Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Infuse of Staght talk

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score

Samsung Infuse of Staght talk

I know the phone will work on straight talk but I am just wondering about the 21Mbps HSPA+ download speeds, Is this phone capable of these speeds on the straight talk network. Just wondering before I go and and buy a infuse and sell my iphone that is on straight talk now.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Straight talk gets 100% of AT&T speeds. So if someone has a infuse on contract in your area. You will get that speed. but it depends on the area. I've had a htc inspire and a iPhone 4. The most I saw on the htc was 2 mbs and on the iPhone 4 I get up too around 3 Mbs.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    of course because iphone 4 only supports 3g and inspire is capped at 3g speeds by rom....The infuse uses the new 4g network from atat, I just wanted to confirm that it will connect to the atat towers and get that super fast speed before i sell my iphone and buy this infuse phone...I have straight talk for 1 year service for $499 a year so I can use my sim in any atat phone.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have straight talk for 1 year service for $499 a year so I can use my sim in any atat phone.
    I wouldn't have done that if I were you. If you are using anything besides the E71, all they have to do is a device scan, and bam... you are cut off!!! All of a sudden, 499.00 for 2 or 3 months is not such a good deal... no? I add a card a couple of days before I need it. The most they will get me for is one 45.00 card. It's not a savings to buy the long term cards, if the decide to pull the plug on other devices.
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    I have had straight talk since the e71 first came out about months ago....Used My sim in literally 10 different phones...I repair phones for a living.... The story about scanning your imei number is true for anyone who uses there sim in any other phones...but straight talk does not care....they are just happy with the users paying monthly. Just wondering about the infuse, anybody know?

Feedback Score
    There's two questions here:

- To address your question about using the Infuse... yeah it works great, I've had it for 3 weeks now. You get HSPA+ speeds, and I've seen anywhere from averaging 3-5mbps here in San Francisco, to 9mbps in the midwest when traveling. It's a great phone... a bit spendy, but figure IF they were to shut you off or you decided to go elsewhere, it's got great resale value, so to those who say you'll be out $500 if you get shut off, that's utter BS.

- As for scanning IMEI, I agree with the others who have posted. They don't "scan" on straight talk. AT&T does it to THEIR customers to make sure they don't have a iPhone 4 on a Medianet $10 plan, or a full featured Android phone on a $5 web-plan. They require smartphones be on smartphone plans, so they have a reason to scan to confirm. Remember, Straight Talk makes PENNIES per month on the service. They make their money on the handsets. The cost on a Nokia E71 for retailers is about $96... so imagine being Tracfone, they must get them for even less... and then sell them for $200... that's where their profit comes from... they make more in ONE handset sale than they make in 5 years of service. It's the business Tracfone has always been in, and why their owner is the richest man in the world. He knows what's important to focus on.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of buying the e71 but not because of the phone, because of the service. And I was wondering if theres any way to know after you buy the e71 if the sim card that came with the phone is unlocked so that I could use it with anothe phone? If not, is there a way to unlock the sim card or to use it in anothe phone with another method?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beltito1993 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying the e71 but not because of the phone, because of the service. And I was wondering if theres any way to know after you buy the e71 if the sim card that came with the phone is unlocked so that I could use it with anothe phone? If not, is there a way to unlock the sim card or to use it in anothe phone with another method?
    Seriously? I highly suggest you do a little searching before expecting an answer to that. If you got to this forum thread and honestly are asking that you have no business being in here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by getyup View Post
    Seriously? I highly suggest you do a little searching before expecting an answer to that. If you got to this forum thread and honestly are asking that you have no business being in here.
    You have no right of telling me if I have business or no business of being here. What you said to me is very disrespectful. If you had a problem with my question you should had ignored it. I was just asking a question because I'm new to this. If you have an idea where I can find the answer to the question that I asked then post it here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beltito1993 View Post
    You have no right of telling me if I have business or no business of being here. What you said to me is very disrespectful. If you had a problem with my question you should had ignored it. I was just asking a question because I'm new to this. If you have an idea where I can find the answer to the question that I asked then post it here.
    I know based on the fact that you figured out how to press POST, that you're clearly not mentally challenged to the point of being unable to search, but seriously.. In the same category "Straight Talk" that you posted this, there are literally 2 DOZEN threads that walk you through exactly how to do exactly what you're asking.

Sure I have a right to tell you to search. If you don't like people getting upset for posting the same question that's been answered a bunch of times, try opening your eyes and reading. You can't sit in the back seat and keep saying "are we there yet?" when you have a GPS in your hand.

Now be a big boy, and read the posts in the Straight Talk forum. everything you need to know is listed there. If you cannot read, then nobody is going to be able to help you.

Feedback Score
    How do I get the internet to work on the infuse

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Here are my settings:

First download apn backup and restore from market (delete current apns) Then add new apns

Name
    HOME

APN
    att.mvno

Leave everything else alone EXCEPT the bottom selection that says:

APN type (here you must enter the following)
    default,supl

Then save, next choose to add another APN
    make it look like this:

Name
    MMS

APN
    att.mvno

skip down to
    MMSC
    http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS proxy
    proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

MMS port

skip to:
    APN type (enter the following)
    mms
    THEN SAVE

Feedback Score
    Nothing seems to work, I think it was working yesterday until I got a picture message and now I can't get any internet. I need help please. Is there a way to restore my samsung infuse 4g back to factory and let me try it again
    Please help me get my internet working

Feedback Score
    I tried that, but I got a picture message yesterday and now it won't work, is there a way to put this phone back to factory so I can try it again. I have been working with this just about all day and getting very frustrated. I am willing to pay someone to help me with this I just want the internet please

Feedback Score
    I have tried everything and done it step by step but still nothing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast