Thread: Tracfone LG800g SMS Texts, No Subject line just message body?

Feedback Score

Tracfone LG800g SMS Texts, No Subject line just message body?

When using my Tracfone LG800g to create a text message SMS or MMS, there is no spot at all for the subject line. It is just the TO: box and the Message text box.

I am wanting to be able to post to my facebook wall and to post pictures with captions to my flickr and facebook account. But any just plain SMS text message with the TO: filled out and the message body of what I want to post does not work. MMS picture texts go through great for the picture, but any text in the message section does not post as it needs to be in the subject line...but no subject line option???

Any ideas on what to do? I've looked at it and looked at it thinking I was blind or that it's an option to turn on but darned if I can find it. I even searched the internet for some way to code it to be a subject line but no luck.

So I've turned to here as I've gotten a lot of "lurking" help here for the LG800g. And luckily I'm able to send text messages at all from what I've heard. But want to be able to post to my wall and caption pics as I did this all the time with my tracfone Samsung slider.

Thanks, Bridgette

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I can send fine. I just don't receive
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I am lucky I can send and receive. Just cannot figure out this subject line thing lol! Since most of my sending was posting pics and to my wall...the subject line thing really sucks. It's much cheaper/easier to send a text than fiddle around on the browsers trying to post while it eats minutes.

Feedback Score
    Ok, well no takers huh. Well I figured out what I was doing wrong. On my samsung slider, its text messages were set up email style, so it had subject lines. So I was essentially "emailing" my posts and photos instead of texting them to facebook.

Did not realize that, (doh!) so had to sign up for text messaging activation on facebook. After several stupid attempts ( & several tracfone minutes), figured that activation out. Now I can just text to post status updates and photos with captions to facebook. Works good.

Now flickr is another story as they are email format and the LG800g does not have native email format so guess I'd have to use the browser for that. Unless someone has a better idea about the subject lines problem....

Feedback Score
    Ok, screwed up again. My photo didn't make it to facebook via the text messaging activation, status updates did but not my photo. Cannot do it that way, have to mms photos to your facebook mobile email address that they give you. But again, no subject lines when you create a text message or photo mms message. No way to insert it either. Why this phone is like this, I have no idea. If you go to create new message, insert, you have tons of options, but no subject line, even after you insert picture, no subject lines to insert.

Well spent time playing with everything I could think of, and figured out a solution and I think the only way to do it. So I'm posting this here for others that might be searching for a solution to this problem.

Go to Messages (click envelope from home page), Templates, Multimedia Templates, Add, Insert, Subject, type anything or it won't take it (I put Subject), Save. Now you have a MMS template that you can use that has the subject line.

So to create a mms message to post a photo with caption to facebook I...Go to Messages (click envelope from home page), Templates, Multimedia Templates, (whatever you called it: for me Subject), tap the little button on the left that looks like a page beside edit, tap create MMS...so there you go. Create your message and send!

If this is the only way, most stupidly complicated way to do this, I say darn you LG for not planning this "simplified" text messaging thing out.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    You know, Facebook is removing "Subject" for the private messaging in the new version.

It seams that in generally the whole concept behind the Subject line is going away.
    Email is about the last place it remains.

Feedback Score
    I am having the same issue as you. I am trying to use twitpic and can upload the image fine but since it has no subject I can't address the pic to anyone. I have been messing around for hours trying to find a way so I could use twitpic or yfrog. But, with no subject means no sending pics to people you want too and just that person. I tried to do the twitpic email option and when I went to pick an image to attach in the email the phone just showed me a empty file folder and I could not figure out how to get to my images from that folder it was wanting me to pick from. If when I took the picture it would ask me where i wanted to store it I could tell it that folder but of course I can't seem to make that work either. Any suggestions or apps anyone knows of that might help?

Thanks