Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG800g Can't seem to bring in You Tube

Feedback Score
    @Rob3235
    I installed Bolt v2.5 I am not aware of v2.52. It was also dual signed.

The application should be asking you to set up. At some point you randomly put in data. After that you should be able to watch and capture video. So that part seems okay

I can see why you think it maybe a file type issue. You also suggested it could be a connection issue.

1. My first reaction try to find by PC a couple of small files different versions on YouTube that I could use to calibrates the Bolt Browser. In case the app was overwhelm by volume of data or file types were at issue. I would note their location. I would also down using Firefox and a related plugin small video file unto my PC. I would convert the file to 3pG. Cnet.com has a few freeware converters.

2. Then I would delete Bolt from the phone and reinstall by one of these methods

3. Option A: I would find a version of std signed version of Bolt in jad and Jar format. Transfer PC to phone. Allow the phone to re-install the app. That way I avoid the connection issue.

3. Option B: Pick a good night and a stable location to install from www.boltbrowser.com or UMET signed full signed versions of the Bolt. If installing from boltbrowser.com, remember the application will pause for a while and then resume.

Gweedow was able to install from UMNET. Her version was 210 (maybe 2.10?)
    Quote Originally Posted by gweedow View Post
    O.K., I downloaded Bolt 210. From the phones browser on UMNET. After getting the code number from umnet. Installed fine. Was able to click on you tube in the menu, and all so picked a video in the line up and it worked. Watched video while still in you tube. Was able to save it to a folder. I was able to watch it again in the gallery menu. Now later on may get upgrade to Bolt. What the heck, I like to do more then just tex and talk on this phone. I am a good watcher of my minutes. Thanks again.
    4. After re-installion of Bolt I would run my preselected mini calibration files. I'd try streaming first but I don't know if streaming is necessary for calibration.

Anyway that how I would trouble shoot it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I looked at the FAQs, once you capture, you can play your video any time in landscape and portrait mode. I don't see it as problem. In my experience the phone converts the format to 3GP or try's to anyway. Your streaming file issue maybe????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Saw the landscape mode comment from Bolt website.
    From FAQ:
    Q:Are all BOLT features accessible in landscape orientation?

Ans: Yes. All browser features are available in landscape mode with the exception of streaming video playback, which currently only works in portrait mode.

I never paid attention to that. But I will now out of curiosity, the next time I am at Youtube. After you capture, you can view your video you can switch between landscape mode and portrait.

Brief discussion on Bolt and the company's VP: Sampo Kaasila- VP of research for Bitstream speaks with bnetTV.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YOAG...eature=related
    start watching at 1:15

Some of Bolt's Features
    http://bitstream.com/browsing/bolt_features.html

Landscape Mode
    http://www.bitstream.com/browsing/bo...xperience.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob3235 View Post
    5. I should clarify that the screens aren't completely blank; rather, there is some text. That said, these setup tests look to be the same as what is found in the Bolt browser under "preferences" and then "media settings". However, with that said, the first time I encountered them was after I clicked on a specific video to play. Basically, I clicked on a YouTube video, but before it would play I was redirected to the media setup screen (which I believe was built into the Bolt browser).

At this point, there was a small black window that was supposed to have video in it, and it said something like 'click to play'; so I clicked it and it showed 'downloading 1%...to 100%'. And then the browser would ask me if the video played correctly (yes/no). I said 'no' and it ran a second test to which I also said 'no it didn't play correctly', but that was the last test Bolt would run.

fwiw, I had followed the YouTube link that Bolt provides in its 'favorites'.
    One thing I've noticed in the Bolt FAQ is that supposedly YouTube videos won't play when in "landscape" mode. Unfortunately, that's not my problem since my browser is already in the default mode, whatever it's called, that isn't landscape.
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 06-23-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Style only
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll have to do some experimenting and see what happens. It's funny. So far I've got a pretty good handle on this phone as far as the in's and out's. Heck... I've even mastered the process for getting stuff I've DVR'd onto the phone (using that .3gp extension you've mentioned for conversions on a PC). But when it comes to streaming YouTube? I've gotten nowhere. Me and YouTube don't seem to get along.

