Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: LG800g Can't seem to bring in You Tube

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0

    LG800g Can't seem to bring in You Tube

    Hello all.
    Really like the lg800g from tracfone. On tracfones browser I can search and bring up youtube, but none of the videos will play.

    I then downloaded a youtube app. from UMNET I think. The app. installed fine into the lg800, but when I touch on the apps Icon, a youtube panel comes up and says,(connecting this may take a few seconds). But that youtube panel just keeps running a small bar up and down on its logo and I waited one time for allmost 4 minutes and youtube never came up into its sight. Being that youtube never connects online there is no minutes lost.

    Do I need to install something else on the phone to make you tube work?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Doubt I can help with this, but I would like to ask a couple questions if I may.
    First is, are you on Tracfone or Net10. And second is unless you are using the unlimited net 10 service which you might be, why would you want to watch you tube on such a small screen and on a service that will eat your units up. The browser will probably take forever to load any video and play it and while I like TF it is not the cheapest service to really be using the net on.
    Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm seriously asking.

    ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    You are correct in the department of using up minutes. But, that gos for anything you do with the tracfone and that kind of plan. When I tex or receive a tex message from my friends or nephews, we will tex back and forth many times in a few hours and mms. So for me maybe it is a good Idea to get a auto minutes replacement plan. But the browser dose seem to load up fast on this phone. My nephew sent me a Disney parks url, and that loads up fast and it works the same way as the verizon disney parks app.
    The size of the screen dose not bother me,not that bad. I do have a bit of large hands and some time find myself using my finger nail. No I'm not on net10 unlimited service. Just tracfone. I just get on the net with the phone for only a few short minutes and like to see what it can do. I use my computer any way to do more searching and work for long periods of time.
    I would like to get a signal enhancer or repeater for this phone or any cell phone and would tear out my land line phone, there by using the land line phones bill for a droid cell phones high monthly bill. I'm 65 and wear glasses, and the phones size dose not bother me.
    Anyway sorry for the long winded reply, and glad to get your advise.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have this phone and as far as I know, it doesn't let you use YouTube.
    ebildude123 was here...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252
    Feedback Score
    0
    @gweewdow
    Install Bolt to see Youtube.
    http://www.boltbrowser.com

    See also
    Tell me it isn't so.... pages 2 and 3
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...G-800g./page2?

    No need for YouTube app. Video supported in browser. Because you can't select preferences, launch Bolt from your list of apps.

    Enjoy.





    Quote Originally Posted by gweedow View Post
    Hello all.
    Really like the lg800g from tracfone. On tracfones browser I can search and bring up youtube, but none of the videos will play.

    I then downloaded a youtube app. from UMNET I think. The app. installed fine into the lg800, but when I touch on the apps Icon, a youtube panel comes up and says,(connecting this may take a few seconds). But that youtube panel just keeps running a small bar up and down on its logo and I waited one time for allmost 4 minutes and youtube never came up into its sight. Being that youtube never connects online there is no minutes lost.

    Do I need to install something else on the phone to make you tube work?
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gweedow View Post
    You are correct in the department of using up minutes. But, that gos for anything you do with the tracfone and that kind of plan. When I tex or receive a tex message from my friends or nephews, we will tex back and forth many times in a few hours and mms. So for me maybe it is a good Idea to get a auto minutes replacement plan. But the browser dose seem to load up fast on this phone. My nephew sent me a Disney parks url, and that loads up fast and it works the same way as the verizon disney parks app.
    The size of the screen dose not bother me,not that bad. I do have a bit of large hands and some time find myself using my finger nail. No I'm not on net10 unlimited service. Just tracfone. I just get on the net with the phone for only a few short minutes and like to see what it can do. I use my computer any way to do more searching and work for long periods of time.
    I would like to get a signal enhancer or repeater for this phone or any cell phone and would tear out my land line phone, there by using the land line phones bill for a droid cell phones high monthly bill. I'm 65 and wear glasses, and the phones size dose not bother me.
    Anyway sorry for the long winded reply, and glad to get your advise.
    Found these cell signal booster. Some at Amazon. One of them might fit your needs. http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34
    Phones
    Zte Merit LG 900G
    Lg 900G
    Zte Merit
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    you can not play youtube videos on the lg800

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes you can and capture too. The browser is designed with such support. Moreover I've done it. Review the thread Tell Me it Isn't so and the links on the the thread for more information on the Bolt Browser.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron/wv View Post
    you can not play youtube videos on the lg800

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey, thanks all for the info. Will check things. Thanks to all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    O.K., I downloaded Bolt 210. From the phones browser on UMNET. After getting the code number from umnet. Installed fine. Was able to click on you tube in the menu, and all so picked a video in the line up and it worked. Watched video while still in you tube. Was able to save it to a folder. I was able to watch it again in the gallery menu. Now later on may get upgrade to Bolt. What the heck, I like to do more then just tex and talk on this phone. I am a good watcher of my minutes. Thanks again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    132
    Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyqn View Post
    Yes you can and capture too. The browser is designed with such support. Moreover I've done it. Review the thread Tell Me it Isn't so and the links on the the thread for more information on the Bolt Browser.
    Is this with Bolt version 2.5? (Edit: And are we talking about the regular Bolt? And not whatever 'Bolt Lite' is? Since I *think* I have regular Bolt 2.5.)

