Thread: LG800G - Viewing Office Files with Picsel Viewer

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

LG800G - Viewing Office Files with Picsel Viewer

In reading another forum, I learned of another feature of this phone I did not know about (prior to today). The Documents folder is a special folder that allows you to read a variety of documents by using the Picsel file viewer (which is already installed on the phone). What I've been able to view is Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint - meaning .doc, .xls and .ppt), and .pdf, as well as .txt files. Haven't tried others except to confirm I could NOT view Office 2007 files. What I did is hooked up my phone to my PC (w/ USB cable), copied Office files to the Documents folder, then disconnected the phone, and just navigated to the Documents folder on the phone. Selecting the files causes the Picsel file viewer to launch, then the file to open.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    In reading another forum, I learned of another feature of this phone I did not know about (prior to today). The Documents folder is a special folder that allows you to read a variety of documents by using the Picsel file viewer (which is already installed on the phone). What I've been able to view is Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint - meaning .doc, .xls and .ppt), and .pdf, as well as .txt files. Haven't tried others except to confirm I could NOT view Office 2007 files. What I did is hooked up my phone to my PC (w/ USB cable), copied Office files to the Documents folder, then disconnected the phone, and just navigated to the Documents folder on the phone. Selecting the files causes the Picsel file viewer to launch, then the file to open.
    You didnt have to install Picsel? It was already on the phone? What is the other forum you read about this on? Can you read documents directly from a microSD card?

Thanks
    Last edited by annepani; 06-27-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    You didnt have to install Picsel? It was already on the phone? What is the other forum you read about this on? Can you read documents directly from a microSD card?

Thanks
    No I didn't have to install it - the only thing I did was to put the Office programs into the Documents folder (on my microSD card). I found out about this on the Turks forum: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/4245631/3/. I am reading these documents directly from my installed microSD card.

I am now thinking that this application (Picsel) may allow us to view Office files that are attached to an email message. I haven't tested it - but intend to.