Thread: Can You Activate StraightTalk CDMA Phones on Net10?

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can You Activate StraightTalk CDMA Phones on Net10?

We've got a bunch of never-activated reconditioned StraightTalk LG220C and LG290C phones from back from when they were giving a free phone, plus a month of service, plus a $20 restaurant gift card, for the price of a month of service. Now that that heavenly deal is expired, and we actually have to pay at least $30 for a month of StraightTalk service, Net10 looks to be a better deal for us. Do we have to get a Net10 phone (and a backup for when it breaks), or will one of our StraightTalk models work?

Yes, Net10.com also gives out free reconditioned phones, but at present they all seem to be GSM, and we live in an AT&T dead zone.

I guess this opens me up to some flamer calling us pigs for taking all these free phones, but hopefully the majority of you guys will take pity on a newbie here

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Can You Activate StraightTalk CDMA Phones on Net10? No.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone and Net10 seem to be making the GSM phones much more attractive so most people will pass on purchasing a CDMA model. This has never been the case with their Straight Talk division.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Here's a good deal on a Net10 CDMA phone, the Samsung R355C w/ 300 minutes and a 1-year activation for $49.99.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Here's a good deal on a Net10 CDMA phone . . .
    Yes, for texters, that looks good. Thanks to you and the other posters for their guidance.

I just ordered two LG220C's, each with 60 days of service and 300 minutes, from sears.com, at $27.07 each plus tax with free ship to store. We'll activate one phone, and keep the other in case of loss or breakage.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    I know it makes no sense when the same model is available from Tracfone, Net10and Straighttalk, e.g. Lg 220c

The serial numbers are even very similar.

The reason must be that the phones are programmed differently to use Tracfone, Net10 or ST (texting rates, browser access, roaming capabilities)

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mommusic View Post
    I know it makes no sense when the same model is available from Tracfone, Net10and Straighttalk, e.g. Lg 220c

The serial numbers are even very similar.

The reason must be that the phones are programmed differently to use Tracfone, Net10 or ST (texting rates, browser access, roaming capabilities)
    Makes me wonder about the EX124G replacements for the Tracfone branded LG 800G. If Tracfone was not meant to carry the EX124G, just how easy is it to switch a Net10 over to be a Tracfone.