Thread: LG800G World Clock

Feedback Score

LG800G World Clock

Looking in several forums I've noticed some people have mentioned their World Clock doesn't work on the LG800G. I posted this on the Tracfone forums but *for some reason* the post never made it on the forum. Anyway, I live in Seattle but my LG800 insists it lives in LA. Nothing against LA--I just don't live there. I cannot change the home city to Seattle. And even if I could change it to Seattle, the time of day on the World Clock for Seattle is 1 hour earlier than what it actually is. Plus New York is listed as being 2 hours ahead of LA when it really is 3 hours ahead. I really don't need the World Clock, but it would be nice to have the correct East Coast/West Coast times. I'm just sayin'...

Feedback Score
    I tried to find a way to change the time on the World Clock on mine as well but found no settings, just how to set a new area in to the two clocks displayed.
    I did see though that on my phone the clocks all that the correct time.
    Hope you find your settings.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed on mine that New York (eastern) shows the same time as Chicago (central). It might concern me if I ever actually used the World Clock feature. I live in the central time zone. I know NY is an hour ahead and LA is 2 hours behind and local time shows on my home screen.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll just rely on the old brain to remember I live in Seattle, that my phone lives in LA, and that I really don't need a world clock to tell me what the time is accross the US.

Feedback Score
    I've noticed the same thing 25jive1.

I live in Chicago and the time is correct; however, the NY time shows the same as the Chicago time when NY is 1 hour ahead.

I thought it was me - but it's oddly comforting to know that someone else has the same issue.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Anyone try non US time zones/cities yet?

Feedback Score
    Did you figure out the answer? I saw your post on the tracfone forums and a response from the tracfone team asking if you were able to solve the problem. I'm also wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdr5762 View Post
    Looking in several forums I've noticed some people have mentioned their World Clock doesn't work on the LG800G. I posted this on the Tracfone forums but *for some reason* the post never made it on the forum. Anyway, I live in Seattle but my LG800 insists it lives in LA. Nothing against LA--I just don't live there. I cannot change the home city to Seattle. And even if I could change it to Seattle, the time of day on the World Clock for Seattle is 1 hour earlier than what it actually is. Plus New York is listed as being 2 hours ahead of LA when it really is 3 hours ahead. I really don't need the World Clock, but it would be nice to have the correct East Coast/West Coast times. I'm just sayin'...