Feedback Score
    Isn't it amazing. Never really new how much I was starved for technology. I know its not the most advance mobile but now I can consider reading books (need more research for apps). I can download a cartoon almost on the spot to keep a young one or two entertained. Be able to enlarge screen when my eyes need it because the phone allows me to put on a better browser. It has been helpful.

You are welcome. I hope the above ideas gets things solved for you.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll have to do some experimenting and see what happens. It's funny. So far I've got a pretty good handle on this phone as far as the in's and out's. Heck... I've even mastered the process for getting stuff I've DVR'd onto the phone (using that .3gp extension you've mentioned for conversions on a PC). But when it comes to streaming YouTube? I've gotten nowhere. Me and YouTube don't seem to get along.

Last edited by Fireflyqn; 06-22-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    @gweedow
    Whatever version works. Fantastic. I'll have to take a look at UMNET. May added to by list of helper sites.

O.K., I downloaded Bolt 210. From the phones browser on UMNET. After getting the code number from umnet. Installed fine. Was able to click on you tube in the menu, and all so picked a video in the line up and it worked. Watched video while still in you tube. Was able to save it to a folder. I was able to watch it again in the gallery menu. Now later on may get upgrade to Bolt. What the heck, I like to do more then just tex and talk on this phone. I am a good watcher of my minutes. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Morning all.
    I was asked how did I get You tube to work in this thread. Sorry I can only touch on the matter just a little.
    I'm not that savy on getting apps to work on this phone or others.
    After bolt installed correctly on the Lg800g, into my games folder, I clicked on it (Bolt210handler) and a screen came up to configure settings. Such as, name,port, proxy type,host. I'm ashamed to say did not know to much info. on those settings. Below the screen, was a small icon square, white and looked like lines in it. I touched on that and a different screen came up with manual check config. and allso an ok, I touched on ok.
    Then with in a few seconds Bolt came up in its browser, with a list of different places. With north and south and east and west arrows. I moved the pointer to you tube and it loaded up in only a couple seconds.
    I picked a video, and it took the video to load up in about 10 to 15 seconds then you had to push play or save.
    It played fine, but picture could have been better, grainy, and sound a little choppy.
    About the one statement on they didn't know if you could make the view full screen. I was able to make it full screen. The lg, had that little Icon that you get when your viewing pictures in your gallery. It looks like two papers one vertical and the other horizontal. when I touched on that the screen flipped to horizontal and full screen.
    Like I said, very sorry for the half how to info. Maybe (fireflygn) can repost where to go for how to put in all those settings. Ha,ha, I certainly would like to know. Good luck all.

Feedback Score
    Morning all.
    I was asked how did I get You tube to work in this thread. Sorry I can only touch on the matter just a little.
    After bolt installed correctly on the Lg800g, into my games folder, I clicked on it (Bolt210handler) and a screen came up to configure settings. Such as, name,port, proxy type,host. I'm ashamed to say did not know to much info. on those settings. Below the screen, was a small icon square, white and looked like lines in it. I touched on that and a different screen came up with manual check config. and allso an ok, I touched on ok.
    Then with in a few seconds Bolt came up in its browser, with a list of different places. With north and south and east and west arrows. I moved the pointer to you tube and it loaded up in only a couple seconds.
    I picked a video, and it took the video to load up in about 10 to 15 seconds then you had to push play or save.
    It played fine, but picture could have been better, grainy, and sound a little choppy.
    About the one statement on they didn't know if you could make the view full screen. I was able to make it full screen. The lg, had that little Icon that you get when your viewing pictures in your gallery. It looks like two papers one vertical and the other horizontal. when I touched on that the screen flipped to horizontal and full screen.
    Like I said, very sorry for the half how to info. Maybe (fireflygn) can repost where to go for how to put in all those settings. Ha,ha, I certainly would like to know. Good luck all.
    Hey I'm adding some thing here. One earlier post here quoted my first post. Calling me a her. I'm a young close to 60s years old nice guy. Straight and retired and happy and having a great time retired. Thats O.K. whoever, I'm laughing to here. Not mad

Feedback Score
    Maybe its the version ---210? I have no prior experience with this version.
    I installed directly from the website version 2.5 dual signed. After installation, went to YouTube and clicked on a video. The program began to ask some questions for calibration. All I had to do was enter miscellaneous data until the bar across the screen was full. Then at some point I was asked about the video being good or not. There was no proxy settings to configure etc. Sorry I can't be more helpful with the 210 version.

Bolt has changed over the years. Please see video, yr 2010.
    Sampo Kaasila- VP of research for Bitstream speaks with bnetTV.com at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YOAG...eature=related

from FAQ
    What is new in BOLT 2.5?

Thanks to the tremendous response and great feedback we've received from the BOLT user community, we are happy to announce that we are releasing BOLT 2.5 with a host of new features and optimizations designed to improve usability, robustness and stability, including:

- Revamped user interface. Get access to BOLT’s most frequently used features in lesser clicks with a more streamlined layout, menu structure and help.
    - Upgrade to Webkit 5 in BOLT’s cloud.
    - Expanded coverage of video sites, Release 2.5 supports playback of videos on Facebook.
    - Even greater HTML5 support. BOLT continues to lead the way for support of HTML5 standards amongst mobile browsers. BOLT 2.5 supports HTML5 audio and video streaming while providing the highest compliance with HTML 5 standards compared to all other browsers in the space.
    - Geolocation support.

But there may be help for you on the support page for Bolt.
    http://boltbrowser.com/faq.html.

from FAQ
    What is new in BOLT 2.5?

Thanks to the tremendous response and great feedback we've received from the BOLT user community, we are happy to announce that we are releasing BOLT 2.5 with a host of new features and optimizations designed to improve usability, robustness and stability, including:

- Revamped user interface. Get access to BOLT’s most frequently used features in lesser clicks with a more streamlined layout, menu structure and help.
    - Upgrade to Webkit 5 in BOLT’s cloud.
    - Expanded coverage of video sites, Release 2.5 supports playback of videos on Facebook.
    - Even greater HTML5 support. BOLT continues to lead the way for support of HTML5 standards amongst mobile browsers. BOLT 2.5 supports HTML5 audio and video streaming while providing the highest compliance with HTML 5 standards compared to all other browsers in the space.
    - Geolocation support.

Option1: This may give you clearer images. It's cheap but cumbersome.
    If you have the time, what you could do is download the video to PC via Firefox and a video capture app. Convert files with a 3GP converter. See Cnet.com for converters. Send file to your phone via cable or use a card reader to install the files onto your card. I am not recommending Bluetooth because it is very slow---few minutes. I used a card reader. Drag and dump. Seconds. This is a cheaper way to install video to your phone, the image should improve. But its more cumbersome.

Remember too video is being taken by a phone. Phone video is not known to be highest quality. The uploaded video may not be the highest quality.

Option 2: From FAQ
    How can I adjust the video quality settings?

To modify the video quality settings,

- Select "Preferences" from "Menu"
    - Select desired quality level from the Video Quality drop-down list
    - Select "Save"
    I cannot play videos on my device. Can you help?

Yes we can!

BOLT includes a video configuration wizard that identifies the optimal video playback properties based on your devices’ capabilities. To run the video wizard,

- Load any Web page and select "Preferences" from "Menu"
    - Click "Video Setting" button; BOLT opens a pop-up window featuring a test video
    - Press "Play" to start the video,
    If you are able to play the video successfully, select "Yes" and press OK; BOLT saves the current video settings.
    If BOLT fails to play the video at first attempt, select "No" and press OK. BOLT reloads the video player with alternate settings, press the "Play" button and select the appropriate option depending on whether you are able to play the videos or not. If BOLT fails at the second attempt to play the video, future videos will be downloaded to your device for playback through the native media player.
    Check the forum and consider using the Bolt support e-mail too. Both are located under the Help menu of the support page.

Thanks for reporting back on the video orientation

Morning all.
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 06-23-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: clarification, re-styling, added thanks

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Morning all.
    Bolt Handler is an unofficial hacked version that lets users browse for free with some carriers, but not with TracFone or Net10. Unless you need Hander's special "feature" you are better off getting Bolt from the official source, http://boltbrowser.com where you get support and signed versions.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    Holysmokes.
    Thanks for warning us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Bolt Handler is an unofficial hacked version that lets users browse for free with some carriers, but not with TracFone or Net10. Unless you need Hander's special "feature" you are better off getting Bolt from the official source, http://boltbrowser.com where you get support and signed versions.

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Indeed. Thanks for the heads up, Yeswap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2