Thread: Samsung Exhibit 4g HELP! PASSWORD LOCKED OUT! EVEN RECOVERY MODE DOESNT WORK!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Samsung Exhibit 4g HELP! PASSWORD LOCKED OUT! EVEN RECOVERY MODE DOESNT WORK!

There is nothing online about this phone since its new, and not a flagship phone like a Nexus or Evo.

I found how to go into recovery mode myself by holding both volume keys and the middle button and power at the same time.

Once I choose to wipe the phone, it asks for the password again!

I've never seen an Android phone ask for the password when wiping in recovery, this must be something new!

Is there any way this phone can be flashed back to stock using Odin or something?

I would really appreciate the help, I can paypal a $10 reward to whomever can come with a solution.

Phones
    T-Mobile MDA
    Custom Razr v3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Bump.... I just encountered the same problem

Phones
    T-Mobile MDA
    Custom Razr v3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I found the solution... Just keep entering anything, after about 10 worng tries it says if you continue to put the incorrect password that it'll erase your SD card. Continue about 5 more times and it'll automatically wipe your phone. Hope that helps

Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dt32886 View Post
    There is nothing online about this phone since its new, and not a flagship phone like a Nexus or Evo.

I found how to go into recovery mode myself by holding both volume keys and the middle button and power at the same time.

Once I choose to wipe the phone, it asks for the password again!

I've never seen an Android phone ask for the password when wiping in recovery, this must be something new!

Is there any way this phone can be flashed back to stock using Odin or something?

I would really appreciate the help, I can paypal a $10 reward to whomever can come with a solution.
    I had the same problem with a Verizon Fascinate.

Sorry I couldn't offer more help than that. I know how frustrating this can be.

Phones
    Galaxy S II, N900
    HTC One, Iphone 5
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drzprince973 View Post
    I found the solution... Just keep entering anything, after about 10 worng tries it says if you continue to put the incorrect password that it'll erase your SD card. Continue about 5 more times and it'll automatically wipe your phone. Hope that helps
    You should try to wipe it with the SD card removed. It may be the password related to accessing your SD card. A reformat in your PC (for the SD card) may even allow you to access the phone without needing to wipe it.

Feedback Score
    default password is 1234 according to Tmobile

Feedback Score
    Change device lock password / PIN
    To change device lock password or PIN, follow these steps:

From any Home screen, tap the Menu menu.jpg key.
    Tap Settings.
    Tap Location and security.
    Tap Set screen lock.
    Tap Password.
    Enter the password.
    Tap Continue.
    Enter the password again to confirm.
    Tap OK

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ummm, you're responding to a 2+ year old thread ....
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3)

Feedback Score
    STEPS:
    Make sure the computer recognizes your phone with the drivers above (again, this is probably already the case if you're having to do this!)
    Unzip the "back to stock" .zip file to wherever you want - preferably somewhere easy to get to (desktop?).
    Power down your phone. Once it's off, hold down the volume-down button and press power. Hold both down until you see the "Warning!!" message with the yellow triangle at the bottom. Once you see that, hit the volume-up button. This puts you into Odin/download mode.
    Plug your phone into your computer.
    Among the files you unzipped from the "back to stock" .zip file, open "Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe". Once it opens, the Message window at the bottom left should read "Added!!!" and "Detected!!!".
    Make sure all four of the Options are checked (One Package, Auto Reboot, Protect OPS, Reset Time [mine's set to 300 seconds]). I don't know if this is all necessary, but at the very least One Package and Auto Reboot appear to be.
    On the right side, click the "OPS" button, and select/open the Ancora.ops file.
    At the bottom, click the "One Package" button, and select/open the "T679UVKJ1_T679TMBKJ1_T679UVKJ1_HOME.tar.md5" file.
    The Message window should do an md5 check and end with "Check MD5... ok". If it doesn't, try redownloading again - don't want to flash a corrupt file!
    If all of that is good to go, then select the "Start" button.
    Your mileage will vary, but for me it took about 5 minutes, then the phone reboots itself into recovery mode (the little white box with the progress bar), then about 30 seconds after that and the phone fully reboots. Don't unplug it yet. After a few minutes (actually, the 300 seconds set in the "reset time" in Odin), it will say Pass!!! and you're good to go and unplug the phone.
    However, we're not quite done yet. Our goal is to get back to a factory state. You'll notice a lot of your stuff is still in place - apps, etc. That's because this process doesn't touch the /data partition of the phone. In addition, it's possible you COULD still be seeing the Superuser app. If that's the case, simply go into your application settings (settings > applications > manage applications), find Superuser, uninstall it. It will say uninstall not successful, but it should disappear.
    The last thing to do is simply a factory reset - this will wipe out the /data partition, back to stock, and you'll be done. This could also take care of Superuser, but I've never tested it to see since it's easy enough to do it before the factory reset.