Thread: Intercept stuck at black "samsung" loading screen

Feedback Score

Intercept stuck at black "samsung" loading screen

Twice in the past month, I've been using my intercept's soft keys--usually the back arrow key--and the screen gets stuck and is unresponsive. I press the power button to turn it off and the screen goes black, but the lights for the four soft keys stay lit.

I take out the battery since there is nothing else I can do. When I put the battery back in, it says "Virgin Mobile!" and the progress bar goes across the screen as it should. But then the phone gets stuck at the black Samsung loading logo (the one that is focused, then fuzzy, etc.) It never goes past that screen.

So then I take the battery out again and leave it out for even longer and then try it again. Luckily, it boots up as it should.
    Is there anything else I should be doing to fix this problem? I read some instructions online about how to reset the Intercept back to factory settings, but if I did this wouldn't I need to call VM and set up the phone service again? Naturally I don't want to do that since we all know how pleasant talking to VM customer service reps can be. My phone is out of warranty so I can't return it.

Have others had this problem? Since it has already happened twice I am sure it will happen again, so I want to know what to do if pulling the battery doesn't work next time. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    i just wait and remove my battery and put it back again..this problem has been killing me

Phone
    Nexus⁴,Moto G
    Carriers
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    You won't have to re-activate your phone if you do a factory reset. You can factory reset in the settings menu, under privacy. Or turn the phone off, then press and hold the volume down and call end until you boot to the recovery console, then select "reset" with the optical pad. You will lose all your apps and contacts, unless you backup.

After you factory reset, I suggest you get the "quick restart" app and use the integrated task manager in froyo, under ram manager run the level 2. Running those two during the day a couple times to keep some ram free, it seems to keep my intercept very speedy.

And yes I know your not supposed to use app killers in froyo, but I'm just passing on my experience.

Feedback Score
    Also consider App Monster to copy your apps over to your SD card. There is another called Go Contacts which will export your contacts to your SD card so that you can easily put them all back on your phone after it is corrected.
    I had to do a factory reset on mine because it lost volume on incoming and outgoing calls. it would make the calls you just could hear what was being said from either side.
    Factory reset corrected it. So I am figuring it was a app conflict that produced the problem in the first place. This may also be what is going on with your phone. After the factory reset, only put one app back on at a time and try to give a week between installs so you can see how the phone is reacting.
    If that is whats going on, once you install the conflicting app it should be noticeable

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the feedback.
    I do go into the Task Manager a few times a day to clear out the RAM since it is so high. Tonight I noticed that it indicated that 156/160 MB of RAM were in use...naturally my phone was really sluggish. When I cleared it, it only went down to 140/160, and it seemed to creep back up as I watched the indicator bar. I think this is the root of the problem--that the phone just freezes when all the RAM is in use, and then I can't do anything to get it back to normal.

But what can be causing such a high RAM usage all the time? I check the Active Programs and nothing is active. It's as if when I close a program the RAM is still in use. Do others have this same situation, and what can be done? I deleted a bunch of apps, thinking that would help but it didn't. This whole issue--high RAM and phone becoming unresponsive/stuck on the loading screen--just started a few weeks ago.

Phone
    Nexus⁴,Moto G
    Carriers
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    You can try the "quick reboot" app I mentioned above, then a level2 in the task manager. Or you can just do a normal restart once a day. And keep about 90mb of in-phone storage available. Seems to help too.

Techinically thats the way the Android OS works. It keeps apps in the ram for fast starting, and free's up ram (closes apps) when ram is needed for currenty running apps. But many have noticed low available ram = unresposivness.