    Anyway... That's cool that you got YouTube working. Means maybe there's some hope for me. But, unfortunately, it didn't work for me when I tried it a couple of weeks back. (It ran some set-up tests, but the screens were always blank.)

    Wonder if maybe it works with some videos on YouTube but not on others? Not that I'd ever really plan to do this---on Trac, especially due to costs---but it'd be cool just to say that I could do it in a pinch.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's odd that you are not getting video on your phone. We downloaded several videos here.

    It's reasonable to assume some uploaded video would be in different formats. If formats were an issue, hopefully it was covered in the numerous FAQs provided for the browser.

    There's always a possibility that Tracfone Wireless could have screwed something up. ie infinity texting error. Sometimes they do good. But in general I wish they would let the phones be.

    Bolt Lite has limited features. I don't believe it has video support. The standard Bolt dual signature is what I installed.


    May I ask,
    1) Are you using LG800g
    2) Which Bolt version are you using?
    3) Where are you launching Bolt from on your mobile? Browser icon, games and apps?
    4) Are you having problems navigation problems? Memory, page size limitations etc.
    5) Set up screens were blank? What are the setup screens? When are you encountering them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rob3235 View Post
    Is this with Bolt version 2.5? (Edit: And are we talking about the regular Bolt? And not whatever 'Bolt Lite' is? Since I *think* I have regular Bolt 2.5.)

    Anyway... That's cool that you got YouTube working. Means maybe there's some hope for me. But, unfortunately, it didn't work for me when I tried it a couple of weeks back. (It ran some set-up tests, but the screens were always blank.)

    Wonder if maybe it works with some videos on YouTube but not on others? Not that I'd ever really plan to do this---on Trac, especially due to costs---but it'd be cool just to say that I could do it in a pinch.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34
    Phones
    Zte Merit LG 900G
    Lg 900G
    Zte Merit
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    @Fireflyqn
    Please tell us how you did get it to work. I have the 800g and have tried Bolt standard and lite types of bolt browser, oprea and native browser. None worked. Just runs the click start to set up then says connecting. After it reaches 100% it says did the video play. ( of course it did not) I have also tried it on two of my friends 800's no luck there also.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ask questions to see what people are doing wrong, so I can best help them. See my post to Rob3235.

    http://boltbrowser.com/faq.html#boltlwfeat
    BOLT lite does not support the orientation settings (landscape or portrait), inline videos, video settings, transport protocol settings, copy-paste operations, favorites/feeds organization, inline editing, find in page feature, download manager, password manager, QWERTY shortcut keys for navigation, widgets, or 3XL magnification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron/wv View Post
    @Fireflyqn
    Please tell us how you did get it to work. I have the 800g and have tried Bolt standard and lite types of bolt browser, oprea and native browser. None worked. Just runs the click start to set up then says connecting. After it reaches 100% it says did the video play. ( of course it did not) I have also tried it on two of my friends 800's no luck there also.
    mod edited: yes, this will stay here this time. Removing moderator notes and or changing edits will not be tolerated at all.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 06-23-2011 at 04:47 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    132
    Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    One thing I've noticed in the Bolt FAQ is that supposedly YouTube videos won't play when in "landscape" mode. Unfortunately, that's not my problem since my browser is already in the default mode, whatever it's called, that isn't landscape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyqn View Post
    May I ask,
    1) Are you using LG800g
    2) Which Bolt version are you using?
    3) Where are you launching Bolt from on your mobile? Browser icon, games and apps?
    4) Are you having problems navigation problems? Memory, page size limitations etc.
    5) Set up screens were blank? What are the setup screens? When are you encountering them.
    1. Yes (Tracfone w/AT&T Sim Card)
    2. Bolt 2.52
    3. Games & Apps

    4. No memory or page size limitations; it usually works fine, but I do have occasional connection issues with my local tower. I think I'll give YouTube a try when I next travel someplace just to see if that helps any.

    5. I should clarify that the screens aren't completely blank; rather, there is some text. That said, these setup tests look to be the same as what is found in the Bolt browser under "preferences" and then "media settings". However, with that said, the first time I encountered them was after I clicked on a specific video to play. Basically, I clicked on a YouTube video, but before it would play I was redirected to the media setup screen (which I believe was built into the Bolt browser).

    At this point, there was a small black window that was supposed to have video in it, and it said something like 'click to play'; so I clicked it and it showed 'downloading 1%...to 100%'. And then the browser would ask me if the video played correctly (yes/no). I said 'no' and it ran a second test to which I also said 'no it didn't play correctly', but that was the last test Bolt would run.

    fwiw, I had followed the YouTube link that Bolt provides in its 'favorites'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to with the LG800G
    By AndroidFoneFan in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
  2. Lg800g
    By clctrax in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
  3. LG800g
    By Yarge in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
  4. Does everyones LG800G do this?
    By Hooterville in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 05:41 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 02:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks