Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG 800g java apps that work

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    My fav so far is the shopping list app...it is so handy to always have what I need at various stores, not worry about losing my list, and be able to have my phone out and handy while shopping if I need to take a call. That app is so handy!

The built-in calendar app is also something I'm using a lot. I wish it had more functionality, like being able to sync with a computer calendar so I could see the whole month at a glance more easily. I have to scroll through each day of the week, but always having it with me and being able to set alarms has been so helpful. No way I could fit all that in a box on a calendar. I maxed out 100 events in one month, though. You can take care of this by opening a former date and clicking "delete all prior events". That will delete the last month's calendar so you can add to the next month. It does NOT delete repeating events, thankfully. Whew.

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    I've hit an error that I've maxed the number of apps that can be loaded, even though they are on my external drive and it's 75% empty. What's that about? Anyone know? I can't find the same message anywhere else on the web?

Feedback Score
    Can anyone give me a link to where I can get a Bible app that doesn't use internet? Also, has anyone found themes for the phone?

Feedback Score
    Where did you find a flashlight? I'd love one for reading menus in dark restaurants.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcjr5317 View Post
    Can anyone give me a link to where I can get a Bible app that doesn't use internet? Also, has anyone found themes for the phone?
    Go to http://boostapps.com/tag/bible/
    The first one "You Version Bible App" requires Internet but the other 4 don't. I don't have an 800G to test them on but they work on most non-smartphones.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    I found one Countdown Timer that works, after trying several that wouldn't load. It's called Buzzer. I can't recall if I downloaded it at the following link, but this is definitely the app:

[Oops. I'm "not allowed" to post any links since this is my first post on HowardForum. So you can find it if you google << Buzzer 1.2 softpedia >>]

And it's free. At least one that I had downloaded said "Free Download" but then you had to pay to actually make it operable. Buzzer really was free. And it's touch-screen, and it works fine.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen anyone mention the Yahoo Mail app but it works well on the LG800G. If you're interested it's available at GetJar.com using your phone, the Quick Download code is 36307. Worked so nicely I had to open a Yahoo mail account so I could use it.

EDIT: I hadn't used my Facebook app ver 2.8.1 for several days and today it wouldn't work on two different phones, my LG800G and my Samsung R455C. I went to the mobile site to update the app to ver 2.9.1 on the LG800G and it did update the app but the app still doesn't get any further than the loading page (flashing the left block forever) so I have to End the app to get out of it. I tried to update the app on the Samsung R455C and it now says my phone is not supported. Anyone else having problems with the Facebook app loading?
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 07-26-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    I hadn't used my Facebook app ver 2.8.1 for several days and today it wouldn't work on two different phones, my LG800G and my Samsung R455C. I went to the mobile site to update the app to ver 2.9.1 and it did update the app but the app still doesn't get any further than the loading page (flashing the left block forever) so I have to End the app to get out of it. I tried to update the app on the Samsung R455C and it now says my phone is not supported. Anyone else having problems with the Facebook app loading?
    BobbyLee, could you also post this portion in the R455C thread? R455C owners probably wouldn't think to look in an LG 800 thread for news about their phone. Just a suggestion.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    BobbyLee, could you also post this portion in the R455C thread? R455C owners probably wouldn't think to look in an LG 800 thread for news about their phone. Just a suggestion.
    Good point, done. Do you have the FB app on any of your phones and if so does it still work? I get the impression they changed something so the apps can't access FB anymore but I can't tell for sure until I hear others say their app still works or not.

EDIT: After multiple attempts yesterday I tried it today and it works on the LG800G but is still giving me a message on the Samsung R455C that the device is not supported when I try to download the new version. I finally got it to download because the Samsung R455C version 2.8.1 is working today also but to get the new version on that phone I had to run the Upgrade from the menu inside the FB app. So, version 2.9.1 is running on the LG800G without any issues..... today.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 07-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I get the impression they changed something so the apps can't access FB anymore but I can't tell for sure until I hear others say their app still works or not.

2.8.1 on my S390G was still working fine this morning. Had not tried it recently.

Tried to update (over wi-fi), browser launched, complained about the certificate, then failed.
    Turned off wi-fi and it updated fine (same warning about the certificate though).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eva1634 View Post
    Where did you find a flashlight? I'd love one for reading menus in dark restaurants.
    I found the flashlight app...it's j2me flashlight. It's about the only one that works (on my lg800g)...I tried others but they're not as good as predicted. It's, at best, decent. It will help if you need to use it in a dark restaurant, look in a bag or use a door key at night. The light, however, dims after a few seconds and all you need to do is put your finger on the screen to keep it bright. You have the choice of colors too: white, red, blue, green, purple (although it's listed as pink) and rainbow. Here's a link to one source: http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-28228.html

Feedback Score
    Thanks, ciliegia. That flashlight app (.jar, of course, on Mirror 1) downloaded, installed, and works for me.

Feedback Score
    I haven't seen anyone mention the Yahoo Mail app but it works well on the LG800G. If you're interested it's available at GetJar.com using your phone, the Quick Download code is 36307. Worked so nicely I had to open a Yahoo mail account so I could use it.

EDIT: I hadn't used my Facebook app ver 2.8.1 for several days and today it wouldn't work on two different phones, my LG800G and my Samsung R455C. I went to the mobile site to update the app to ver 2.9.1 on the LG800G and it did update the app but the app still doesn't get any further than the loading page (flashing the left block forever) so I have to End the app to get out of it. I tried to update the app on the Samsung R455C and it now says my phone is not supported. Anyone else having problems with the Facebook app loading?
    I downloaded and used, sporadically, the Yahoo mail app. It worked fine. However, for the past few days I find that the Inbox is missing. When I tap on options, I find it. TOnce I find the inbox, I can't open it. I receive a simple message saying there is an error and try later, no explanation of the error. This has been going on for a few days. I attempted, today, to send a message to Yahoo help with the e-mail, and again, I get the message "there is an error, try later."
    Has this happened to anyone? How did you fix it?
    BTW...no problem signing in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2