Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ringtones for the lg800g

Feedback Score

ringtones for the lg800g

is there anyone out there that actually loaded ringtones on there lg800g phone without using the worthless ringtones that tracfone has to offer,i am a avid hunter and tryed to go to many sites that offer goose or duck ringtones but nothing i can find for lg800g phones,called tracfone and they said that there isn,t any chance to download ringtones unless i go thru themwhat format does tracfones use for ringtones?

hope someone gives me good news and instructions if there is any chance on my question.

thank you

Feedback Score

Tracfone Ringtones Suk

Get a song/sound you like, use a program like Audcacity to cut the mp3 to 300KB then load it into your 800G. Set it as a ringtone.

Gotta get some cat ringtones
    I've decided to start giving a crap
    Would you like some?

Phone
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The format can be MP3. It must be 300KB or smaller or it will say "File size too big" It must be 00:30 long or less. I loaded my ringtones both using bluetooth and a data cable I got off amazon.
    ebildude123 was here...

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    My daughter makes ringtones out of mp3 songs at a place called myringtonemaker and then downloads them to the PC and transfers them to her micro sd card and puts the card in her phone.

If you go to a place where you can get free ringtones or purchase them see if you can download the ringtone to PC. Then you could transfer it to a micro sd card or with usb cable to the phone.

That way you don't have to pay airtime for attempting to download the ringtone to the phone.

Feedback Score
    I had to download to my micro sd card, the usb cable wouldn't work with Windows 7 and my computers all run Win 7. Do you have to have a bluetooth headset to download with bluetooth and if not how does one do that? I know nothing about bluetooth.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    You have to have Bluetooth on the computer. Unless it's a laptop, you probably need to buy an adapter for it.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=usb+b...apter&tbm=shop

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannara View Post
    I had to download to my micro sd card, the usb cable wouldn't work with Windows 7 and my computers all run Win 7. Do you have to have a bluetooth headset to download with bluetooth and if not how does one do that? I know nothing about bluetooth.
    Are you sure you have a cable that supports data transfer, some cables are just for charging? Here is an example that works with the LG 800G: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Are you sure you have a cable that supports data transfer, some cables are just for charging? Here is an example that works with the LG 800G: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    This is correct - lots of cables only charge - no data transfer. Seems stupid that there are 2 different kind of cables out there. Be sure and buy off the internet - brick & morter places all want about $20.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    This is correct - lots of cables only charge - no data transfer. Seems stupid that there are 2 different kind of cables out there.
    I still want to know where people are finding these charging cables. I've yet to see one.
    Everything I've seen says USB2.0 which is a data spec.

Be sure and buy off the internet - brick & morter places all want about $20.
    I got my cable at a computer shop for under $10, so not all stores want that much.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I still want to know where people are finding these charging cables. I've yet to see one.
    Everything I've seen says USB2.0 which is a data spec.

I got my cable at a computer shop for under $10, so not all stores want that much.
    You were lucky - I checked walmart, target, officemax, radio shak. All wanted $18-$20+. Bought one off ebay for $3.12 (including shipping). Works perfect.
    When looking at the listings some say charge only; others charging/data transfer.

An example is the mini usb/usb cord that came with my pandigital reader. It is data transfer only to the SD card - will not charge ereader. (seems stupid to me).

Then I have micro/usb cord (don't have packaging anymore) that came with wall/usb device. It will only charge phone cannot use micro usb to usb portion to transfer data - still will only charge phone.

Don't know why they bother to make the charge only cords - the ones that do it all are cheap enough.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    You were lucky - I checked walmart, target, officemax, radio shak. All wanted $18-$20+
    FWIW, none of those are computer stores. I would go to any of them for a new hard drive, or a DVD writer either.

An example is the mini usb/usb cord that came with my pandigital reader. It is data transfer only to the SD card - will not charge ereader. (seems stupid to me).
    I'll bet they use a special detection circuit to limit the charge circuit. Probably did something funny with the 5th pin on the connector, like tying it to VCC or D-.

Then I have micro/usb cord (don't have packaging anymore) that came with wall/usb device.
    Came with a charging device? Doesn't surprise me too much then. But it wasn't just a cable purchased separately.

As for the cost. Charging takes 2 wires. Data takes 4 wires with specific requirements on the wires. USB2.0 even more expensive wiring for the faster data rate. The cost becomes significant when making a million of them, so I can see the business case for making the cheaper cables.

I'd be a bit leery of a $3 USB2 cable. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't really meet the USB2 spec and has problems with high speed transfers (60 MB/s).

Feedback Score
    Oh, maybe it is for just charging, didn't know there were different kinds. Thanks for the tip, I'll order this on amazon. Thank you so much.

Feedback Score
    Tracfancier, Thanks for the link above. I received the proper cable and it works perfectly with Windows 7. Great deal too. I really appreciate all the help you have all given.

Feedback Score
    For those that are trying to add ringtones to the LG800 try this.
    Load the ringtones with distintive names that you can find to your SD mini card. Put the tones in your IMAGE folder. Then load your images as usual. You may have to tap the button on the top of the screen for your external card but it will show up in your listing. Click on the one you want. It will play on your media player and you will also see the "Set As" button. That will allow to set to your main ring tone or your specific contact tone. It works for me.

Feedback Score
    I went to the site: http://www.umnet.com/...and searched for some ring tones for the LG800g that I wanted. Downloaded them to my PC and then with BT sent them to the phone. No problem at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast