Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ringtones for the lg800g

Feedback Score

How to make you own ringtones for LG 800 or LG800 g and use them.

The LG800 accepts 192 or 96kbps MPp3 files sized under 300kb. Use a Sound Editor (Roxio Creator, Sony or similar) to convert your music to mp3 at 96kbps. Amend all tones with an R in front of name as the LG800 comingles all sound or mp3 files together unde the folders MUSIC or SOUND. It will be easier to find with an R in front of name. Either remove the external memory chip (4 GB max size) and insert into your pc or use a data cable to copy the ringtones to either folder. Press contacts on screen, click or pressn contact you want to add ringtone to, clickor press the white squae at botton left. A screen with Delete speed dials, view from appears Click on white square again. click Edit, the Contact list and at bottom click on MORE. This will bring you to the next page where you will find a rectangle that says "no ringtones". Press or Click on it! Click or press it againe then a list of your files and the ringtones will appear. Double click on the ringtone and it will upload to the contact. You can have a diff ringtone for each contact. SAVE! and repeat as often as necessary.

You can also change the Telephone master ringtones under Profiles in the second screen page that does not have the date and time or internet button. Swipe screen with finger left to right.

Good luck
    SF

Feedback Score

How to make your own ringtones and use them (install) on the lg 800 LG800

You need a sound editor program like (Roxio Creator, Sony sound editor, etc.) Make an MP3 – 96kb bit rate, copy of your songs on a separate folder. A higher bit rate is not necessary; the phone does not play back that great through the speaker. Import the 96kb MP3 to your sound editor. Play song in sound editor and Clip the part of the song you like at not more than 25 seconds long. [Sound editor tells you how long your clip is] (You can actually find spots on song that when they replay the “sound byte” will sound like a continuous song). Export the clip to a second folder. Check that size is smaller than 300kb. Edit or rename the clip (sound byte) name (do not change the MP3 ending identifier) and place an R in front of name so you can find it easier during searches.

Copy you list of ringtones to the SOUND folder in your external memory chip (max size of chip is 4GB). You can copy with Bluetooth, Data cable, or by inserting chip into PC slot for it.

On your cellphone screen swipe screenn left or right to get to screen without Web or Time date bubbles. ON the blank page you can press on contacts or you can go through the Settings screen (Blue square button with 4 dots on bottom right) button for contacts. Press the name of desired contact, press the white square with horizontal bars on bottom left, Press edit on screen that comes up . Press on the white square with horizontal bars on bottom left again Press EDIT, GOTO bottom of screen (use scroll bar on right) and press on MORE, A screen with a rectangle showing no ringtones will appear, Press on ringtones. The phone will search all MP3 Sound and Music files scroll (scroll bar on right) to your R rated ringtones. Press on the ringtone to insert. Press Save. It’s done.

You can also change the master ringtone by pressing (Blue square button with 4 dots on bottom right) then swipe right to access you’re my stuff setting. press Profiles on that second screen . Press on any profile you want to change and you can set the phone to Vibraiton and Sound to notify you of calls. In that same screen you can change the Ringtones for incoming calls, The messages rintone, etc. Just press on Voice call ringtone and a list of your sound and music will appear. Scroll to the one you want and press it. Then save eveything. It’s done

SF

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the great tips. I had no idea that I could assign ringtones to my contacts. You are all so helpful.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

where to buy the cord

Hi folks, I've used this site for a couple of years. They are good at delivery. Also they are good with shipping.
    http://www.cellphoneshop.net/

I had to send back this - Brand New Dual SIM Quad-Band Cell because it didn't work as advertised. I emailed them for a return code #. They refunded me very quickly.

Here is the cord I bought that charges the phone and also transfers between PC to phone:
    USB Data Cable For LG 800g, http://www.cellphoneshop.net/usbdacaforlg57.html .
    Last edited by zoonie4howard; 02-05-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: trying to fix subject line

Phones
    lg 800 tracfone
    lg 800 tracfone
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    hi there.I have the lg800,have experimented with ringtones also.all phones seem to be different on various sites,so will tell you what i do.on PHONE ZOO,i can download ringtones and wallpaper.ive used them for yrs.with various phones.I also like FUNTONIA for ringtones and wallpaper.phone zoo free,funtonia costs i think 19.95 for a yr..with the lg800 items won't directly download.so i click on song i want,click on download,go to page shows ph.no.mark the box.then i go back to download,r.click on mp3,click on save as target,and i put on pc under music on windows media player.then hook up usb cable to pc and phone,phone will say, want to use mass storage? say yes.then with media player open,drag to right list of songs you want to put on phone,click on sync,then click on start sync.songs go to phone,when done, unhook cable.you can also get any songs from albums you may have already downloaded on media player..just drag songs you want to right,and sync,etc.as did before..hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2