Thread: 800G. Looking for ePub eReader or help w/Albite Reader.

Feedback Score

800G. Looking for ePub eReader or help w/Albite Reader.

Looking for an epub eReader for the 800G. Tried Albite Reader. It installs OK. When I open it, there is no way to browse or select books. I tried all the versions. I put copies of the epub books in all the directories. Albite's website showed \root1 as a directory. So I created one and put books in it. None were recognized.

Any one using a EReader w/the 800G?

Feedback Score
    Recently our public library has introduced e-books. I haven't checked if there is a mobile edition of the app. Maybe you can check your local library to see if they carry a mobile reader app. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyWV View Post
    Looking for an epub eReader for the 800G. Tried Albite Reader. It installs OK. When I open it, there is no way to browse or select books. I tried all the versions. I put copies of the epub books in all the directories. Albite's website showed \root1 as a directory. So I created one and put books in it. None were recognized.

Any one using a EReader w/the 800G?
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Feedback Score
    I found Books In My Phone, which works well. Though it's limited to
    their library.

I tried several others besides Albite. They wouldn't install.
    Albite's demo shows a menu across the top of the screen.
    I haven't been able to make it appear. Perhaps I installed
    the wrong version. I don't know.

Hoping to reduce the recycle.

Feedback Score
    Were the book reader apps that failed installation were they Java based?

Every little bit helps with recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyWV View Post
    I found Books In My Phone, which works well. Though it's limited to
    their library.

I tried several others besides Albite. They wouldn't install.
    Albite's demo shows a menu across the top of the screen.
    I haven't been able to make it appear. Perhaps I installed
    the wrong version. I don't know.

Hoping to reduce the recycle.

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score

Same here

I tried every java reader the last few days. I don't know if a data cable would fix my problem or not.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    There's a eBook reader called Picsel pre-installed in the 800G. It doesn't handle ePub but it does work with text, PDF and old format Microsoft Office (Office 97-2003) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files. To use it copy the files you want to view into the memory card's MYSTUFF/DOCUMENTS folder using a data cable or card reader. Then tap the menu icon in the lower right corner of the screen, tap the MyStuff icon on the next screen and then tap Documents.

You can convert your ePub files to text with the free open source Calibre app http://calibre-ebook.com/about which works on Windows, Apple Mac and Linux PCs.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    The phones ereader does bring up text, but it's basically unreadable because it doesn't resize the text to fit the screen for me.

Trying the albeit version as well, was hoping someone had figured out the menu issue, too. With m.mobi links down for java, I'm not sure what options are out there except those as one writer mentioned who limit you to their libraries, many who don't contain the genre I'm interested in. Seems a huge issue, it's nice to read on the phone for a few minutes to go to sleep or on trips.

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    I'm still researching this issue and have found nothing on the web where anyone has figured out how to connect the books to albite so they can be read. Let me know if anyone has figured it out. I'll be tinkering to try to figure it out in the meantime.

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    No luck with Albite. The software writer says it may have something to do with a well known bug which he cannot fix. There is talk it will be improved with ver. 3.

Try Libris using the cookie style phone model 310 -- the 800g is not listed. It works on my phone. I am reading a Gutenberg book that came preloaded with the phone and am unsure yet how to add books, but it has bookmark capability, which is nice. You need to enable the keypad for it to work, unfortunately, as it doesn't seem touch screen capable.