exert some pressure to get it to register w/ the LG800G. Can definitely be useful for those who have a hard time hitting the keys properly, or who just prefer to use something like that. Additionally, it could definitely be easier to use a stylus on web pages where it is sometimes hard to select links or fill-in boxes to type in usernames/passwords. Yes, you can zoom in/out and scroll around to make this easier, but that takes a little time, and on Tracfones, time is precious. On the negative, I find myself worrying about damaging the LG800G's screen with the stylus - i.e., am I pressing too hard, or am I scratching the screen? So I use the stylus sparingly. I prefer the stylus in my pen versus that skinny little stylus that I see in the Motorola because my pen is nice and thick, and is easier for me to grip/use.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    From the description of the EX124G, when you turn the phone sidewords, the qwerty will become widescreen at that orientatiion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    From the description of the EX124G, when you turn the phone sidewords, the qwerty will become widescreen at that orientatiion.
    Gasp, What a relief! Texting would (never) be the same. Sigh......

Feedback Score
    I will certainly do that, altho now I'm getting nervous because my main reason for getting a new phone was the texting and if that Motorola's touchscreen is that resistant, well, that would make me still an unhappy customer. I will definitely post my opinion when I get it. They told me three to seven days.

Feedback Score
    Hi, well I told you that I'd report when I got my Motorola EX124 and I got my new phone, but it wasn't the Motorola as promised. It was another LG800g and one that was used at that, because it had a screen protector on it. Also the first message that came through was one that I'd gotten at least five times on the old phone. I'll give it a few days, but if it continues, I will be calling them back again until I can get some satisfaction.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannara View Post
    Hi, well I told you that I'd report when I got my Motorola EX124 and I got my new phone, but it wasn't the Motorola as promised. It was another LG800g and one that was used at that, because it had a screen protector on it. Also the first message that came through was one that I'd gotten at least five times on the old phone. I'll give it a few days, but if it continues, I will be calling them back again until I can get some satisfaction.
    I wouldn't wait even that long. If they told you they were going to send an EX124G then I would call them right away and tell them you got this by mistake - this sounds like an error. They don't send phones w/ screen protectors on them. It sounds like you have one of the defective phones to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast