Thread: LG 800G mp3 player

Feedback Score

LG 800G mp3 player

This is my first smartphone so I don't know if this is a typical phone mp3 player. It's all right, but it ignores track numbers and sorts tracks alphabetically by name. Short of using an mp3 tagger to prepend the track numbers to all the title tags,

1. is there a way to make the app sort the tracks by track number?
    2. if not, is there an alternative player I can install that will sort by track number rather than alphabetically?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how to interpret the lack of response to this. Is it a stupid question?
    Is there somewhere else I should be asking it?

Feedback Score
    Typical phone MP3 player sorts tracks by name or random shuffle unless you create playlist, probably better ones out there. Otherwise try amending track number after the album name, prepending track number before album name will look like this:
    01 - Album A
    01 - Album B
    01 - Album C
    02 - Album A
    02 - Album B
    02 - Album C
    03 - Album A

Feedback Score
    Strangely enough - I did do that - and somehow, the software ignored them ... maybe if I remove the hyphens ...
    Playlist, huh? That's something I haven't tried. I'll give that a go.

You say there are "probably better ones out there", so I take that to mean you have no recommendations. Oh, well ... thanks for taking the time to respond.

Feedback Score
    It is not a dumb question, most likely the LG 800G has not grown in popularity enough or others have not figured it out for themselves yet. It has only been out a couple months, right? How about Evan-mp3-Player, have you tried that one? Press download and try typing in LG T310 Cookie Style instead of LG 800G.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response. I'm having trouble downloading from getjar. When I click the Download button, a "Set Your Device" div appears. I enter the device name and an image of the phone appears. I click the image and "(Wink Style)" gets appended to the device name you suggested I enter. Then ... nothing happens. I finally click the "X" and the window reloads, but no download starts. If I click the Download button again, the whole cycle starts again.

Is that because the app is not supported on this phone? If so, it would be nice if the website made that a little clearer.

Anyways, figuring the app must be available somewhere else, I googled it and got lots of hits, including this one:
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Mu...er-78847.shtml

Looking at the requirements, I see:
    MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1, File Connection and PIM API 1.0

I'm a real noob, so I assume these are different phone OS's? I'm not sure if any of those apply to my phone but I decide to try it anyways. I successfully install it into my phone and it turns out that it reads all the mp3 files on my sd card and displays them with no attempt to sort them by artist or album. Yes, I can sort by name or track, but that's kind of useless with track 1's of all albums followed by track 2's of all albums, etc.

The site suggests other players so I will start investigating them when I have time. Thanks for the pointer.