Thread: Droid X Warranty Replacements?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Droid X Warranty Replacements?

My X is beginning to have some issues; there are bright spots forming, and black dots appear when a moderate amount of pressure is placed on the screen. I've checked the battery (not swollen) and compartment (clear) and it appears the casing is not the problem.

If I call in for a replacement, will I receive a refurb X? I want to make sure I absolutely do NOT get an X2.

I'm also a little leery about certified refurbished devices after the four BB 9530s I went through, each progressively worse than the one before. Ugh. Should it really be this hard? Thanks VZW for killing annual updates...

Carrier(s)
    VzW
    Feedback Score
    I'm actually starting to have some issues with my X as well. I also had a bad experience with FRU 9530s & my girl's 9630s.

I don't think they would send you an X2??? I think that has mostly happened for insurance claims (lost or damaged phone)...not warranty replacements.

Why are you so against the X2...just curious???

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The X is likely to be the last Motorola phone I will own. Their duplicitous stance on locked bootloaders has driven many capable devs away from their hardware, so much to the point that the X2 is scene abandoned right out of the gate. No ROMs are coming, and Cyanogenmod will never make the 2nd-init jump. I'd rather have my X, which I know has a helpful community, than an X2 that will be nothing more than a blur-ridden, VZW crapware-filled paperweight that happens to make phonecalls.

Device(s)
    Droid X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon. Damn, I miss Alltel though.
    Feedback Score

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by AshG View Post
    My X is beginning to have some issues; there are bright spots forming, and black dots appear when a moderate amount of pressure is placed on the screen. I've checked the battery (not swollen) and compartment (clear) and it appears the casing is not the problem.

If I call in for a replacement, will I receive a refurb X? I want to make sure I absolutely do NOT get an X2.

I'm also a little leery about certified refurbished devices after the four BB 9530s I went through, each progressively worse than the one before. Ugh. Should it really be this hard? Thanks VZW for killing annual updates...

After killing my original Droid X (concrete won) I got an insurance replacement that started to get the bright spots after a while. Got another phone with Asurion and out of the box it had the bright spots. Unbelievably the spots were in the same exact spot. According to Asurion there is no known issue on this. I call bs because if that was the case the spots wouldn't be in the same spot. I think moto had issues with certain batches of screens or the quality control is just lacking. But after the last one they gave me a Droid X2. Decent phone but moto crapped the bed when they handicapped it with the ram but maybe with gingerbread it will get better.

But to your other statement about not sticking with moto. Lets say I hear you loud and clear. I'm so getting a Samsung Galaxy S III next year and not looking back.