Thread: Bluetooth Headset for Small Ears?

Feedback Score

Bluetooth Headset for Small Ears?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew any good bluetooth headsets for those of us with small ears. I need a headset just for everyday talking at home, driving, and talking while walking outside.

I was looking at Jawbone Icon and the Plantronics Discovery 975, but I am worried the ear pieces may be too large. Any suggestions?

Phone
    iPhone 5 - VZW
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was in the same boat and went with the Bose Bluetooth. Its fit great in the ear with the included suretips.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using HowardForums
    iPhone 4 - 550 Min Fam Plan w/ 5 F&F | Unl Data | 1500 Txt | Home Phone Connect (2nd Line)

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advise! I'll check that one out. ;-)

Phones
    Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Moto Droid Razr HD Maxx
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    The JB Icon with a Jabra mini ear gel does an outstanding job (fit/sound/comfort).
    This is what I've been sporting for quite some time now (until I find a successor good enough for me to retire my Icon).
    :Add sig here:

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Dobu,

When you say small ears, do you mean the bit INSIDE the ear?

Fortunately, many headsets nowadays come with a variety of ear "gels", big and small. I must have average to large size ears (the inside) because usually the smallest ear gel is too small for me. Maybe there's hope!
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I decided to just get both and return the one that I decided against. I ordered both the Jawbone Icon and Plantronics Discovery 975. With testing, just a few hours ago for about an hour, I say I get better audio via Plantronics. They both sound good with incoming sound, however, outgoing is different.

With the JB Icon my voice actually sounded muffled to 2 different people I called. I tried the Discovery in the same conditions and it sounded crisp. One caller said I sounded like I was on speakerphone. The other stated it sounded completely natural. The incoming voices on the Discovery were good, but I could hear this faint ringing noise in the background that would occasionally disappear. I heard it in two different locations, so it is probably the headset. I haven't quite figured out what it is. The sound isn't loud enough to bother me, but it would some other people.

In terms of fit, they both had earpieces that fit my small ears. I guess the inside of my ears are normal size, thanks WirelessAndy . I just have outwardly very small ears. But both fit comfortably, the discovery more so than the JB Icon. I might try to find that Jabra mini ear gel to try though if the included earpieces start to irritate me, thanks cmorty! But both headsets came with a variety of ear gels that made it easier to find a fit. The discovery is a bit harder to change the ear gels than the JB.

coorey, thanks for the tip! Unfortunately the Bose are a little out of my price range. The earpieces did look very comfortable though. I got the Plantronics for ~$60, which is more of something I can afford at the moment, without severely decreasing quality, I hope.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have very small ears (the outside) and what I did was, I got the Jawbone Icon (nobody complains about my voice as long as I have the sensor touching my face in the right spot)... I ended up getting the Averysound custom earpiece because the included eargels didn't fit comfortably for long term use and my small ears didn't like the over-the-ear hooks... now the earpiece stays in my ear (w/o a hook), and is comfortable ALL day long, and my incoming sound is really nice and full....

I have tried almost every headset out there at one point of another.. I haven't tried the Voyager/Voyager Pro series only because I like smaller headsets, although people say that the Voyagers are the 'end all be all' of headsets for outgoing and incoming sound... but my Icon works in pretty extreme situations, and I like the A2DP, size, and noise canceling...
    I'm so pissed at Nextlink

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    I've got one of those Avery customs, and unfortunately for me it made the Jawbones fit worse. That is, the Voice Activity Sensor no longer touched my face. As always, the shape of your head will differ.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow.. sorry to hear that.. did you bring it up to them?... they have a comfort/fit guarantee...

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Oh, this was YEARS ago. It fit just fine, but just not well enough for the Jawbones. That's OK, i'm not a huge fan of the Jawbones anyway.