Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG 800g java apps that work

Thanks for all the sweet tips with the 800g. The how to thread is awesome.

I have been trying to add java apps to it for a week now, but did not win till today.

My problem was not being able to select 800g as my phone type at getjar.com.

While reading today I found that this phone is aka LG T310 Cookie Style. With that setting the apps I have downloaded have been more successful.

I was able to add the bolt browser, but was not did not surf with it. No reception here in the basement. A game called Bouncy played well. It was smooth and would entertain someone for a bit.

I also added a flash light that works, but is nothing to write home about. A couple of gps tools as well. I need to test them outside.

There is also a tool that states it will allow surfing over a blutooth connection. Working on tracking down my adapter for my PC to give that a go.

There are so many apps up there... are there any that are must have?
    Lions Rule!

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Surfed with bolt. It was fine. Standard usage rates.

Found my bluetooth adapter, but have not been able to surf via bluetooth yet.

Bouncy is the coolest game so far. Still nothing earth shattering.

Tetris was fine.
    Explosive brick breaker ran fine, but the levels only took 3 blocks or so to break.

Still searching for a killer app. =)

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    99Ninjas, Facewarp, and bird hunt did not work. 99Ninjas and Bird Hunt wanted access to the network... I was not willing to let them go online. Why waste minutes...

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Indeed. Like you, I don't keep any of the java apps that request to go online when I first launch 'em.

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    =) I got fooled twice... They were ads and junk. lesson learned. The beauty of goofing around here in my basement.. no service. =)

Feedback Score
    Google Maps and Books In My Phone. Both are mentioned elsewhere in the forum. Google Maps can include traffic.
    Also, you may wish to add bookmarks to your browser for you favorite sites. Some sites have optimized versions for phones. you may find apps for them or not.
    I've added:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/
    http://online.wsj.com/home-page
    http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todayspaper/index.html

Feedback Score
    "There is also a tool that states it will allow surfing over a Bluetooth connection. Working on tracking down my adapter for my PC to give that a go".

any success with the bluetooth app ? what's name of that jar file anyway ? thanks

Feedback Score
    Have you found any apps that will password protect files?

Feedback Score
    It is likely that you will be able to search over a Bluetooth connection, although I am not sure that would be of much use, when you are near your computer. I was able to successfully link a Bluetooth docked GPS with the LG 800G. I had loaded Google JAVA Mobile Maps App, although I found the application and the controls to be cumbersome. I was plagued by some warnings, which likely related to browser permission that I have yet to research further. Instructions are lacking I will likely load the JAVA App GPSMid. My intent is to use it or a similar GPS Navigation App with the Bluetooth docked GPS to navigate offline, without the cellular telephones browser on and without the built-in GPS.

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    One thing to note is that several apps need thekeypad docked to hit "enter" to get them to start or load. Others work better without the keypad docked. In order to change this setting, click the notepad in the lower left of the apps screen before loading the program. Some apps seem to not support touch screen, which is annoying.

Let's work on personal lists here as to how the apps we've been able to load work, limitations, how fun or functional they are (for what age person, if relevant), how to improve them, whether or not you need to show the keypad. I'd also like to list the .jar file, but I didn't keep that when I started. If you do, list it. If you have found a solution for ones I'm stuck with, let me know!

APPS I'M TRYING:
    I liked shopping list app. I've read you can upload a text file with your own shopping categories, which may be something to try. I like that I don't lose my shopping list paper around the house or as I shop this way, and I can check off things as I buy them. I like the handwriting entry. I just feel cool using it.

Like "Go Bible" for NIV (for church and reading), and Bible English (Amplified) for study (it gives you all the possible English words for the one given Greek word to expand understanding of a verse. There is often not one good English word for the original word used).

I have tried Castle Defense, my son seems to like it (10 years), but I can't figure it out.

Advanced Brain Trainer loads on the phone and looks promising, but I can't find where to click the start button to launch it.

