ZTE Source N9511
    Motorola Electrify M XT901
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score

TracPhone Call Forwarding.

I was wondering if there's a call forwarding option for TracPhone so when you're by another phone you don't waste your minutes.
    If there is call forwarding are there any Selective Call Forwarding Options?

If so how do you activate it?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    No, not unless you have it tied into Google Voice which would let you transfer calls between registered phones.

Added later:
    If you're interested in forwarding calls that you don't answer on your Tracfone there are GSM codes (assuming you're using a GSM phone) that let you send calls to another phone number.
    Reference for GSM Code info:
    http://www.borgus.net/gsmkode.htm
    http://geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

Phones
    ZTE Source N9511
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    I was trying to set it up so when a call comes in & isn't answered it goes to Google Voice's Voice Mail

Phones
    ZTE Source N9511
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    It just says "Not Allowed"

Her phone is 'Safelink' apparently, But it says "TracPhone" so I assume it'll be the same, but I don't know enough about it. She should be fine since people have her GV# but she doesn't want to have to call her Voicemail & waste minutes or have to borrow someone else's phone if she get's a voicemail.
    Last edited by LostOnline; 06-22-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: More information

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    What model Tracfone is it? FYI, Safelink is exactly the same as Tracfone except taxpayers foot the bill for Safelink.

Phones
    ZTE Source N9511
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    That's what I thought. It's the Samsung one

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    OK, since you don't have a model number I'll assume that it is a GSM phone since all the Samsung models on Tracfone are GSM.

FYI: If you try to forward to Google Voice using a Tracfone first it rings your phone for about 20 secs and IF NO ONE ANSWERS then it transfers to Google Voice and rings for another 30 seconds, most people will hangup after the first 30 seconds if not sooner. Also, and this is important, you cannot have this phone listed on Google Voice as a forwarding phone or it creates a loop and will ring for about 1 minute and 40 seconds before Google Voice answers it. IF THE CELL PHONE IS BUSY it immediately transfers received calls to Google Voice, rings for just the 30 seconds, and then lets the caller leave a message on Google Voice. It will also transfer to Google Voice immediately IF THE CELL PHONE IS OUT OF RANGE OR NOT LOGGED INTO A CELL TOWER (like when it's powered off).

First lets see if this will work on her phone, this works for ATT Tracfones but her's might be on T-Mobile which might use different codes. Enter *#61# and then hit the SEND button like you're making a call. It should come back with the status page for Call Divert and toward the bottom should say:

Waiting time: 20 sec
    +1XXXXXXXXXX

Record the phone number where the X's are for future reference. That's the number her phone currently calls to retrieve voicemail. Hit End to exit out of there, we haven't changed anything so don't worry. If that worked let me know and I'll start telling you how to actually forward the phone to her Google Voice number so it does what I described in my FYI paragraph assuming that is what she is looking to do.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Little more info: If that did work we have the option to transfer on any or all of these three conditions

1. When the phone is BUSY (Google Voice lets the caller leave a message after 30 seconds of ringing)
    2. When the phone is OUT OF RANGE/POWERED OFF (Google Voice lets the caller leave a message after 30 seconds of ringing)
    3. When it is connected but NO ONE ANSWERS (this is the one where it can't be a forwarding phone in her Google Voice account or it will probably cause a loop, it does on mine)

Phones
    ZTE Source N9511
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    Okay, so I have the model #: SGH-T105G (TF) & I just realized that TracFone is with an "F"
    Yes it's GSM. I was pretty sure that ALL TracFones were GSM, From everything I know they all have SIM cards.

GV added it as "T-Mobile"
    She mainly doesn't want anyone to be able to leave a message on her normal number.
    When I tried the codes (Same ones from the links on the other post but I tried them again) it says "Requesting Service" then comes back with a "Not Allowed"

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Bummer, if it had been on the ATT network I know the GSM codes to do the things you're looking to do. Below are the instructions using the T-Mobile network for T-Mobile subscribers but I have no idea whether Tracfones (or even T-Mobile prepaid customers) can actually use them or not. Give them a try and see if anything comes from it. Worst case is something will indicate you can't do it, like a recorded message or a message on the screen. If you try them please come back and let us know the results good or bad.

Call forwarding No Reply
    NOTE: Call Forward No Reply only forwards your T-Mobile @Home phone to another phone number when you do not answer your T-Mobile @Home phone.
    To activate or deactivate Call Forward No Reply, perform one of the following:
    Press Star (*) 42 and phone number that you want to forward your calls to. For example, you would press *42 1 555-555-5555.
    Press Star (*) 93. You are not required to enter the phone number to deactivate Call Forward No Reply.

Call forwarding if Not Reachable
    NOTE: Call Forward if Not Reachable only forwards your T-Mobile @Home phone to another phone number if your T-Mobile @Home phone or the T-Mobile HiPort is not reachable (due to electrical or ISP issues).
    To activate or deactivate Call Forward if Not Reachable, perform one of the following:
    Press Star (*) 62 Star (*) and the phone number that you want to forward your calls to followed by the Pound (#) key. For example, you would press *62* 1 555-555-5555 #.
    Press Pound Pound (# #) 62 Pound (#). You are not required to enter the phone number to deactivate Call Forward if Not Reachable.

IF NONE OF THAT WORKS
    The only other possibility I can think of is to dial *004*1XXXXXXXXXX# (substituting the number you want to forward to where the X's are) and hit SEND then test it out. IF IT DOES CHANGE how it handles calls and it isn't what you wanted you would dial ##004# to cancel what you just did.

Part of the fun with Tracfones is trying everything you can think of and seeing what works and what doesn't.

Side note: Tracfone has GSM phones which have SIM cards and CDMA phones that work on the Verizon network and the CDMA phones don't have SIM cards.

Phones
    ZTE Source N9511
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    *42 1.234.567.8901 - Call cannot be completed as dialed, no minutes used
    *42 234.567.8901 - Call cannot be completed as dialed, no minutes used
    *42* 1.234.567.8901 - Call cannot be completed as dialed, no minutes used
    *62*234.567.8901# - Not allowed
    *004*1.234.567.8901# - Not allowed

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    AT&T does not allow call forwarding for most Tracfones, but occasionally one will slip through.
    T-Mobile does not allow call forwarding for any prepaid.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, that's pretty much all I have to offer given a Tracfone GSM phone operating on the T-Mobile system. Looks like Tracfone T-Mobile users have even less options/tricks/tweaks than Tracfone ATT users. Sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully someone else with more tricks up their sleeves will chime in to help if it's possible.

If you really really needed to do what you described you could always complain to Tracfone about the coverage so they would send you an ATT SIM card (assuming ATT is good in your area). Then the GSM codes would be the way to go. Good luck!

Phones
    ZTE Source N9511
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carriers
    Google Voice
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, but T-Mobile has great service here, AT&T is good but T-Mobile's better so that wouldn't work. It's okay, my next goal is to try to disable the voicemail entirely. I still don't think it really matters either way so if I can't she'll live.

Thanks everybody for trying to help

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    AT&T does not allow call forwarding for most Tracfones, but occasionally one will slip through.
    T-Mobile does not allow call forwarding for any prepaid.
    I have a Tracfone ATT LG420G and a Net10 ATT LG900G and they both allow call forwarding as well as conditional call forwarding, I use those features via the GSM codes occasionally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast