I already preordered
I plan to preorder soon
Will wait till release to see what happens
Can't afford to preorder or to buy right now
Waiting for a better deal
Will keep my old phone for a while longer
Kinda want Triumph, but still on lookout for a better phone
I stumbled on this thread after trying to decide whether to pre-order the Triumph via Best Buy. I did the same research as 'theenigma1981' regarding return policy and re-stocking fee, but didn't know about the price match, so thanks for that 'enigma'. Ultimately decided against pre-ordering due to my horrible experience ordering OpV from Virgin's website.
After my expected delivery time for my OpV order on VM's website had come and gone, I checked the status of my order on th website and it stated something like "Transaction Processed". I called up VM to ask what that meant and the CSR couldn't tell me anything further regarding the status of my order or whether it had even been shipped. After double the expected delivery time had gone by and still no OpV, I called up VM and asked that my order be cancelled, to which I was told that it could not since the transaction was being processed. I replied that I was tired of waiting for the phone and was planning on purchasing it at either Radio Shack or Target. The CSR stated that I could return the phone after it had arrived. I purchased the phone at RS later that day and two weeks later, my VM-ordered phone arrived and was promptly taken to USPS for return. To add insult to injury, I had to pay $10 for the return shipment.
I love my Optimus V and VM's plan, but my experience with ordering from VM via the web has left me wary of any web ordering including the Triumph pre-order. I am super-excited to try out the Triumph but will wait until I can physically see the item I am going to purchase before I hand over my money. I guess I'm not one for delayed gratification.