Container's Block is my fav, addictive...I think it's preloaded on the phone...what's the benefit of the "paid version" offered?

Easywords looks useful for teens taking college tests or adults wanting to improve vocabulary--only I can't seem to figure out how to enter the responses exactly right. I do well the first couple, and then it seems like the program spazzes. Or maybe I'm getting them wrong or doing something wrong. I don't think so though.

Facebook app is nice for when that's all you want to do online. It seems to load faster than with Bolt or Mini, though entering things seems harder to me (or liking a post). Honestly, I've yet to find a facebook app I'm totally happy with, and the online version can take a while to load if the network is busy, as it was Halloween night...a lot of people uploading pics I suppose. It's good in a pinch if you are bored to browse, but not good for interacting imho.

Guitar Trainer is nice for learning notes on the fret board. I haven't played with it that much...I'd like it as a chord reference--I hope it has that. There is a "full version" available. It may be with that. I don't see it with this. Does have a guitar tuner feature which could be useful if it's accurate. Can pick different tunings, which is cool. You can focus on a particular string to learn.

Balance Your Life is a nice sounding life evaluation tool. You assign a point to the areas of your life you deem priorities to see where you are really spending your time.

Candy sounding like a mind numbing game, it loaded, but I've yet to get it to work. I see no candy, and it seems low resolution and awkward. Not worth the time imho.

I did not have a great deal of success in seeing the benefit of Google Maps if you have a GPS in your car already, but I need to try it again.

Gym Log seems useful, though I had trouble with it. Need to try it one more time before giving up.

ReadyMadeJokes sounded like a fun thing for travel, but I didn't have luck launching with or without keypad...will have to delete. Do not know why it shows up for this phone.

Battleship loaded. I cannot figure out how to place the ships. If you know how, let me know. I've tried with and without the keypad.

Opera Mini versus Bolt browsers. There are times both hang and I switch to the other and seem to have better luck. I've not determined a favorite yet. I do like them better as a whole than the preloaded one. I'll report as I use them more.

Wordy loads onto the phone. ONLINE ONLY. Cannot start the game without the keypad. Only would load when I clicked the "goto game" button, otherwise, "downloaded" forever on 3G. Once playing the game, the keypad gets in the way. I won't keep it. I'd love it, but it was too hard, few letters that made a word.

Zelda: I could not get it to launch, with or without keypad.
    Last edited by Maggie5; 11-01-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Phones
    samsung sway u650, lg 800g
    lg 800g
    samsung sway u650
    Carriers
    verizon Formerly cellular one/dobson R.I.P.
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks for this. i knew about the other name for got it. knew about the site too but never really looked. looks like there is a lot of stuff. i think i am about to get my moms lg800g and was wondering about some stuff. have you tried the youtube and videostreamer? what is the difference between bolt and bolt light too? can the bolt and opera play youtube and flash too?

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Good questions. As far as I can tell, you can only view youtube by downloading and saving the video to your phone. The phone saves it in a reduced size format it can handle. You can play it back from there somehow. I saw a video on youtube as to how to do this, but can't recall it. You could do a search there.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Reviving this thread. Any other suggestions for useful and/or fun apps that run succesfully on the LG 800G? I've installed Bolt and Gmail so far, but I'm looking for more ideas.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking for an app that will play my music or let me build a playlist on the phone.

Also - since I'm "new" with the LG800 - I see apps and such on websites that are free, but how do I know they won't do harm?

Thanks, Michael

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    There is already an app pre-loaded on the phone that will let you do what you wish with music, schu7877.

Most apps go through your computers built-in virus scanner as they download to your computer, so that's helpful. Also, most just will not work if your phone is not built to handle them. Just delete them if they do not function well. Keep in mind that some will not work with touchscreens, but will work if you enable the keypad. My NIV Go Bible is that way. You get less of a screen size to work with, but they do work. Try it both ways before deleting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast